Darron Lee is 23

Maxman

From @NYJEts

Darron Lee just turned 23.

The doubters have made him the man he is today.

I think they are just being negative here for no reason. Darron Lee has many people who believe in him. Each week the running back and tight end from the other team rave about him.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is getting better. And could be what the Jets wanted him to be when they selected him. Making plays, can tackle, and fast enough to cover skill position players. They drafted him for his speed and overall ability as a football player. He's improved. 

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

From @NYJEts

Darron Lee just turned 23.

The doubters have made him the man he is today.

I think they are just being negative here for no reason. Darron Lee has many people who believe in him. Each week the running back and tight end from the other team rave about him.

Just 23? So there's hope he will grow another few inches and elevate from smurfdom. 

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He is getting better. And could be what the Jets wanted him to be when they selected him. Making plays, can tackle, and fast enough to cover skill position players. They drafted him for his speed and overall ability as a football player. He's improved. 

Improved? Yes but barely. He's just to small to play inside. It's a joke they stick him thrte. He's constantly getting run over. It's like he's trying to get in a train car in grand central in rush hour as the passengers depart. And he's just to short to be covering these giant TE's nowadays. He has no chance other than to jump up on their backs.  Improved? A bit but nowhere nearly warrants being taken with our 1st pick.  

He made a very nice play on the strip fumble last game, unfortunately for every big play like that there are a half dozen terrible plays.  He cannot play head on without getting blowup even by TEs and rbs.  He can't cover at all, and no being close to making a play 5 times a game puts him in Kyle wilson territory.  He is not a a rush end, can't set the edge or rush the passer.  He also seems to b a bit of a nutjob from some of the off season stuff. 

In any case I am fully confident that Todd bowles will put him in great position to succeed with the abilities he does have......not!

Can college players improve in the NFL? Of course. Mo isn't helping him out getting pushed 3 yards off the ball. Watch Seattle play & see how how their Dlineman hold the point of attack to keep Olineman off of their LBs. Our LBs are weak as it is, Jenkins needs to step up to & the Browns, yes, the 1-15 Browns traded us our other starting LB for Pryor,lol. I mean seriously take one moment & think about that. TEAM GAME. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Can college players improve in the NFL? Of course. Mo isn't helping him out getting pushed 3 yards off the ball. Watch Seattle play & see how how their Dlineman hold the point of attack to keep Olineman off of their LBs. Our LBs are weak as it is, Jenkins needs to step up to & the Browns, yes, the 1-15 Browns traded us our other starting LB for Pryor,lol. I mean seriously take one moment & think about that. TEAM GAME. 

This definitely plays a factor.  The Jets have one of if not the worst front 7’s in the league so it’s not like he gets the opportunity other LBers do but that said he has the worst instincts I’ve ever seen in a Football player.  If he has to think about a play for a split second, he’s lost.

So, I watched about 20 seconds of this video.  What exactly are we feeling sorry for him about?  Because some people said he couldn’t do it?  Lmfao

He played for OSU and was overdrafted in the 1st round and I should admire his ability to overcome “adversity”?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

So, I watched about 20 seconds of this video.  What exactly are we feeling sorry for him about?  Because some people said he couldn’t do it?  Lmfao

He played for OSU and was overdrafted in the 1st round and I should admire his ability to overcome “adversity”?

He's very athletic, but still to small for ILB in a 3-4. He will shoot the occasional gap, but most of the time will get man handled.

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's very athletic, but still to small for ILB in a 3-4. He will shoot the occasional gap, but most of the time will get man handled.

He’s not a good Football player.  He’s just an elite athlete.  Terrible instincts.  He’s like the total opposite of Jamall Adams.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Should we change the team to accommodate him?  A guy drafted specifically to fit the system.

No we should draft guys that will fit the system. Or we should change the D to suit the personal we've drafted? 

Guy was 4-3 OLB that's what he is, he isn't a 3-4 ILB.

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Should we change the team to accommodate him?  A guy drafted specifically to fit the system.

I love to see people say that Bowles don't put players in position to succeed and you might be one of them. Explain me why we shouldn't change the defense to a 4-3. 

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who are you blaming?  Certainly not me. ;)

No I wanted you to clarify what you mean?  Guilhermezmc point is valid, he is a 4-3 OLB. So if the personal fit a 4-3, more than 3-4 then change it. At Least when you have a 4 man front play him at OLB.

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I love to see people say that Bowles don't put players in position to succeed and you might be one of them. Explain me why we shouldn't change the defense to a 4-3. 

They drafted the guy to play the Deonne Buchanon role. 

They shouldn't change the D to a 4-3 because you can't play 5+ DBs with 4 linemen and 3 LBs.  The team probably plays nickel 75% of the time anyway. The LBs beyond Lee are not particularly fast.  Kony Ealy is probably a good fit for 4-3 DE - so I guess they could go Ealy, Wilkerson, McClendon and Williams, but I don't see this as resolving any issue other than their ridiculous inability to draft a good 3-4 EDGE that can put up some pressure.  IT doesn't really resolve that at all, but at least they can pretend "they meant to do that." 

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

This usually happens after these players leave the Jets/Mets/Knicks and blossom with other teams!!!!

Seeing Justin Turner go "Beast Mode" on the Dodgers pisses me off to no end!

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They drafted the guy to play the Deonne Buchanon role. 

They shouldn't change the D to a 4-3 because you can't play 5+ DBs with 4 linemen and 3 LBs.  The team probably plays nickel 75% of the time anyway. The LBs beyond Lee are not particularly fast.  Kony Ealy is probably a good fit for 4-3 DE - so I guess they could go Ealy, Wilkerson, McClendon and Williams, but I don't see this as resolving any issue other than their ridiculous inability to draft a good 3-4 EDGE that can put up some pressure.  IT doesn't really resolve that at all, but at least they can pretend "they meant to do that." 

I agree with you. Jordan Jenkins 4.80 40 time, Lorenzo Mauldin 4.85, jeez.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

No I wanted you to clarify what you mean?  Guilhermezmc point is valid, he is a 4-3 OLB. So if the personal fit a 4-3, more than 3-4 then change it. At Least when you have a 4 man front play him at OLB.

They are playing Kony Ealy up at end.  I don't believe this is a scheme problem.  I think it is a player problem. Eventually he may get it, but the role isn't that much different from what he is playing now. 

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good news everyone. Turns out the roster isn't wet dogsh*t after all, we're just a 4-3 team trapped in a 3-4 team's body. Wow what a relief

Somebody has to get me in a room with cj2k. I swear to god I have the blueprint to never ever get fired from running the Jets. Every year we change the depth chart on the official site from 4-3 positions to 3-4 positions and we fire the offensive coordinator. Then you can do whatever you want. Now I just have to get the gig. I think changing my username to Personnel Guy Miss Lonelyhearts should seal the fan vote.

Archived