Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

“I’m going to change the position,” Adams said. “When you go out there on the field, you don’t try to stay the same. You try to make something happen. You try to do something different. When Odell made the one-handed catch, he changed the culture, right? He changed what receivers do now. Everybody’s catching with one hand, right? Because of him. Even though people were making one-handed catches, he did something that people had never seen before. So just give it time, brother. That’s all.”

5c2.jpg

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Unreal.

Read the article. Passionate 21 year old who is working to be the best player he can be and Jet fans want to rip him. 

After six years of Rex, we should all know by now that talk is cheap. Instead of saying what you're going to do, just go out there and do it.

This is a SHOW me league, so stop talking, and SHOW, then you can talk.  Till then head down, when that SHOW me moment happens then I'll be more then happy to listen to him yap about his actual success, not success that hasn't happened hopefully YET.

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

After six years of Rex, we should all know by now that talk is cheap. Instead of saying what you're going to do, just go out there and do it.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is a SHOW me league, so stop talking, and SHOW, then you can talk.  Till then head down, when that SHOW me moment happens then I'll be more then happy to listen to him yap about his actual success, not success that hasn't happened hopefully YET.

give me a break. the stick a mic in his face. he tells them he's giving it his all to be the best.

kid is 21 and Jet fans are offended because of a former coach and talk is cheap. if talk is cheap, then this board wouldn't exist

Just now, RESNewYork said:

give me a break. the stick a mic in his face. he tells them he's giving it his all to be the best.

kid is 21 and Jet fans are offended because of a former coach and talk is cheap. if talk is cheap, then this board wouldn't exist

That's not what he said, he said basically he will be the GOAT Safety of all time that changed the game.

I actually think Adams and Maye will be good players, even some of he great safeties have not been lights out 1st year but the jets under the last two regimes have kind of propagated the super confidence attitude from day one of rookies.  That is one of Pryors downfalls. imo.

I would prefer for my rookies to be quiet the 1st few years and once you show you are damn good in this league take the next step.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Ridiculous to bash the kid for being ambitious. I hope he's able to be a transcendent player. 

I think Matt's point was to bash him for saying that Odell Beckham Jr. invented one-handed catches.  I have been making one handed catches since at least 15 years before that guy was born and I'm pretty sure I didn't invent sh*t.  I didn't start falling down at safety until I turned 38 though.

1 minute ago, Jetfan13 said:

pretty high expectations from a rookie, since you yourself said it has never been seen.

He said it, read the quote.  He is putting the pressure of living up to high expectations to do things never seen before changing the position.

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“I’m going to change the position,” Adams said. “When you go out there on the field, you don’t try to stay the same. You try to make something happen. You try to do something different. When Odell made the one-handed catch, he changed the culture, right? He changed what receivers do now. Everybody’s catching with one hand, right? Because of him. Even though people were making one-handed catches, he did something that people had never seen before. So just give it time, brother. That’s all.”

Innovation is great but he should master fundamentals before he adds style.

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Matt's point was to bash him for saying that Odell Beckham Jr. invented one-handed catches.  I have been making one handed catches since at least 15 years before that guy was born and I'm pretty sure I didn't invent sh*t.  I didn't start falling down at safety until I turned 38 though.

I'm not talking about the OP I'm talking about every other post in this thread...

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That's not what he said, he said basically he will be the GOAT Safety of all time that changed the game.

Exactly. Didnt say he is. Says he wants to be. What the heck is wrong with that.

I hope you feel the same way. And if a reporter sticks a mic in your face for some reason, you say the same.

I use to never post here. Come visit to get some news, but this season has brought contempt to a new level

Sounds good to me. Can't wait to see how him and Maye grow over the years. Just turned 22, he's great at diagnosing plays...can only imagine he'll get even better after a couple seasons when he's seen things over and over. So far off to a good start.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not talking about the OP I'm talking about every other post in this thread...

And most posts in this thread is calling out a rookie for running his mouth saying just wait I'm gonna make every other Safety who played the game irrelevant yet he has yet to do one thing to change a game for the Jets never mind change the game.

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jetnation: A Jets forum where Jets fan come to bash promising young Jets players because he failed to shut down one of the greatest TE's of all time catching passes from one of the best QBs of all time. 

#SOJFs

Let's face it, there is a contingent of Jets fans that post who have a real problem.

Jets fans will knock ANYONE who has put on a Jet uniform, anyone... 

Jets players are knocked for speaking to much, to little, not at all, not being approachable, being to friendly, overstaying their welcome, popping off when their retired, being a bum, drinking to much, bringing religion into the game, having no morals, not knowing their place, being selfish, not being assertive enough, and on and on; as well as over and underestimating their talents.

It seems to me that we as Jets fans we can never be happy about a players joy; Adams is playing well, very well.  He is consistently being placed on the other teams best players and asked to shut them down; do we realize that?

Those who think that Adams is supposed to stop every play, never make an error, not fall down ever, shut out Gronk for the entire game with the rules as they currently stand know NOTHING about football.

I am glad he holds himself to an outlandish statement.. GREAT!!  Now have a career to back it up!!!

Come on guys.... this is why we knock Adam????? :( 

It is a little odd and certainly embarrassing to say the least..

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Let's face it, there is a contingent of Jets fans that post who have a real problem.

Jets fans will knock ANYONE who has put on a Jet uniform, anyone... 

Jets players are knocked for speaking to much, to little, not at all, not being approachable, being to friendly, overstaying their welcome, popping off when their retired, being a bum, drinking to much, bringing religion into the game, having no morals, not knowing their place, being selfish, not being assertive enough, and on and on; as well as over and underestimating their talents.

It seems to me that we as Jets fans we can never be happy about a players joy; Adams is playing well, very well.  He is consistently being placed on the other teams best players and asked to shut them down; do we realize that?

Those who think that Adams is supposed to stop every play, never make an error, not fall down ever, shut out Gronk for the entire game with the rules as they currently stand know NOTHING about football.

I am glad he holds himself to an outlandish statement.. GREAT!!  Now have a career to back it up!!!

Come on guys.... this is why we knock Adam????? :( 

It is a little odd and certainly embarrassing to say the least..

Can he make a play first?

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Exactly. Didnt say he is. Says he wants to be. What the heck is wrong with that.

I hope you feel the same way. And if a reporter sticks a mic in your face for some reason, you say the same.

I use to never post here. Come visit to get some news, but this season has brought contempt to a new level

Great go become what you want to be, and let everyone else talk about it, that's what makes you great what your peers think, and say not what you think, and say.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

When Odell made the one-handed catch, he changed the culture, right? He changed what receivers do now. Everybody’s catching with one hand, right? Because of him.

Man, I can't WAIT to see how he's one-ups Odell's "dog pissing" celebration! That one was a true game changer. I admit, I will never look at the NFL the same after seeing that one.

And, REALLY? NO ONE else had thought of catching a ball with one hand before Odell did it? Granted it WAS a great catch, but come on.

All NFL receivers after seeing that catch: "Well golly-gee-wilickers, I done not know I could catch ball with only ma one hand. Thanks Odell!"

The breakdown video that Brett Kollman did of his play at LSU was awe-inspiring, and also basically called him the second-coming of Brian Dawkins.   I don't know whether Brian Dawkins was covering Gronk either.

He is a good teammate and a good football player.  He speaks well, comes from a good family, and he does not appear to be the type that gets into trouble.  He was a safe pick.  It would appear that the pick for the Jets there was him, Lattimore, Hooker or Watson.  It does appear that the Jets made the correct value pick there, but I think we need to make that assessment at the end of the year, and the end of next year.

I wonder if MacBowles is attracted to a "type" rather than a highest value football player.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Jetnation: A Jets forum where Jets fan come to bash promising young Jets players because he failed to shut down one of the greatest TE's of all time catching passes from one of the best QBs of all time. 

#SOJFs

Yeah, that's what's happening.

Then their is the other underlying problem what a Saftey does in a football game (never mind says what he wants to do in a football game to the media) is irrelevant if you don't have a QB!

This forum will be the way it is until the Jets get that QB, and then you can come on here, and bitch, and moan about how to many Jets fans post about how great the Jets are, and everything is peachy.

Archived