Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

“I’m going to change the position,” Adams said. “When you go out there on the field, you don’t try to stay the same. You try to make something happen. You try to do something different. When Odell made the one-handed catch, he changed the culture, right? He changed what receivers do now. Everybody’s catching with one hand, right? Because of him. Even though people were making one-handed catches, he did something that people had never seen before. So just give it time, brother. That’s all.”

5c2.jpg

bad example.  odell can get away with it but it's still not the right way to catch a ball.  i guess adams is trying to make the point that he wants to change the way safeties play the game.  unfortunately for him there have been quite a few very good and dominant safeties starting with ronnie lott and going to palumalu, bob sanders and ed reed.

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I have a 27 year old daughter who rolled  for 7 years And took Krav for 8 and currently teaches. She also has a MBA. I honestly feel like I won. Haha. 

I feel like you have purposefully bred a family for the sole purpose of gaining power when the dystopian apocalypse hits.  

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I feel like you have purposefully bred a family for the sole purpose of gaining power when the dystopian apocalypse hits.  

I sold out on the zombie apocalypse or the rise of the Machines. I have a EMP machine in my basement that looks like sump pump. Fuck you Skynet!!!

10 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams is OK.  the problem is he plays safety. Or dollar backer or whatever they call it. He's not a QB. 

any1 else wish he was Deshaun Watson? Or is that just me 

Kansas City's defense has gone to hell since Eric berry got hurt. So yeah, safety is an important position.  If desean Watson ends up being a franchise QB will the jets look stupid? Yes, unless they're able to draft or sign one this off-season. 

Either way, hating Jamal Adams simply because he isn't a quarterback or pass rusher is just flat out stupid and typical sojf mentality.

30 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kansas City's defense has gone to hell since Eric berry got hurt. So yeah, safety is an important position.  If desean Watson ends up being a franchise QB will the jets look stupid? Yes, unless they're able to draft or sign one this off-season. 

Either way, hating Jamal Adams simply because he isn't a quarterback or pass rusher is just flat out stupid and typical song mentality.

Berry was also 10x the prospect Adams was. 

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Eh, let any of them cover Gronk for a game and see where they rank following. I don't rank player performances for a living but I think Adams had played extremely well prior to the NE game. 

People act like there are 20 guys who can actually cover Gronk

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Eh, let any of them cover Gronk for a game and see where they rank following. I don't rank player performances for a living but I think Adams had played extremely well prior to the NE game. 

Agreed that Gronk skews negative.  And I've said over and over again that he'll be fine.  He still has a long way to go.  Rankings may be off, but Hooker looks better today.

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Agreed that Gronk skews negative.  And I've said over and over again that he'll be fine.  He still has a long way to go.  Rankings may be off, but Hooker looks better today.

Hooker isn't asked to do nearly as much, either.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why can't you understand?  We are not soured on Adams as a player.  We are soured on an administration that has no concept of positional value.  I am not saying that Maye and Adams will not be good pros.  I am saying that IMO:

Calvin Pryor + Deshaun Watson > Jamaal Adams + Josh McCown

-OMG!

I just feel like I would like to see Watson play more than a few games. QB's that play the same style as Watson tend to have trouble staying healthy for 16 games plus playoffs. I also want to see Watson play well once DC's figure out how to keep him in the pocket and make all the throws. We have seen this time and time again. I do like the Adams pick so far and would still take him over Watson.

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why can't you understand?  We are not soured on Adams as a player.  We are soured on an administration that has no concept of positional value.  I am not saying that Maye and Adams will not be good pros.  I am saying that IMO:

-OMG!

This really isn't hard.

8 hours ago, BigO said:

No. Watson would have have clearly shown he was ready to roll. Had they had the cajones to draft him in the first place, McCown would never have been signed. As far as Bowles is concerned, he'd have no choice but to start him. See, that was easy. 

Don't disagree, but these geniuses signed McCown in March. Which in their stupidity may have been another reason to not pick Watson.

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

-OMG!

Have you even read this thread? I can point to numerous posts that directly bashed Adams. If every post was "Macc sucks because he didn't take Watson instead" I could understand that. But many of the SOJF crowd are bashing Adams as a player. Here are some quotes from various posters that you didn't bother to process (all  just from the first page):

"how about not falling down when covering a tight end or trying to make a tackle.  i'll settle for this, o mighty one."- Tell me how that isn't some "soured" on adams. 

"Hopefully this quote was prior to being abused by Gronk???"

"b/c being abused by gronk isn't exactly changing the safety position, is it?"

"Adams had his chance to something know one seen before, completely shut down a HEALTHY Gronk, and he failed."

"Can we say the commish made a mistake and called out Adams instead of Watson. "

27, please tell us all again how this thread isn't about SOJF's that have already soured on Adams......

11 hours ago, bitonti said:

Jamal Adams is OK.  the problem is he plays safety. Or dollar backer or whatever they call it. He's not a QB. 

any1 else wish he was Deshaun Watson? Or is that just me 

Hindsight = 20/20

AND Watson would have not played as well for us, given he doesn't have one the best O-Lines, One of the best WR's in the game, and a solid running game.

10 hours ago, Bugg said:

Don't disagree, but these geniuses signed McCown in March. Which in their stupidity may have been another reason to not pick Watson.

Yes I was updated on that. Which validates your point. Mac it seemed had no intention of drafting any QB this past draft. It appears he’s enamored with his #2 pick perhaps.  That brings into serious question what he will do in next year’s draft. Will he follow suit and resignn McClown and keep Hack in the wings.  Or does he draft a QB, cut Petty resign McClown.  If he was really looking to tank in the first place why in the world sign McClown.  None of this is making sense thus leading to the conclusion that Mac has no common sense. 

9 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Hindsight = 20/20

AND Watson would have not played as well for us, given he doesn't have one the best O-Lines, One of the best WR's in the game, and a solid running game.

Doesnt matter. The kid has mad skills.  You’d think with the success Prescott had you’d roll the dice and take one of the top qb’s left on the board at 6.  Watson would’ve made an immediate impact and rejuvenated the fan base and been the foundation to build around.  Instead we still have no future at QB. SMH ??‍♂️ 

Watson was such a slam dunk that he was 3rd QB taken in this draft. 

Browns - need a QB

Bears - trade up for Trubisky

49ers - need a QB

Jags - need a QB

Titans - have Mariotta

Chargers - Rivers but need a future QB

Panthers - Newton

Bengals - Dalton

Chiefs trade up with Bills - Bills need a QB but trade down. Chiefs take Mahomes

Saints - Brees but need a future QB

Texans trade up with Browns - Browns now had two chances to draft Watson

Do you see a trend. Did you see a trend with so many QBs in the history of the draft. How players like Prescott and Wilson happen all the time. As you can see many QB needy teams past on Watson. I wish the Jets had more foresight but this proves that even paid professionals and experts have a difficult time scouting the QB position 

20 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

As you can see many QB needy teams past on Watson. I wish the Jets had more foresight but this proves that even paid professionals and experts have a difficult time scouting the QB position 

the Jets could have had Watson but everyone believed last year's crop was garbage. Even Mahomes would have been a hopeful pick. But they wanted to see what they had in Hack and took a safety (who is now playing OLB mostly)  

the Jets could have drafted Jimmy Garappolo but they wanted to see what they had in Geno Smith so they drafted Jace Amaro  

the Jets could have taken a QB they just have to grow balls and make a good pick. they need to be willing to cut bait on their failed projects like Geno and Hack. they don't have to lose all their games to get Sam Darnold they just need to make a rational pick at the most important spot in all of team sports. It's not impossible to find a QB but it is if you don't try. 

and TS is right by the way, Marcus Maye is playing better than Jamal ADams right now and it's not even close. If one of em had to go on IR this year we'd pick Adams cause Maye is essential to the defense. Adams is like a swiss army knife doing 8 things, none of them well. Maye is a true deep coverage FS. 

They could find safeties elsewhere but they disregarded the Ron Wolf rule to draft a QB every year.

again I don't hate Jamal Adams he's just not a QB and frankly he's a little overrated. Fans bought his jersey he hasn't made 1 damn play all year. I think maybe 1 sack but no PD no FF no INT. Safeties aren't drafted for their 1 sack in 7 games. He's an OK player right now. The Jets took a ballsless riskless move and we are supposed to feel bad for them because of how hard it is to draft a QB? Bullcrap 

there are posters who could draft QBs out of a magazine better than these so called professionals making the Jets picks 

Archived