Jalin Marshall Added to Practice Squad

JetNation

IMG_1915.jpg

Just a couple of days after waiving wide receiver Jalin Marshall to make room for an extra cornerback in Xavier Coleman, the Jets have added Marshall to their practice squad.

The move comes as no surprise as Marshall has been a favorite of head coach Todd Bowles ever since coming on board last season as an undrafted free agent.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
oD3wpk0xtII

Click here to read the full story...

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Looks like he's had his chance now, he's close to being done. To many guys I front of him. I don't think Marshall or Peake are on this team next year.

I think Marshall has a better shot than Peake.

If neither one makes it, hardly a huge deal that a 7th and an UDFA didn’t stick.

I was rather strongly opposed to Marshall coming back to the active roster, but I actually think PS makes total sense for the kind of guy that Marshall is.  He has good physical tools with potential upside, but what he's shown on the field has been maddeningly inconsistent and sloppy play, that there's no reason to trust him on the field at this point.  If there's any place that you give those kind of guys, it's on a practice squad.  If he doesn't show serious improvement there, it's of little effort to let him go and give someone else their chance to impress you with his spot.  If he starts to turn it around, then he can get his chance again come next year's offseason/camp.

15 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

a far cry from the 2014 National Championship team, Devin Smith and Jalin Marshall were great for the Buckeyes, the potential was there just goes to show how fine the line is between success and failure in the NFL - long shot now but I hope they can both turn it around

Vernon Gholston says hello 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Vernon Gholston says hello 

Nice, and he did not win a National Championship in college or get a sack in the NFL but he did have 21.5 sacks for the Buckeyes and benched 225 37 times at the combine to earn 21 million for 16 tackles for the Jets, don't think he heart was ever in it, took the money and ran, definition of draft bust

some wait for their second contract to mail it in - Mo say hello

Archived