stadium security or lack there of

kmnj

I have been going for decades to jets-own psls and have invested if you want to call it that huge amounts of money over the  years and am always extremely disappointed by the lack of proper security at the games. It is definitely not a family friendly place to watch a game and I dont have kids but if I did , I would not let them attend any games where there would be rival fans present in large numbers. There was an incident near my seats where people were calling for security to stop a situation from becoming dangerous -yes you guessed in fight between jets and pats fans and it took security a long long time to arrive and when the first person showed up on the scene he was not a guy that would be able to handle anything-if not for the presence of some fans to intervene somebody would have been hurt very badly or worse.  If stadiums are going to provide tons of boos to fans they need to at least take the proper measures to prevent the ever growing fan violence that is going on. Each year the jets send me a survey and I always point to the terrible security and the terrible parking situation that exists and both could be easily fixed.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have been going for decades to jets-own psls and have invested if you want to call it that huge amounts of money over the  years and am always extremely disappointed by the lack of proper security at the games. It is definitely not a family friendly place to watch a game and I dont have kids but if I did , I would not let them attend any games where there would be rival fans present in large numbers. There was an incident near my seats where people were calling for security to stop a situation from becoming dangerous -yes you guessed in fight between jets and pats fans and it took security a long long time to arrive and when the first person showed up on the scene he was not a guy that would be able to handle anything-if not for the presence of some fans to intervene somebody would have been hurt very badly or worse.  If stadiums are going to provide tons of boos to fans they need to at least take the proper measures to prevent the ever growing fan violence that is going on. Each year the jets send me a survey and I always point to the terrible security and the terrible parking situation that exists and both could be easily fixed.

You ask too much.  It's as if you think the teams and NFL make a lot of money.  They give us an amazing product (that is never ruined by poor officiating) for a dirt cheap price.  The NFL and owners are just barely scraping by.

If you want security, you should have to pay at least 25% higher PSLs and ticket costs.  It's only fair.

I really believe we have Stubhub, Ebay, Ticketmaster and yes Jets fans  greed to blame for this.

Before the only real means of getting tickets to games was by scalping in the parking lots. This prevented the scene like we had yesterday where 30,000 Patriot fans invaded Metlife.

Now opposing teams fans are able to get tickets with a few clicks of the mouse , all because Jet fans want to recoup $$$ from the opposition fans  who are wiling to pay a premium for tickets.

Its sad but this has changed forever the gameday experience for the diehard fan base.

Some will argue if they had a better product or had a better team it would change , and I agree it would to some extent, but that just means the casual $$$ minded fan has more of an incentive to sell as there's more profit to be made.  You want safer games eliminate the ability to resell tickets.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I really believe we have Stubhub, Ebay, Ticketmaster and yes Jets fans  greed to blame for this.

Before the only real means of getting tickets to games was by scalping in the parking lots. This prevented the scene like we had yesterday where 30,000 Patriot fans invaded Metlife.

Now opposing teams fans are able to get tickets with a few clicks of the mouse , all because Jet fans want to recoup $$$ from the opposition fans  who are wiling to pay a premium for tickets.

Its sad but this has changed forever the gameday experience for the diehard fan base.

Some will argue if they had a better product or had a better team it would change , and I agree it would to some extent, but that just means the casual $$$ minded fan has more of an incentive to sell as there's more profit to be made.  You want safer games eliminate the ability to resell tickets.

The ticket availability to opposing fans certainly is gas on the fire , but for the most part it's the booze, the the bulk of which is consumed in the parking lot.

Booze certainly adds to the equation, but there's always been booze and tailgating . I remember as a little kid going to games at Shea and seeing the older guys passing around liquor bottles - inside the game. I remember in Giants Stadium bringing  in thermoses of beer. There were a few scattered problems here and there , but not like now , where you have 30,000 opposing fans roaming the parking lots and stadium with a false sense of bravado because of the sheer number of them. 

We've had 3 home games so far and we've been taunted and cursed at in our own parking lot by opposing fans at two of them ( Mia, Ne).  Booze is a issue but Jet fans dumping tickets is the catalyst.

Booze and easier-to-acquire tickets are definitely part of. I believe the main problem is that people just suck. There's always been tailgating, people just take it farther trying to impress friends.

I believe it was Jean Paul Sartre who said, "Hell is other people." He was right.

Many Jets season ticket holders PSL owners are selling out to recoup some of the cost of the PSL fee, hard pressed to blame them but as a former season ticket holder pre-PSL I never once sold out to anyone I gave tickets away to Jets fans. 

A story from the old days. It was a bitter cold game in December at the Meadowlands myself and about 7 others were tailgating we were almost hit with a water balloon, crazy sh*t right who does this stuff at a football game in December no less. So me and buddy took a walk around the parking lot and eventually found the culprits a bunch of 20 something immature kids at a football game drinking from a whiskey bottle playing loud obnoxious rock music I guess they thought they were cool.  So I walk over to the yellow coats (security at the time) and ask them to deal with this issue before other fans and I deal with it.  Security says we just park cars we cant control what tailgaters do or don't do. So we stood back and watch them launch a few more water balloons and then eggs. Needless to say it didnt end well for the water balloon/egg launching jerks. I remember 1 kid took a swipe at me and thats all I remember as we left them with bloody noses laying on the ground moaning on the ground all the fans around them cheered us on. Not that it was right what we did but we tried having the stadium security deal with it and they refused. So we dealt with this bullsh*t on our own. 

Heres what sickens me and I saw it yesterday on a pre-game show a father with a young son in a Tom Brady jersey on the field holding a football.  How does an opposing teams fans get field passes?  Go to NE where you belong doing this. Ive been to a few away games where I cheered my team on but would never ever think of stepping foot on an opposing teams field. No way in hell. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the old days when we sucked in the 90s but the high amount of opposing fans is all due to PSLs.

Yes it is too many unsold seats and way too many fans selling out to re-coup fees.  

DUMP THE PSL's put Jets fans back in the seats. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes it is too many unsold seats and way too many fans selling out to re-coup fees.  

DUMP THE PSL's put Jets fans back in the seats. 

I don't think its even a PSL problem.  Say even at $100 a pop for a decent ticket , fans will choose to sell the premium games (Pats/Bill/Fins/Steelers/Pack) for 2 to 3 times face value. They are more concerned with making money then in rooting for a team. Its what today's society has become.

I think they need to implement a rule that you can only sell seats on the open market once or twice per season.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't think its even a PSL problem.  Say even at $100 a pop for a decent ticket , fans will choose to sell the premium games (Pats/Bill/Fins/Steelers/Pack) for 2 to 3 times face value. They are more concerned with making money then in rooting for a team. Its what today's society has become.

I think they need to implement a rule that you can only sell seats on the open market once or twice per season.

Agree back when I had tickets those who chose to sell tickets were under the rules of that if the person caused any trouble in your seats your season tickets were revoked. 

I can tell you this being in the club seats is a different experience, I told my body yesterday as we were leaving I can't believe we didn't have to deal with no douchey rif raf (and both fan bases can be categorized here not just Pats fans), it was very nice to be able to cheer for the Jets, have a few drinks myself (I am a very pleasant drunk, makes me very personable to others including fans of the other team I actually enjoy fun banter with opposing fans when both sides are cool, and don't take it to far, or personal, and can have fun with it), and not worry about the nonsense that goes on in the upper deck, and other parts of the stadium, and I'm not a typical Club seat fan so I've actually brought an added energy to my section that might not have been there prior to somes delight, and also probably to others dismay.  The guy who has seats next to me brought a Pats fan, and at first he told my buddy he was nervous about me, my buddy started laughing, and told me out loud so he could hear, and I was laughing then, and told him don't worry man were all here to have a good time, enjoy yourself root for your team, keep it cool, and we will have a blast, and he did, and we all had a good time well besides the outcome.  He couldn't believe the reversal either, and called it horse sh*t, but horse sh*t he will take which I don't blame him I'd take it to.

Funny just heard Joe, and Evan play Zolaks response to the call he does the Pats home games on the radio, and is probably the most obnoxious homer announcer in the NFL, and he went absolutely bat sh*t crazy over the call being reversed, now if he is gonna go crazy about it being wrong it might have to go down as one of the worst screw jobs in NFL history next to the Brady tuck rule fumble lol.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Funny just heard Joe, and Evan play Zolaks response to the call he does the Pats home games on the radio, and is probably the most obnoxious homer announcer in the NFL, and he went absolutely bat sh*t crazy over the call being reversed, now if he is gonna go crazy about it being wrong it might have to go down as one of the worst screw jobs in NFL history next to the Brady tuck rule fumble lol.

Butt Fumble, meet the What Fumble: Jets find a stunning new way to lose vs. Patriots

54 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The reason why its not safe to bring youre kid to a Jet's game? You guessed it folks......  #fakefans

12 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

They should implement a rule you can't sell the tickets for less then face value that would keep a lot of the opposing fans out of the building, and in bad years keep all fans from the building, but now a days the blackout rule is non existent, and the product is more focused on TV money not the fans who go to the game, and TBH at the end of the day if the seats are sold, but the fans don't show who bought them the owner may be embarrassed, but he will live considering he still got the $$$$$ for the tickets, also stop charging for preseason as part of the season ticket package, and the Jets would sell A LOT more PSL club seats, that would knock off $500-$1400 per seat in ticket prices depending where your club seat is, that's a big deal, I'd save $1240 a year for my pair, I think this would sell more club PSL's to real Jet fans, increasing the attendance of Jets fans at the game instead of resold tickets to opposing fans, and increase the resale value of the ticket on stubhub for the fans who can't go, and also increase the value of the PSL on the aftermarket for people who for whatever reason need/want to get rid of their PSL's they paid for without taking a complete lose.

Just thinking out loud here with this post, it's an opinion off the top of my head that may, or may not be a good one lol so don't kill me for it.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wait a minute. Because tickets are available for games, that means you have the license to get $hit faced drunk and go act like an imbecile in the stadium?

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

They should implement a rule you can't sell the tickets for less then face value that would keep a lot of the opposing fans out of the building, and in bad years keep all fans from the building, but now a days the blackout rule is non existent, and the product is more focused on TV money not the fans who go to the game, and TBH at the end of the day if the seats are sold, but the fans don't show who bought them the owner may be embarrassed, but he will live considering he still got the $$$$$ for the tickets, also stop charging for preseason as part of the season ticket package, and the Jets would sell A LOT more PSL club seats, that would knock off $500-$1400 per seat in ticket prices depending where your club seat is, that's a big deal, I'd save $1240 a year for my pair, I think this would sell more club PSL's to real Jet fans, increasing the attendance of Jets fans at the game instead of resold tickets to opposing fans, and increase the resale value of the ticket on stubhub for the fans who can't go, and also increase the value of the PSL on the aftermarket for people who for whatever reason need/want to get rid of their PSL's they paid for without taking a complete lose.

Just thinking out loud here with this post, it's an opinion off the top of my head that may, or may not be a good one lol so don't kill me for it.

Free parking and no pre-season would definitely spark my interest in getting back in the game as a season ticket holder.....im just very anti- PSL and cant see putting money in the Jets bank account when id rather it in mine. 

1 minute ago, ASH1962 said:

Wait a minute. Because tickets are available for games, that means you have the license to get $hit faced drunk and go act like an imbecile in the stadium?

Drunks are ruining the atmosphere inside and outside the stadium.  Throughout my years as a season ticket holder I've seen the good the bad and the ugly. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Free parking and no pre-season would definitely spark my interest in getting back in the game as a season ticket holder.....im just very anti- PSL and cant see putting money in the Jets bank account when id rather it in mine. 

It's a rip off.   You want fans to pay full price for pre season games where people you never even heard of are playing, and in 4 weeks they'll never be heard from again?  No thanks.   You want me to pay thousands of dollars just for the rights to buy those pre season games?   Again, no thanks.

Then, your team sucks?   Fans are going to re coup some of their money, and they'll sell on Stub Hub to whoever is buying.

I agree there are contributing factors leading towards fan violence however the security presence is limited at best and when they do arrive the are mostly folks that are not prepared or equipped to deal with a few big guys under the influence -the incident in question took about 10 minutes for security to arrive-if fans and cooler heads (by the jet fans) did not control the situation it would have been bad really bad-they have no problem having tons folks walking around selling food they should pay en equal amount of attention to fan safety

18 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Didn't say that . Said that because there are so many JET fans selling tickets , there are thousands of opposing fans starting crap at the games. 

I actually had a girl who sat in front of me give me the finger yesterday. I didn't engage her before that. Wasn't talking to or taunting her. I was rooting for the Jets. She was drunk and being a baby when the Patriots were losing.

She turned around and gave me the finger. I yelled at her then, told her she was really classy. He Dad (I think it was her Dad) questioned her. And on further review, after a few denials she did admit that she did give the finger. But they clarified and said that "she didn't mean it at you".

Made me feel much better knowing that the middle finger she sent my way was sent in error. I was glad to get that error cleared up LOL.

My son who is now 22 pretty much lost if on two 20 year old Pats fans walking out. They were chanting Brady Brady Brady. He lost it on them and said Shut the F up.  They looked at him and immediately stopped talking.

So as a family we were budget neutral on the F word\finger. And that is really where you want to be every day. If you find yourself + or - 4 that isn't healthy haha.

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I actually had a girl who sat in front of me give me the finger yesterday. I didn't engage her before that. Wasn't talking to or taunting her. I was rooting for the Jets. She was drunk and being a baby when the Patriots were losing.

She turned around and gave me the finger. I yelled at her then, told her she was really classy. He Dad (I think it was her Dad) questioned her. And on further review, after a few denials she did admit that she did give the finger. But they clarified and said that "she didn't mean it at you".

Made me feel much better knowing that the middle finger she sent my way was sent in error. I was glad to get that error cleared up LOL.

My son who is now 22 pretty much lost if on two 20 year old Pats fans walking out. They were chanting Brady Brady Brady. He lost it on them and said Shut the F up.  They looked at him and immediately stopped talking.

So as a family we were budget neutral on the F word\finger. And that is really where you want to be every day. If you find yourself + or - 4 that isn't healthy haha.

Nice to see Shane keeping you safe. Let him deal with the twenty something males and you the20 something girls. A combination that works.

Archived