Jets' acting owner says 3-3 start is 'a grrreeat thing'

Gas2No99

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Unlike his brother Eli, Peyton withered in big games. One of the greatest regular season QBs of our time but a post season choker. Eli very pedestrian in regular season, if not lack luster during the regular season. But DAMN, put that goofy bastard into the Superbowl and he brings home the Lombardi.." every single damn time!" Truly amazing. 

In SBs he led his offense to 17 and 19 points.  I do agree he didn't melt like his brother in big spots but Eli has only won playoff games in 2 postseasons and he has never won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 points.

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't give a good flying **** about your analysis.  I will ask you two questions.  Answer them and don't extrapolate or add any of your bullsh*t eye test.

Who took every post-season snap for the Broncos after the 2015 season? 

Did the Broncos win the Super Bowl after the 2015 season? 

I rest my ******* case. 

who cares?  he did nothing during that run and in 2006 outside of one great half he did nothing during that run either.  His defense carried him kicking and screaming to that SB.  it was most likely the worst performance by a SB winning QB in a SB game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

In SBs he led his offense to 17 and 19 points.  I do agree he didn't melt like his brother in big spots but Eli has only won playoff games in 2 postseasons and he has never won a playoff game where his D allowed more than 20 points.

who cares?  he did nothing during that run and in 2006 outside of one great half he did nothing during that run either.  His defense carried him kicking and screaming to that SB.  it was most likely the worst performance by a SB winning QB in a SB game.

The Colts went 12-4 in 2006 with Peyton throwing 31 TD's to 9 Interceptions. He did something.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

How long has it been since we have had a QB good enough for us to win the super bowl in spite of?  We came close in 2009 and 2010.  Since then?  The 2000 Ravens D would have had trouble dragging these guys to the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

2 for 2!!!

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Colts went 12-4 in 2006 with Peyton throwing 31 TD's to 9 Interceptions. He did something.

yes, unlike 2015 when he did nothing all year he did have a typically great reg season in 2006 but in the playoffs? he had the great 2nd half(his poor play helped lead to that big deficit) in the title game but outside of that?  In the other 3 games he led O to 20 points per game which ins't terrible BUT the D/STs created TWELVE TOs in those 3 games and in all 4 postseason games the D allowed just 12.8 PPG

Just now, nyjunc said:

yes, unlike 2015 when he did nothing all year he did have a typically great reg season in 2006 but in the playoffs? he had the great 2nd half(his poor play helped lead to that big deficit) in the title game but outside of that?  In the other 3 games he led O to 20 points per game which ins't terrible BUT the D/STs created TWELVE TOs in those 3 games and in all 4 postseason games the D allowed just 12.8 PPG

So what? It's a team sport. He's not Brady, no one is. If anyone deserved to be carried by their defense for a year it was Peyton considering how many times the opposite was the case.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

How long has it been since we have had a QB good enough for us to win the super bowl in spite of?  We came close in 2009 and 2010.  Since then?  The 2000 Ravens D would have had trouble dragging these guys to the playoffs. 

so you want a QB that's just good enough to be carried?  Jet fans hated Mark Sanchez and he contributed a lot more to the 2009 and 2010 runs than peyton did his 2015 run.

I'll take a SB any way I can get it, unfortunately the last time we had a D like the 2015 Broncos was 1968 when they led us to our only SB.

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

2 for 2!!!

yes he is, leading O to 17 and 19 pts as his D shut down 2 of the greatest offenses of all time.

Just now, Matt39 said:

So what? It's a team sport. He's not Brady, no one is. If anyone deserved to be carried by their defense for a year it was Peyton considering how many times the opposite was the case.

actually in most postseasons it was peyton who sent Indy packing. he carried nothing, he played on loaded teams from day 1 until his final day and should have won 3-4 SBs at least.  if not for his Ds carrying him on those 2 runs he'd have none.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

actually in most postseasons it was peyton who sent Indy packing. he carried nothing, he played on loaded teams from day 1 until his final day and should have won 3-4 SBs at least.  if not for his Ds carrying him on those 2 runs he'd have none.

the 16 games prior to the postseason count

Just now, Matt39 said:

the 16 games prior to the postseason count

they sure do and he was great helping them get to the playoffs but the games after the first 16 are more meaningful and he turned into a different player.  Playing more than half his games in domes the majority of his career in a weak division surely didn't hurt him either.

Just now, nyjunc said:

they sure do and he was great helping them get to the playoffs but the games after the first 16 are more meaningful and he turned into a different player.  Playing more than half his games in domes the majority of his career in a weak division surely didn't hurt him either.

Peyton is second all time in postseason passing yards and 4th in postseason touchdowns. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Peyton is second all time in postseason passing yards and 4th in postseason touchdowns. 

that's pretty good considering he is 2nd all time in postseason games started and postseason pass attempts. 

This reminds of the people that tell me Eli is a HOFer b/c he's top 10 in yds, TDs, etc...  he threw a hell of a lot to compile those #s and that is what Peyton did. he had a few great #s games in blowouts but he came up short far too often.  there's a reason w/ those stacked teams that he holds the record for most one and dones and was under .500 until his D carried him to that SB in Denver.

If there is a dumber poster in the western world than nyjunc when i comes to Qbs and coaches and their worth I'd like to meet him.

Constantly spews a metric to down grade one player or coach and when pointed out that he uses the EXACT same metric to praise his favs he'll flop something else.

QB A:  this guy sucks as he has only ever won playoffs games in two seasons!  (Both years the team won the super bowl)

BB B:  This guy is great!  He took us to two AFC tiles games in back to back years!

People don;t take issue with illogical thoughts as to who you like or not they take issue with the 100% lack of logic when making these claims and constantly using the same metric to blast guys you don't like and using the same metric to praise your favs.  Your arguments make no sense at all.  none.

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If there is a dumber poster in the western world than nyjunc when i comes to Qbs and coaches and their worth I'd like to meet him.

Constantly spews a metric to down grade one player or coach and when pointed out that he uses the EXACT same metric to praise his favs he'll flop something else.

QB A:  this guy sucks as he has only ever won playoffs games in two seasons!  (Both years the team won the super bowl)

BB B:  This guy is great!  He took us to two AFC tiles games in back to back years!

People don;t take issue with illogical thoughts as to who you like or not they take issue with the 100% lack of logic when making these claims and constantly using the same metric to blast guys you don't like and using the same metric to praise your favs.  Your arguments make no sense at all.  none.

are you 12 years old?  I would expect adults to be able to differentiate what I am discussing.  When I talk up Sanchez I am not saying he is great, when I bash Peyton I am not saying he sucks.  any reasonably intelligent adult should be able to get this.  Eli is Mark Sanchez w/ a an organization behind him, Eli is a decent starter in this league but foolish posters whop think he took the Giants to 2 SBs and they won b/c of him will tell me he should be in the HOF.  Those same foolish posters will bash mark Sanchez for almost doing the same thing except his D and STs weren't as good.

It's not my fault I understand the position better than you.

what a pathetic argument, I feel bad for you.

Archived