### Jets \ Dolphins Game Thread ###

Maxman

The Jets have a chance to get to 4 and 3 on Sunday. They travel to Miami with their eyes set on beating the Dolphins for the second time this season. 4 wins in the first 7 weeks. They said the Jets wouldn't win 4 all year.

Powell is back. The Jets win a lot when Powell is in the lineup. 

Here is our full NY Jets Game Preview.

Beat Miami, send Cutler back to retirement. Let's go Jets.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

Predicting the Jets' inactives for tomorrow: RB Travaris Cadet, TE Jordan Leggett, QB Christian Hackenberg, LB Obum Gwacham, CB Derrick Jones, LB Freddie Bishop and C Jonotthan Harrison. The big question is DE Mo Wilkerson (toe, shoulder), who is questionable. The hunch is he'll play. If they felt otherwise, they could've promoted a defensive lineman from the practice squad. They didn't. If Wilkerson doesn't play, they'd be down to five linemen in forecasted 87-degree heat. Not ideal.

45 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

The big question is DE Mo Wilkerson (toe, shoulder), who is questionable. The hunch is he'll play. If they felt otherwise, they could've promoted a defensive lineman from the practice squad. They didn't. If Wilkerson doesn't play, they'd be down to five linemen in forecasted 87-degree heat. Not ideal.

We're essentially down one linemen whenever Mo is on the field anyway, so Cimini's point is moot.

Jamal Adams riding on the back of Darron Lee would be a better linemen than Mo at this point.

Every time I see the Dolphins I picture that muddy field in 1982! Something like that would never be allowed to happen in this day & age in football. That was a tremendously talented Jet team that would have CRUSHED the Redskins in the Super Bowl. 

They would have had 1 goal, stop Riggins & there was no way that Skins defense on a neautral beautiful field would stop the Jets offense. The mud bowl hurt me deep. There is a South Park episode where the entire Dolphin team gets harpooned. There is justification, lol.

Keys to the game:

1. Can McCown get the ball to Kearse and Kerley on early downs?

2. Have to establish the run early and often with Matt Forte.

3. Start smoking and having unprotected sex with strangers bc there is no future.

4. Get an early lead to cover for leadership-allayed talent deficiencies of Darron Lee and Jamal Adams.

5. Start Deshaun Watson in FanDuel.

6. Recall that time in ‘86 when you spent $600 on a Betamax player, only to find out that the industry had already surreptitiously moved on from the Betamax format and realize those sensations of shame and loss had a child and that child was named Mike Maccagnan.

7. The Dolphins and Jets rosters have a combined $27 million dollars in dead cap expenditures and have tied up $201 million dollars in combined dollars to Mo Wilkerson and Ndamukong Suh, then realize that the two men responsible for these decisions have shaped Jets football for roughly half of your adult life.

Taking my girlfriends dad to the game.  I might get an hour of sleep in before the game. 

I don’t know how anyone can live in Miami and not kill themselves by over endulgence or just throwing in the towel because the city is awful.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Keys to the game:

6. Recall that time in ‘86 when you spent $600 on a Betamax player, only to find out that the industry had already surreptitiously moved on from the Betamax format and realize those sensations of shame and loss had a child and that child was named Mike Maccagnan.

I post a numerous message boards and have never, ever, come across anyone as funny as you.

This leads me to the conclusion that you are either Kevin James or Larry David.

If I am right, let's keep it between us on the down-low.  Just tap your foot three times and it'll be our secret.

SAR I

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Keys to the game:

1. Can McCown get the ball to Kearse and Kerley on early downs?

2. Have to establish the run early and often with Matt Forte.

3. Start smoking and having unprotected sex with strangers bc there is no future.

4. Get an early lead to cover for leadership-allayed talent deficiencies of Darron Lee and Jamal Adams.

5. Start Deshaun Watson in FanDuel.

7. The Dolphins and Jets rosters have a combined $27 million dollars in dead cap expenditures and have tied up $201 million dollars in combined dollars to Mo Wilkerson and Ndamukong Suh, then realize that the two men responsible for these decisions have shaped Jets football for roughly half of your adult life.

Brutal but I liked it.

Kerley was reliable with SF last year but he's not a big ticket item. They decided to go with younger players and from what I've seen they aren't bad. But he's a great fit on this team and can move the chains. And reliable in the return game too. If he gets like 50 yards and 3 first downs it's a big deal esp for a low scoring team like the Jets. He might even do better. Glad he came back. 

Man I wanna win this game. I hate the Dolphins more than any other team in the NFL. The Mud bowl, the Marino spike game, and all the other debacles I have witnessed in games against them spur on this hatred. Its tough to win in Miami and these teams do usually split the season series unless one of them is horrendously bad. Its gonna come down to who controls the line of scrimmage boys as it usually does. They have to keep Ajayi in check. I think they do. Jets 27 Dolphins 13. SQUISH THE FISH. DUCK THE FOLPHINS.

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I post a numerous message boards and have never, ever, come across anyone as funny as you.

If I am right, let's keep it between us on the down-low.  Just tap your foot three times and it'll be our secret.

SAR I

Funny, witty, clever...LOL...

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Why does he have to be a Jew?

27 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Why draft a guy when you want them to just sign your boy Sanchez? One word: Tannehill.

They could draft a QB if they think it's an upgrade or they could trade the pick to another QB-needy team not in the AFCE.

Beating the Dolphins today ruins our tomorrow.

SAR I

I don't have a good feeling about this game. Jets have been horrible on the road this year and should be 0-3 if Cleveland wasn't such a clown show with all the scoring opportunities they blew. We kicked the dolfags ass last game but they are still 3-2 and looking for some revenge for being embarrassed. Dolfags 20  - Jets 14. I hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They could draft a QB if they think it's an upgrade or they could trade the pick to another QB-needy team not in the AFCE.

Beating the Dolphins today ruins our tomorrow.

SAR I

They need skill players and offensive lineman to help their excellent RB Ajayi. They will go WR or OL in the draft. Maybe take a DB or safety. Stick to PSL defense. Its all you got.

Archived