Jets enter top 10

AFJF

i'd guess about 5.  the problem is that the 4 teams who will pick ahead of the jets will probably grab one of the top qb prospects.  one of the wildcard teams might be the dolts.  brisset doesn't seem to be the second coming of anyone and luck just seem to be getting healthy or capable of staying healthy.  will he be on the trading block?

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Seriously, look at our schedule. There's a chance we do not win another game. 

I see Bills, Chargers as possible wins (not likely but possible) Can't see us getting past 5 wins. Unfortunatly regardless of shedule, which I have not checked (any head to heads) I could see Browns , Giants, and 49ers not winning another game.

i'd guess about 5.  the problem is that the 4 teams who will pick ahead of the jets will probably grab one of the top qb prospects.  one of the wildcard teams might be the dolts.  brisset doesn't seem to be the second coming of anyone and luck just seem to be getting healthy or capable of staying healthy.  will he be on the trading block?

I would guess that when luck is healthy they will play him and they will win a few more games which will pull them out the top 2 qb hunt. The tankers should probably be more worried about the bengals

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

We of course won't be passing any of the current Top 4.  The Giants just don't have any firepower to have one of their magical 2nd halves.  Quitting on their Head Coach is a distinct possibility too. 

The rest is fair game.  Including the Cardinals, who just have too much talent not to win a few more games, even without Carson Palmer and while having to deal with Seattle and the Rams. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Hard to see too many victories in the remaining schedule, but still no chance at the #1 or #2 picks. Better to focus on what we can get, not what we can’t. There will be good QB prospects available where we wind up picking.

And we will pass them by and draft defense as usual.    If McBowles is still here, then we are screwed.

50 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

And we will pass them by and draft defense as usual.    If McBowles is still here, then we are screwed.

Ok.  And?

I mean honestly, if you (and other who echo your sentiment) are so down, there is no real point in debating it.

Macc and Bowles are the staff today, and if they are still the staff come draft day (and I believe they will be) they'll pick as they pick.

No sense getting so angry about it.  Personally, I think we go QB and I don't think it's question, but ymmv.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hard to see too many victories in the remaining schedule, but still no chance at the #1 or #2 picks. Better to focus on what we can get, not what we can’t. There will be good QB prospects available where we wind up picking.

Just pick him.

image.png

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Darnold has another no-show like this week and the USC coaches will beg him to turn pro. If Rosen is #1, would not mind Mayfield or the Northwestern kid Thorsen.

I may be stupid, and often am, but I'm perfectly fine drafting Baker Mayfield at picks #6-#15 or so, presuming he is available.

I understand the risks.  

But I like what I see (apart from the drunken arrest, of course).

The kid is a winner and can play the position.  And he'd be a huge upgrade over Petty and Hack IMO.

But there is no point falling in love.  If we draft Falk, or Allen or whomever falls to us at whatever pick we get, great.  Lets hope he's the right guy, and get to work with him.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

Outside of the QBs and Barkley, are there even any offensive guys worth taking top 10 as of right now? I hear more defense this draft then anything. A couple OL maybe? We'll be in no mans land next draft probably and I don't think it's a terrible thing.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You know we're gonna pick Minkah Fitzpatrick. 

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sam is going to fall. Honestly think too 10 pick will more than likely get him . If he comes out or if you still want him. 

I'd run to the podium, but he may stay in Collage? - I like Baker Mayfield also. Either would be a dream, but there are a lot of QB hungry teams.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Do you trust Maccagnan to pick the right guy unless it was a no brainer like Darnold or Rosen. I wanted to tank not only to land the QB of our choice but to get Maccagnan and Bowles fired. I would feel a lot better if we had John Dorsey making the first round pick in the 2018 draft.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

We'll draft defense.  Book it.

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Todd needs a cover corner for his defense.

I agree, but not at the expense any more of QB, Oline or edge rusher. Was watching the 2nd half of Pitt- Cincy yesterday. Dupree and Watt were almost unblockible, after Dalton every play. Was seriously jealous of those guys and what they bring to the table. If we can't get the QB we want, and took another d-back instead of a guy who can get to the QB, I think I will lose it.

Archived