stadium security or lack there of

kmnj

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It’s definitely the fault of StubHub, social media, rap music, and booze. My pops and his friends tell me stories about the Shea days all the time and things were definitely classier and calmer then. 

Don't forget violent video games and movies. 

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I actually had a girl who sat in front of me give me the finger yesterday. I didn't engage her before that. Wasn't talking to or taunting her. I was rooting for the Jets. She was drunk and being a baby when the Patriots were losing.

She turned around and gave me the finger. I yelled at her then, told her she was really classy. He Dad (I think it was her Dad) questioned her. And on further review, after a few denials she did admit that she did give the finger. But they clarified and said that "she didn't mean it at you".

Made me feel much better knowing that the middle finger she sent my way was sent in error. I was glad to get that error cleared up LOL.

My son who is now 22 pretty much lost if on two 20 year old Pats fans walking out. They were chanting Brady Brady Brady. He lost it on them and said Shut the F up.  They looked at him and immediately stopped talking.

So as a family we were budget neutral on the F word\finger. And that is really where you want to be every day. If you find yourself + or - 4 that isn't healthy haha.

I actually had a nice Pats fan apologize and agree with us after the review. But she was from LA so maybe doesn't count?

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

I have been going for decades to jets-own psls and have invested if you want to call it that huge amounts of money over the  years and am always extremely disappointed by the lack of proper security at the games. It is definitely not a family friendly place to watch a game and I dont have kids but if I did , I would not let them attend any games where there would be rival fans present in large numbers. There was an incident near my seats where people were calling for security to stop a situation from becoming dangerous -yes you guessed in fight between jets and pats fans and it took security a long long time to arrive and when the first person showed up on the scene he was not a guy that would be able to handle anything-if not for the presence of some fans to intervene somebody would have been hurt very badly or worse.  If stadiums are going to provide tons of boos to fans they need to at least take the proper measures to prevent the ever growing fan violence that is going on. Each year the jets send me a survey and I always point to the terrible security and the terrible parking situation that exists and both could be easily fixed.

I think it is technically possible to keep opposing fans out of our stadium for the most part.  I know for a fact this has been done in the NHL in Nashville and Tampa recently.  Cant keep 100% out but there is the ability to block purchases if the Jets so choose as Nashville and Tampa did for the playoffs.

Its funny. I had season tix at Shea and the Meadowlands right up until the PSL crap started. I got into my share of brawls as my Meadowlands tix were right next to the visiting fans section. Always had a few rowdy guys to deal with but normally it was just confined to that section. Any opposing fan would not dare screw around too much in the parking lot though. It was rowdy there and I remember porta pottys getting shoved over with people inside before they put up those wooden fences to prevent it. Much has changed though with stub hub and the ease in which tickets have become available.

I have been to many Lions games at Ford Field and have seen people tailgating but not too much violence. Maybe its because its in the middle of Detroit and all the parking lots are individually owned. I pay 40 bucks to park indoors and I am steps away from the Stadium entrance. Believe it or not the only times I have had any trouble is when they play the Jets. I always wear my Joe Klecko Jersey when I go to any NFL game and usually only have a comment from 1 or 2 people but when they play each other is the only time I have almost come to blows. Lions fans are kinda kindred though as that team invents worse ways to lose then the Jets do.

12 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I think it is technically possible to keep opposing fans out of our stadium for the most part.  I know for a fact this has been done in the NHL in Nashville and Tampa recently.  Cant keep 100% out but there is the ability to block purchases if the Jets so choose as Nashville and Tampa did for the playoffs.

There's a much better way.  Put a good team on the field

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Heres what sickens me and I saw it yesterday on a pre-game show a father with a young son in a Tom Brady jersey on the field holding a football.  How does an opposing teams fans get field passes?  Go to NE where you belong doing this. Ive been to a few away games where I cheered my team on but would never ever think of stepping foot on an opposing teams field. No way in hell. 

Have a family member who has an affiliation with the Jints. At one time he offered me primo tickets to a regular season Jets/Giants game and Mara-hosted tailgate in which the Giants were the home team. But I was expressly told 1. do not wear any Jets stuff nor green clothing and 2. do not openly root for the jets. Did not go. When the jets got desperate to sell tickets that sensible type of not subtle self-regulation went out the window. They will sell to anyone. 

Metlife security, best I cant ell, is all about directing you not to use use escalators and ramps. Seeing the crowd enter quickly or seeing that fans are safe during the game or exiting quickly and safely, doesn't seem to be in their job description. 

There were a lot less opposing teams fans pre-PSL and thats a fact.  Having had been there every week for numerous years opposing teams fans were primarily in one section and you rarely ever saw one mixed in with the diehard longtime season ticket holders. PSL's fixed all that and more and ironically there are still Jets fans who insist the PSL's fixed everything. I vehemently disagree. 

6 hours ago, kmnj said:

I have been going for decades to jets-own psls and have invested if you want to call it that huge amounts of money over the  years and am always extremely disappointed by the lack of proper security at the games. It is definitely not a family friendly place to watch a game and I dont have kids but if I did , I would not let them attend any games where there would be rival fans present in large numbers. There was an incident near my seats where people were calling for security to stop a situation from becoming dangerous -yes you guessed in fight between jets and pats fans and it took security a long long time to arrive and when the first person showed up on the scene he was not a guy that would be able to handle anything-if not for the presence of some fans to intervene somebody would have been hurt very badly or worse.  If stadiums are going to provide tons of boos to fans they need to at least take the proper measures to prevent the ever growing fan violence that is going on. Each year the jets send me a survey and I always point to the terrible security and the terrible parking situation that exists and both could be easily fixed.

Disgraceful situation and team should be liable for any damages to fans.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Heres what sickens me and I saw it yesterday on a pre-game show a father with a young son in a Tom Brady jersey on the field holding a football.  How does an opposing teams fans get field passes?  Go to NE where you belong doing this. Ive been to a few away games where I cheered my team on but would never ever think of stepping foot on an opposing teams field. No way in hell. 

I was on the field before the game as well (used rewards points) and saw several fans wearing Pats gear. The confirmation email that came with the invitation said "All pre game on field guests should be prepared to root for the home team in Jets gear".  Also says "... items for the purpose of autographing are prohibited".

obviously this wasn't enforced. 

13 minutes ago, Billyg said:

I was on the field before the game as well (used rewards points) and saw several fans wearing Pats gear. The confirmation email that came with the invitation said "All pre game on field guests should be prepared to root for the home team in Jets gear".  Also says "... items for the purpose of autographing are prohibited".

obviously this wasn't enforced. 

As a season ticket holder you and others should complain if I were there and saw this I would say something to the opposing teams fans like you have a lot of nerve or you should be ashamed of yourselves this is a the Jets home stadium.  People who do that really suck in my book and worse is the Jets season ticket holders who sellout to opposing teams fans.

I'll tell you this... before the new stadium, my lower level seats were inexpensive.  From 1984 - 2007 the price ranged from $25/seat to $75/seat.  Then came MetLife with PSL costs PLUS expensive gameday pricing.

For anyone to expect it to be still like the "good ole days", you are delusional.  There is a lot of money on the line now being a season ticket holder.  It's incumbent upon the franchise to field a good team to keep the fans coming and not trying to recoup some of their losses. 

Please folks... just end the comparisons to the 70's, 80's and 90's.  The price point was different.  If you didn't want to go to a game or couldn't due to work or an event, it didn't matter much to GIVE your tickets away to other Jets fans or to just not go.  Now, however, there is a need to recoup the extreme cost of being a season ticket holder.  

I was at the Miami and Jacksonville games but had to work yesterday afternoon.  Asked all my Jets fan friends if they wanted to go to the game for well below face throughout September.  No takers because the team is such sh!t.  So I sold them on stub hub.  Got $309 per ticket and that's after the 10% stub hub fee was deducted.  No doubt it was a trio of Pats fans spending that kind of cash.  I tried to get my tix to Jets fans, but to no avail.  If the team were any good, those seats would have been filled with green not blue.  Oh well.  Put a better team on the field and home fans will be willing to spend.  The blame for this rests squarely on the New York Jets.  Not the NY Jets season ticket holders as so many of you like to blame. 

33 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll tell you this... before the new stadium, my lower level seats were inexpensive.  From 1984 - 2007 the price ranged from $25/seat to $75/seat.  Then came MetLife with PSL costs PLUS expensive gameday pricing.

For anyone to expect it to be still like the "good ole days", you are delusional.  There is a lot of money on the line now being a season ticket holder.  It's incumbent upon the franchise to field a good team to keep the fans coming and not trying to recoup some of their losses. 

Please folks... just end the comparisons to the 70's, 80's and 90's.  The price point was different.  If you didn't want to go to a game or couldn't due to work or an event, it didn't matter much to GIVE your tickets away to other Jets fans or to just not go.  Now, however, there is a need to recoup the extreme cost of being a season ticket holder.  

I was at the Miami and Jacksonville games but had to work yesterday afternoon.  Asked all my Jets fan friends if they wanted to go to the game for well below face throughout September.  No takers because the team is such sh!t.  So I sold them on stub hub.  Got $309 per ticket and that's after the 10% stub hub fee was deducted.  No doubt it was a trio of Pats fans spending that kind of cash.  I tried to get my tix to Jets fans, but to no avail.  If the team were any good, those seats would have been filled with green not blue.  Oh well.  Put a better team on the field and home fans will be willing to spend.  The blame for this rests squarely on the New York Jets.  Not the NY Jets season ticket holders as so many of you like to blame. 

I'll get killed for this but my feeling is If you can afford to purchase PSL's then you can afford to eat a game's worth of tickets or simply donate them to charity for a write off if the $$$ are the be all and end all. Its this attitude that fills the stadium with opposing fans. And no putting a better team on the field would not make a difference because its all about the Benjamins. If the game was a hot commodity your Jet fan friends would be outbid by opposing fans by a large margin.

I have two little girls who root for "Daddy's Jets" and I have contemplated taking them to a game just for the experience but honesly I'm not sure I will anytime soon. My fear of some altercation happening or some belligerent cursing fan or foe nearby just isn't worth it.  Maybe one day I'll get a suite.  A dollar and a dream.

5 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I have two little girls who root for "Daddy's Jets" and I have contemplated taking them to a game just for the experience but honesly I'm not sure I will anytime soon. My fear of some altercation happening or some belligerent cursing fan or foe nearby just isn't worth it.  Maybe one day I'll get a suite.  A dollar and a dream.

Agree with you as a parent. I took my now 25 yr old son to his first game when he was 4 I wouldn't dare do it today. Way too many opposing teams fans where back then I knew the people sitting next to me like an extended family, we tailgated together and kept in touch off season. Anyone who says PSL's have created the perfect atmosphere is a liar and never experienced what it was like pre-PSL. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Agree with you as a parent. I took my now 25 yr old son to his first game when he was 4 I wouldn't dare do it today. Way too many opposing teams fans where back then I knew the people sitting next to me like an extended family, we tailgated together and kept in touch off season. Anyone who says PSL's have created the perfect atmosphere is a liar and never experienced what it was like pre-PSL. 

That has changed dramatically. Back then we knew everyone in our row and behind/in front of us by name. Now we're lucky if we see 10-15 people in our section that are regulars.

I don't blame the PSL owners for investing tens of thousands of dollars in their team and technology has made it so much easier to travel to sporting events in the last 20 years that the new and old stadium experience cannot be compared

For example, I would never blindly drive to another city to try to scalp tickets and find my way to the game but I have and will easily buy tickets online and book my hotel using google earth to map my walk or drive to the stadium, maybe even book a ride share

At the end of the day the NFL and your team could fix all of these "issues" in three easy steps;

1. Put a better product on the field - For example, if the Jets were really in contention for a playoff spot or Watson was starting for the Jets it would have been +90/10 Jets fans - look back at past games - mostly the same PSL owners - 10-15 year loan for those puppies
  2. Create a family section with no booze and good security - baseball does this and it works well (most mammals protect their young)
  3. Create an opposing fan section - this one is more difficult but you will always have road warriors and there are some of us that have no desire to fight with the home team, just want to enjoy the game - NCAA does this and it works most days

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'll get killed for this but my feeling is If you can afford to purchase PSL's then you can afford to eat a game's worth of tickets or simply donate them to charity for a write off if the $$$ are the be all and end all. Its this attitude that fills the stadium with opposing fans. And no putting a better team on the field would not make a difference because its all about the Benjamins. If the game was a hot commodity your Jet fan friends would be outbid by opposing fans by a large margin.

LOL!!!!! You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.  And I do donate my preseason tix to United Way.  But for you to contend that I should eat my tickets because other Jets fans don't want them because they are too costly or that they are angry about the horrible team that Mac has given us is utterly absurd.  You know what... next time I can't go, you can buy them from me since you have so much to say on this topic.  I'm working on 10/29 and can't go to the Atlanta game.  My 3 tickets will cost you $510.  That's face value.  Do you want to pay me by paypal or send me a check?    If you can't make it refer your friends or acquaintances.  Let's see how many want to pony up to see "their" team.  

Thought so.  

You are living in a dream world.  Time to face reality.  At the very least, get some sense of reality and logic into your posts. 

17 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I don't blame the PSL owners for investing tens of thousands of dollars in their team and technology has made it so much easier to travel to sporting events in the last 20 years that the new and old stadium experience cannot be compared

For example, I would never blindly drive to another city to try to scalp tickets and find my way to the game but I have and will easily buy tickets online and book my hotel using google earth to map my walk or drive to the stadium, maybe even book a ride share

At the end of the day the NFL and your team could fix all of this "issues" in three easy steps;

1. Put a better product on the field - For example, if the Jets were really in contention for a playoff spot or Watson was starting for the Jets it would have been +90/10 Jets fans - look back at past games - mostly the same PSL owners - 10-15 year loan for those puppies
  2. Create a family section with no booze and good security - baseball does this and it works well (most mammals protect their young)
  3. Create an opposing fan section - this one is more difficult but you will always have road warriors and there are some of us that have no desire to fight with the home team, just want to enjoy the game - NCAA does this and it works most days

Now *these* are smart ideas. Good post.  Maybe some of the ridiculous posters in this thread can learn something.

13 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

At the end of the day the NFL and your team could fix all of this "issues" in three easy steps;

Most NHL teams when they sell on line have designated visiting fans sections sold through the opponent's website. Vegas Knights presold all their games to IP addresses only in Nevada and western states(but good to have a pal in Nevada despite the Rangers looking terrible.) before selling to the general public. When you go to MSG, there is usually one corner that is all visiting fans. Vaguely recall in the olden times pre internet getting tickets in the old Foxboro through the Jets ticket office. Problem is the Jets do not really sell out to season ticket holders any more and the Jets cannot control resales. There is no way to tell a purchaser they have to root for the home team(or in my experience, unless the owner of the home team asks!), nor any way to stop anyone from reselling to anyone who will pay.

Because...money.

Will beat this dead horse; if Deshaun Watson was lighting it up instead of watching Adams getting burned by Gronk all day, would be a very hot ticket for Jets fans. That was a bad football decision and perhaps a worse marketing decision. 

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL!!!!! You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried.  And I do donate my preseason tix to United Way.  But for you to contend that I should eat my tickets because other Jets fans don't want them because they are too costly or that they are angry about the horrible team that Mac has given us is utterly absurd.  You know what... next time I can't go, you can buy them from me since you have so much to say on this topic.  I'm working on 10/29 and can't go to the Atlanta game.  My 3 tickets will cost you $510.  That's face value.  Do you want to pay me by paypal or send me a check?    If you can't make it refer your friends or acquaintances.  Let's see how many want to pony up to see "their" team.  

Thought so.  

You are living in a dream world.  Time to face reality.  At the very least, get some sense of reality and logic into your posts. 

SAR I taught you well. :D

SAR I taught you well. :D

not really.  Can you blame me?  Here I have a brother jets fan telling me to eat $510 because I can't go to a game.  If he cares so much, he can buy the tickets or send all his thousands of Jets fans friends to me to buy them.  Until then he needs to STFU and mind his own wallet.  

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Most NHL teams when they sell on line have designated visiting fans sections sold through the opponent's website. Vegas Knights presold all their games to IP addresses only in Nevada and western states(but good to have a pal in Nevada despite the Rangers looking terrible.) before selling to the general public. When you go to MSG, there is usually one corner that is all visiting fans. Vaguely recall in the olden times pre internet getting tickets in the old Foxboro through the Jets ticket office. Problem is the Jets do not really sell out to season ticket holders any more and the Jets cannot control resales. There is no way to tell a purchaser they have to root for the home team(or in my experience, unless the owner of the home team asks!), nor any way to stop anyone from reselling to anyone who will pay.

Because...money.

Will beat this dead horse; if Deshaun Watson was lighting it up instead of watching Adams getting burned by Gronk all day, would be a very hot ticket for Jets fans. That was a bad football decision and perhaps a worse marketing decision. 

Good info on the NHL - interesting use of IP geocodes in ticket sales - great idea 

and swing away since it's far from a dead horse as long as Mac is GM with some of the Key, Fitzpatrick, James, Barley draft talk in the 2018 draft

21 minutes ago, Dcat said:

not really.  Can you blame me?  Here I have a brother jets fan telling me to eat $510 because I can't go to a game.  If he cares so much, he can buy the tickets or send all his thousands of Jets fans friends to me to buy them.  Until then he needs to STFU and mind his own wallet.  

I understand in my season ticket run I ate many tickets, today its a huge chunk of change to not get something for them.  As a former season ticket holder who returns to the stadium quite often its very sad to see all these opposing teams fans that were never in the stadium back pre-PSL. 

I understand in my season ticket run I ate many tickets, today its a huge chunk of change to not get something for them.  As a former season ticket holder who returns to the stadium quite often its very sad to see all these opposing teams fans that were never in the stadium back pre-PSL. 

I ate the tickets many times when they were $25, later $50 - $75.  But I ain't doing that anymore with $170+ game day prices.  If people have a problem with it, they are welcome to buy them from me before they go up on stub hub.  I always ask for less than face from a Jets fan. Way under face most of the time.  But Jets fans don't buy tickets to see "their" team when it is this bad.  

So... anyone want 3 tickets to Atlanta Falcons on the 32 yard line?  Make me an offer before they go on stubhub, where they are now listed.  I'll pull them off stubhub immediately if I get a reasonable offer.  I'd rather they go to a Jets fan.  I have a big job that day and can't go.  And my non season ticket holder Jets fans friends don't want to spend or even go.  I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 40 years and let me tell you... Jets fans are the cheapest, most cynical,  miserable curmudgeons on planet Earth.  SAR is correct about that.

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I really believe we have Stubhub, Ebay, Ticketmaster and yes Jets fans  greed to blame for this.

Before the only real means of getting tickets to games was by scalping in the parking lots. This prevented the scene like we had yesterday where 30,000 Patriot fans invaded Metlife.

Now opposing teams fans are able to get tickets with a few clicks of the mouse , all because Jet fans want to recoup $$$ from the opposition fans  who are wiling to pay a premium for tickets.

Its sad but this has changed forever the gameday experience for the diehard fan base.

Some will argue if they had a better product or had a better team it would change , and I agree it would to some extent, but that just means the casual $$$ minded fan has more of an incentive to sell as there's more profit to be made.  You want safer games eliminate the ability to resell tickets.

it's all pretty simple.  patsie fans should be charged at least double for their seats.  they s^^k.  and if a couple get the business for being their typical gloating selves, so what.  i went to a atsie jet game up in shaeffer about 20 years ago. i sat in the home end zone seats and was fairly afraid for my well being.  let's just say i did not advertise my allegiance to the jets.

46 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Thought so.  

Or should I buy them and sell them to the first Falcon fan who offers me more than face , you know what good fans do .

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Or should I buy them and sell them to the first Falcon fan who offers me more than face , you know what good fans do .

seriously, do you have any friends who wants them?  I'd like them to go to a Jets fan.  They are $170 face.  Send me their offers.

Otherwise they go on stubhub to someone who might not be a Jets fan.  End of story.  No complaining.  

Archived