12-124

Jetster

Penalties are the sign of an undisciplined team.

On the road vs a division opponent when you have 12 penalties for 124 yards you've put yourself in poor down & distance circumstances. When you have a 38 year old journeyman QB, 2nd & 15 is a bad place for McCown. 

Our defense can't rush the passer. Giving Miami 1st downs compounds a problem we already have. Clean up the penalties, Jets walk away with a pretty easy victory. 

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Penalties are the sign of an undisciplined team.

On the road vs a division opponent when you have 12 penalties for 124 yards you've put yourself in poor down & distance circumstances. When you have a 38 year old journeyman QB, 2nd & 15 is a bad place for McCown. 

Our defense can't rush the passer. Giving Miami 1st downs compounds a problem we already have. Clean up the penalties, Jets walk away with a pretty easy victory. 

Completely agree. I believe we are top 3 now in penalties. 

With our roster you would think the margin for error to get a victory is razor thin. You can't win with our roster and being a league leader in penalties 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Would agree besides the fact that there are a zillion penalties in every effing game now.

I think we would all agree we don't have a dynamic QB, RB, Pass rusher, WR. So with that being said if your trying to win being average, your margin for error is nil, so 12-124, I don't care HOW you ended up losing, as a coach you know turnovers & penalties result in losses. A lot of times penalties lead to turnovers & scores for the opposing team. 

We deserved to lose. Last week we deserved to have a chance to win & were jobbed by the officials, today? Mostly self inflicted.

2015 Jets were the 5th least penalized
2016 Jets were the 4th least penalized
2017 Jets are currently the 3rd most penalized

As much as the last couple of games have sucked penalty wise and I'm not really a fan of Bowles, penalties so far hasn't been a place you can criticize him.

With the youth we are playing it makes sense that penalties are on the rise this year.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

I think we would all agree we don't have a dynamic QB, RB, Pass rusher, WR. So with that being said if your trying to win being average, your margin for error is nil, so 12-124, I don't care HOW you ended up losing, as a coach you know turnovers & penalties result in losses. A lot of times penalties lead to turnovers & scores for the opposing team. 

We deserved to lose. Last week we deserved to have a chance to win & were jobbed by the officials, today? Mostly self inflicted.

a lot of those penalties come on otherwise successful offensive plays.  it's hard to say if the penalty actually impacted the play but still, they are killers.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Any discussion of penalties is remiss if it fails to mention all the bad calls. We’ve gotten a lot of them.

False starts on the road when your backed up are killers. Especially with an offense that averages such low yards per pass. But, I will say personnel choices were terrible. Why not try to use McGuire more at the start of the 4th? He's fresh, much faster than Forte & he just might break one like he did vs the Jags. Honestly, I don't understand feeding the ball so much to Forte in the 2nd half.

On 10/22/2017 at 11:59 PM, JetFreak89 said:

As much as the last couple of games have sucked penalty wise and I'm not really a fan of Bowles, penalties so far hasn't been a place you can criticize him.

With the youth we are playing it makes sense that penalties are on the rise this year.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Most of the penalties are committed by the team's veterans

Archived