You Take a Knee and go to OT

jmat321

8 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

When a career loser is leading your team, you lose. McCown once again found a way to lose. 

Exactly.

And when his coach is actually putting him in a position to lose, the poor journeyman doesn't stand a chance.  0:47 seconds from his own 15 yard line.  You take a knee.  You don't instruct the guy to throw a high risk pass like that.  Twice.  In consecutive weeks.

SAR I

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.  So without a good OL, without a good blocking RB, without strong WR's, and with the worst starting QB in the NFL you don't take the chance that he'll throw the game away.  Which is what he did.  In consecutive weeks.  To division opponents.

Bowles is a moron.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

And when his coach is actually putting him in a position to lose, the poor journeyman doesn't stand a chance.  0:47 seconds from his own 15 yard line.  You take a knee.  You don't instruct the guy to throw a high risk pass like that.  Twice.  In consecutive weeks.

SAR I

Agree and agree. 

Anyone who thinks you take a knee and go to OT there doesn't know football very well. I gotta say, I feel bad for NFL coaches. Decisions on their employment status are often made in part because of fan opinion. Uninformed opinions at that.

With that being said, Bowles has terrible time management. They say that those are mistakes young coaches make, but some of them are inexcusable. This isn't a first-time HS coach, this is an NFL coach. He should understand time management already.

Maybe the board doesn't understand clock management.

When we played the Pats, fans blamed Bowles for using 2 timeouts in the second half which the Jets needed at the end of the game.

The following week, we have all 3 timeouts at the end of the game, and now fans want Bowles to take a knee, and waste the 3 timeouts that were so precious the week before?

Which one is it? 

And please stop pushing the you kneel because McCown is your QB argument.  Unless Bowles knew McCown was going to throw an interception before the play happened, you go for it.

I knew this argument was going to come up the moment McCown threw the pick, but that still doesn't make it any less stupid.  Given the outcome of daring to attempt to pass, there was nothing there that wouldn't have people complaining.  With 3 timeouts and only needing a FG, there was more than enough time to work with.  Simply giving up based on pure fear is ridiculous, no matter how crappy your team is.  Unless he was scared that it might make Maccagnan look bad by showing how crappy the roster is, there's no motivation to make a decision that has a serious chance of resulting in never even seeing the ball again.  Ultimately, it tells you that even Bowles had more faith in his offense than defense, which tells you something.

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Precisely.  So without a good OL, without a good blocking RB, without strong WR's, and with the worst starting QB in the NFL you don't take the chance that he'll throw the game away.  Which is what he did.  In consecutive weeks.  To division opponents.

Bowles is a moron.

SAR I

And if he ran the clock out and the Fins scored a TD on the 1st posessison on a gassed defense everyone would be killing Bowles for not having any balls etc..  The decision was the correct one the execution was piss poor

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I knew this argument was going to come up the moment McCown threw the pick, but that still doesn't make it any less stupid.  Given the outcome of daring to attempt to pass, there was nothing there that wouldn't have people complaining.  With 3 timeouts and only needing a FG, there was more than enough time to work with.  Simply giving up based on pure fear is ridiculous, no matter how crappy your team is.  Unless he was scared that it might Maccagnan look bad by showing how crappy the roster is, there's no motivation to make a decision that has a serious chance of resulting in never even seeing the ball again.  Ultimately, it tells you that even Bowles had more faith in his offense than defense, which tells you something.

The sheep here are just echoing what the moron Chris Spielman was spewing on the national TV broadcast.

16 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And if he ran the clock out and the Fins scored a TD on the 1st posessison on a gassed defense everyone would be killing Bowles for not having any balls etc..  The decision was the correct one the execution was piss poor

Again with this boilerplate devil's advocate stuff.  Only idiots would have killed Bowles for doing the right thing.  The court of public opinion is not a reason to call a play.  A head coach should know the limits of his quarterback, OL, and WR's.

Bowles doesn't.  He's an idiot.  Cost us 1 game for sure, maybe 2.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Again with this boilerplate devil's advocate stuff.  Only idiots would have killed Bowles for doing the right thing.  The court of public opinion is not a reason to call a play.  A head coach should know the limits of his quarterback, OL, and WR's.

SAR I

Which game? This one? Bullsh*t. You go for it

24 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I knew this argument was going to come up the moment McCown threw the pick, but that still doesn't make it any less stupid.  Given the outcome of daring to attempt to pass, there was nothing there that wouldn't have people complaining.  With 3 timeouts and only needing a FG, there was more than enough time to work with.  Simply giving up based on pure fear is ridiculous, no matter how crappy your team is.  Unless he was scared that it might make Maccagnan look bad by showing how crappy the roster is, there's no motivation to make a decision that has a serious chance of resulting in never even seeing the ball again.  Ultimately, it tells you that even Bowles had more faith in his offense than defense, which tells you something.

I expect more from you, Bleedin'.

Not all situations are the same.  0:45 seconds on the clock with Peyton Manning, different story. 0:45 seconds on the clock when you're the team that just mounted a valiant 14 point fourth quarter, different story.  Josh McCown is the worst starting QB in the NFL.  The Jets OL and WR's are bottom feeders.  It was the Dolphins that had created all the positive momentum.  The situation did not call for the "proceed without fear" strategy you and too many others preach.  The situation called for running the ball 3 times, see if you can break a tackle, kill the clock.  Then allow for the timeouts, the TV commercials, the reading of the rules, the coin toss, another commercial, the touchback, and another commercial.  That's about 10 minutes to allow your team to regroup and allow the Dolphins to cool down.

There is no justification for Josh McScrub to throw the ball from his own 15 yard line with only 0:45 seconds to work with in that hot environment against that hot team.  None.

SAR I

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Which game? This one? Bullsh*t. You go for it

Both games.  Two moronic decisions.

We were three running plays from going into the New England game with a halftime lead.  A 7 point lead.  Are you kidding me?  Against the defending Super Bowl champs?  Bill Belichick after a 10 day bye, Tom Brady cold as ice.  Kill the clock, back 'em up deep, it's halftime and you're shocking the NFL.  Instead, Bowles calls 6 consecutive passing plays leading to an interception and a Brady TD in 0:26 seconds.  Costs us the game.

Yesterday, in Miami, even worse.  Josh McCown is the worst starting QB in the NFL.  The Jets OL and WR's are bottom feeders.  The situation called for running the ball 3 times, see if you can break a tackle, kill the clock.  Then allow for the timeouts, the TV commercials, the reading of the rules, the coin toss, another commercial, the touchback, and another commercial.  That's about 10 minutes to allow your team to regroup and allow the Dolphins to cool down.  50/50 shot you get the ball first, new OT rules means you're going to likely get a shot to win the game even if you lose the toss, perhaps our D makes another big play and we get great field position after a punt just like the last time we were in OT against the Jaguars.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Both games.  Two moronic decisions.

We were three running plays from going into the New England game with a halftime lead.  A 7 point lead.  Are you kidding me?  Against the defending Super Bowl champs?  Bill Belichick after a 10 day bye, Tom Brady cold as ice.  Kill the clock, back 'em up deep, it's halftime and you're shocking the NFL.  Instead, Bowles calls 6 consecutive passing plays leading to an interception and a Brady TD in 0:26 seconds.  Costs us the game.

Yesterday, in Miami, even worse.  Josh McCown is the worst starting QB in the NFL.  The Jets OL and WR's are bottom feeders.  The situation called for running the ball 3 times, see if you can break a tackle, kill the clock.  Then allow for the timeouts, the TV commercials, the reading of the rules, the coin toss, another commercial, the touchback, and another commercial.  That's about 10 minutes to allow your team to regroup and allow the Dolphins to cool down.  50/50 shot you get the ball first, new OT rules means you're going to likely get a shot to win the game even if you lose the toss, perhaps our D makes another big play and we get great field position after a punt just like the last time we were in OT against the Jaguars.

SAR I

No. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Listen all you need to do is look at who is the only person upvoting your responses to know where you stand !!!!

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

NOT IF YOUR QUARTERBACK IS JOSH MCCOWN.

We're having a different conversation if Marcus Mariotta or Joe Flacco were wearing green. 

Oh, and remind me again....what happened?  That's right.  WE LOST.

How you can defend two bad decisions in two games that we lost directly because of said decisions is astonishing.  Next time you drive your car at night into a lake, remind yourself how it's perfectly safe to drive that close to a lake at night, K?

SAR I

Archived