Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

Just now, jetrider said:

You saying Bowles can't develop safeties too?

Yes.  Everything wrong with this team is because of Todd Bowles.  It was all Groh's fault, then all Herm's fault, then all Mangini's fault, then all Ryan's fault, and now it's all Todd Bowles' fault.  Which is why, each time we've fired a coach, things have gotten better, because it was all their fault.  This also goes for offensive coordinators.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Yes.  Everything wrong with this team is because of Todd Bowles.  It was all Groh's fault, then all Herm's fault, then all Mangini's fault, then all Ryan's fault, and now it's all Todd Bowles' fault.  Which is why, each time we've fired a coach, things have gotten better, because it was all their fault.  This also goes for offensive coordinators.

Guess we need a GM that teaches football technique, designs game plans and playbooks in between phone calls, contracts, and office management.

Just now, jetrider said:

Guess we need a GM that teaches football technique, designs game plans and playbooks in between phone calls, contracts, and office management.

It might be useful to figure out what an NFL HC actually does, before criticizing one.

42 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

So when you take a player at 6, if they are not the greatest at their position, then they're a failure? Because Ed Reed is probably one of the greatest, or the greatest to play safety.

Or is just the safety position?

When you take a non-premium position that early, yes, it's a bad pick unless the guy ends up a perennial Pro Bowler.

It's also why we should have taken Watson or a WR. 

2 hours ago, BigO said:

Can we say the commish made a mistake and called out Adams instead of Watson.  

Right,so at this time the fanbase would be bashing McCags for drafting Watson, bashing Bowles for not starting him and labeling Watson a bust because he couldn't beat out the bum McCown.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blame Macc for the high expectations.  When you take a safety at 6, he'd better be f*ckin Ed Reed.  

Ed Reed wasn't Ed Reed right from the get go, he built his rep up playing on an all time great defense . Imagine if the Jets had a pass rush to help out the secondary like Ed reed had.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Sorry if I came on to strong, mea culpa. 

I certainly meant no harm just waiting for the Sears repairman to come to repair my washing machine and a little antsy waiting all day.

I wouldn’t sweat it CB.  You’re just being passionate, like this year’s New York Jets team.

Do let us know, however, if your Sears service technician says he’s going to revolutionize the repair business. ?

14 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Right,so at this time the fanbase would be bashing McCags for drafting Watson, bashing Bowles for not starting him and labeling Watson a bust because he couldn't beat out the bum McCown.

No. Watson would have have clearly shown he was ready to roll. Had they had the cajones to draft him in the first place, McCown would never have been signed. As far as Bowles is concerned, he'd have no choice but to start him. See, that was easy. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

PFF is nothing more than artificial statistics invented by former members of Lambda Lambda Lambda in an effort to appeal to the Dungeons and Dragons crowd.  Their entire organization is a disgrace.

Wait... Pac is against math?  Sexual identity is so up in the air in the modern world!

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ed Reed wasn't Ed Reed right from the get go, he built his rep up playing on an all time great defense . Imagine if the Jets had a pass rush to help out the secondary like Ed reed had.

#wpnzz

29 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams has already reinvented the mediocre Safety position 

Haven't you heard he's reinventing the position. He won't be playing safety. He'll be playing Danger Will Robinson Danger position. 

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

No. Watson would have have clearly shown he was ready to roll. Had they had the cajones to draft him in the first place, McCown would never have been signed. As far as Bowles is concerned, he'd have no choice but to start him. See, that was easy. 

McCown signed a fully guaranteed $6M deal a month before the draft. That was easy.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

As per PFF, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Montae Nicholson, John Johnson, and even Marcus Maye are rookie safeties grading out higher than Adams, who's currently rated in the Below Average range, and the 55th best safety.  For what it's worth, Marcus Maye is #42.

Other interesting facts, of the 11 (there's a tie) safeties ranked top 10 by PFF for 2017 so far, only 3 were 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder, and no 3rd rounders.

Again, Adams will likely be fine, but "Good" is still up hill.

Eh, let any of them cover Gronk for a game and see where they rank following. I don't rank player performances for a living but I think Adams had played extremely well prior to the NE game. 

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

You can't be this obtuse or inane can you?

You really believe that Adams hasn't made plays since he has been on the Jets? 

If you believe your own post, then either you haven't been watching any games or are Stevie Wonder...

cause here is one "play" for you.....

Come on Man, are better than this Post!!!

Sick play. If only all of our players had that kind of hustle 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Careful there buddy. The last time a wannabe jock went after LLL, he got his sh*t pushed in during a vicious rap battle AND they took his girl.

Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the

Yeah but that was a movie. In real life nerds get pummeled.

On Adams I think his comments are what you would expect from a rookie. He wants to justify where he was picked, he wants to win games, and he wants to be the best. He has shown flashes but he is still a rookie. He is learning and it takes time. On a few plays Gronk did take him to school but Gronk also got the calls because of him being Gronk. Do I blame Adams for Sundays Loss? HELLO NO. If I were his coach I may advise him to shut his yap though and just play like I know he is capable of. Do it on the field Mr Adams and the accolades will come. Talk has never been anything but just that.....talk.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

PFF is nothing more than artificial statistics invented by former members of Lambda Lambda Lambda in an effort to appeal to the Dungeons and Dragons crowd.  Their entire organization is a disgrace.

Well, you've stumbled on an entirely new way of being wrong, so points for that I guess. I think there's a legit case to be made PFF's statistics being artificial and their organization being a disgrace, but not for reasons you would understand and certainly not for the reasons you're thinking of here.

The D&D crack is the opposite of true. PFF's entire business model--the thumbs-up/thumbs-down method of "analyzing" plays and players, the 1-whatever ranking of every single player at every single position, the color-coded Homeland Security alert system they use to categorize everybody, the sleek website with tiered membership options with dumbass names like PFF EDGE and PFF ELITE, the partnerships with the league and networks--is very obviously predicated on appealing to diaper-wearing illiterates who don't want math gaying up their football. If you find PFF too highfalutin, I've got some bad news about the ways NFL front offices make decisions, and some even worse news about you.

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In real life the people who get pummeled are the guys who peaked in high school that bitch about athletes on the internet while the nerds are out drilling Brazilian jiu jitsu. 

Yeah sometimes but this is often the reality:image.png

1 hour ago, BigO said:

No way they would have started Watson from the get go. I'm convinced even if they draft a QB top 5 next year they'll also start the season on the bench.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Wait... Pac is against math?  Sexual identity is so up in the air in the modern world!

#wpnzz

Yes Ed Reed would have clearly dominated with a front four that can't produce a single sack. You guys are so sour on the Jets you can't even appreciate when we have a good player. I guess most of you would have preferred Loafer Revis at CB and superstar Pryor than "suffering" with the 2 safeties who can -OMG play good.

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In real life the people who get pummeled are the guys who peaked in high school that bitch about athletes on the internet while the nerds are out drilling Brazilian jiu jitsu. 

I have a 27 year old daughter who rolled  for 7 years And took Krav for 8 and currently teaches. She also has a MBA. I honestly feel like I won. Haha. 

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes Ed Reed would have clearly dominated with a front four that can't produce a single sack. You guys are so sour on the Jets you can't even appreciate when we have a good player. I guess most of you would have preferred Loafer Revis at CB and superstar Pryor than "suffering" with the 2 safeties who can -OMG play good.

Why can't you understand?  We are not soured on Adams as a player.  We are soured on an administration that has no concept of positional value.  I am not saying that Maye and Adams will not be good pros.  I am saying that IMO:

Calvin Pryor + Deshaun Watson > Jamaal Adams + Josh McCown

-OMG!

Archived