Adams call vs. Gronk

AFJF

1 minute ago, Larz said:

If you've ever actually played sports, you know the correct call there is no call either way. 

In their greed for ever increasing revenue the NFL has changed and twisted almost every rule to benefit the offense. That greed may very well come back to bite them in the ass. More fans than ever are walking away and its gonna be awful hard to swing momentum back the other way.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799656/article/2015-nfl-draft-doover-david-johnson-goes-before-todd-gurley

5) Redskins: Landon Collins, S, Alabama

Original pick: Brandon Scherff, G, Iowa.

Collins was drafted: Round 2, No. 33 overall by the Giants.

Big jump up the board from second round to fifth overall pick, but Collins has been the truth and Washington needed a safety.

Wow, I guess somebody is taking him at 6, but it sure isn't me.  Certainly not taking a safety that high without top flight explosives.  I doubt the would Redskins either.  I am betting they are just as happy with a pro bowl RG that they tried at LT and Swearinger at his price than a S @#5.  That is a pretty need based exercise, but I am not complaining about Collins - or Adams for that matter.  IMO if it is remotely close, a smart GM is happier swinging for the fences with a edge like Beasley or a Scherff for LT than taking a safety.  

On 10/17/2017 at 11:50 AM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Don't even say Eric Berry's name in a Jamal Adams thread. Berry was a two-time unanimous all-american that could jump over a building. That's why he's an all-pro who beat cancer. Adams was That Guy this year for reasons that were honestly never real clear to me. That's why he doesn't even look like he belongs on an NFL field sometimes, along with an alarming number of other players drafted by this idiot who apparently lied about having scouting experience to get the gig.

Adams had a similar college career as Berry and they both ended up high first round picks as safety. The question isn't whether Adams is legit or not. He is. The question is why does this team draft defenders when the biggest problem every year is scoring points?

On 10/17/2017 at 8:31 AM, nyjunc said:

it's not about being happy, no one is happy but we had a game stolen from us and kept fighting.  that is a positive, this is a young team that was expected to win 1-2 games at most.  I feel bad for people who cannot find positives and just harp on the negative.

The people saying 1 or 2 games were the dunderheaded dreamers. Jets have been 6-10 from the start. They remain a 6-10 team.

17 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The people saying 1 or 2 games were the dunderheaded dreamers. Jets have been 6-10 from the start. They remain a 6-10 team.

there were comments from NFL people that this was the worst roster assembled in the last decade, whether you think it was realistic or not the majority of people involved in football thought we were tanking it and would be lucky to win a game or 2.  Not only have we won but we've been competitive in every game outside of the 2nd half at Oakland.

Archived