Jets enter top 10

AFJF

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

I would guess that when luck is healthy they will play him and they will win a few more games which will pull them out the top 2 qb hunt. The tankers should probably be more worried about the bengals

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

well, if the bengals chose this route then either red ryder or mccarron will be free.  either of hose guys would not be bad although red ryders hair would clash with the jet uniforms.

40 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Do you trust Maccagnan to pick the right guy unless it was a no brainer like Darnold or Rosen.

No.

But I also don't trust Macc to pick BETWEEN Rosen or Darnold either.

Macc, to-date, has not earned my trust when it comes to the QB position.

Mismanaged Geno/Fitz.

Mismanaged Fitz resigning.

Mismanaged picking Hack.

Mismanaged not drafting Watson.

Mismanaged signing McCown.

The QB position has suffered under Macc.  Him having the #1/#1 guaranteed nothing.

40 minutes ago, Pennington said:

I wanted to tank not only to land the QB of our choice but to get Maccagnan and Bowles fired. I would feel a lot better if we had John Dorsey making the first round pick in the 2018 draft.

Well, we'll see what happens.  But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No.

But I also don't trust Macc to pick BETWEEN Rosen or Darnold either.

Macc, to-date, has not earned my trust when it comes to the QB position.

Mismanaged Geno/Fitz.

Mismanaged Fitz resigning.

Mismanaged picking Hack.

Mismanaged not drafting Watson.

Mismanaged signing McCown.

The QB position has suffered under Macc.  Him having the #1/#1 guaranteed nothing.

Well, we'll see what happens.  But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

I fully expect both of them to return and for McCown or some other scrub veteran to be the QB in 2018.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine Andrew Luck and Saquon Barkley next year though...

That would be heaven but we will need a top 3 pick to get Saquon. 

The one thing about this offseason is that are various possibilities for us at QB including Luck (if the Colts opt to go with a draft pick), Cousins, or high draft pick. We could even use our extra second round pick as part of a package to move up from 7-10 to 2-3. 
Some have said we could find a QB at 10, but everyone will know that we want a QB so if there is a QB the Jets truly want, they will have to break the bank to trade up and snag them before another team trade up ahead of them. 

Lol, guys getting excited over us picking a QB. Did you see how our secondary is being torched all year long? Yeah, that's right. We are picking a DL! And we may not hit an overrated jackpot this time around. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

I agree, but not at the expense any more of QB, Oline or edge rusher. Was watching the 2nd half of Pitt- Cincy yesterday. Dupree and Watt were almost unblockible, after Dalton every play. Was seriously jealous of those guys and what they bring to the table. If we can't get the QB we want, and took another d-back instead of a guy who can get to the QB, I think I will lose it.

Im just glad we didn't draft Vic Beasley. 

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Seriously, look at our schedule. There's a chance we do not win another game. 

Outside of at NE and vs. KC there isn't a game this team cannot win. doesn't mean they will but in case anyone hasn't noticed the league is pretty down this year.  we could be 1-6 or 6-1.  We beat a Jax team that is pretty good, took NE to the wire in spite of horrific calls against us. Atl isn't very good, Buf is average, TB isn't good, Car is up and down, Den can't score, The Saints are hit or miss, never trust Philip Rivers in a big game and it could be big for SD,.  the likelihood is that we end up around 5-11/6-10 but outside of NE and KC I don't see any games where we can't compete and have a chance.

I hate the draft, I wish we would draft 32nd every year.  it's so overrated by fans who get exited about players who may or may not be good somewhere down the road.  all the guys the fans cheer on draft day they will likely be booing on game day.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

Other than the Bills game, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost every other game left on the schedule.  Will 4-12 get us a top 5 pick?  I think it might.

Why the Bills? They're one of the better teams we have to play, IMO. That defense is legit.

Looking at the schedule we probably won't be favored for the rest of the season, assuming the Chargers continue to trend up. We'll probably win two and end up 5-11. Such is life as a Jets fan.

2 hours ago, Pennington said:

Do you trust Maccagnan to pick the right guy unless it was a no brainer like Darnold or Rosen. I wanted to tank not only to land the QB of our choice but to get Maccagnan and Bowles fired. I would feel a lot better if we had John Dorsey making the first round pick in the 2018 draft.

The Chiefs are crazy talented.   Dorsey would be a good person to add to the Jets Front Office.  Macc has done fantastic work at looking under rocks and structuring contracts (with Davidson), but the Jets need a bigger picture thinker/roster builder.  Yes, the Jets have given out contracts to players that they should not have, but they have been structured well (except for Skrine's).

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The one thing about this offseason is that are various possibilities for us at QB including Luck (if the Colts opt to go with a draft pick), Cousins, or high draft pick. We could even use our extra second round pick as part of a package to move up from 7-10 to 2-3. 
Some have said we could find a QB at 10, but everyone will know that we want a QB so if there is a QB the Jets truly want, they will have to break the bank to trade up and snag them before another team trade up ahead of them. 

I think this year's draft changes the QB drafting paradigm yet again.

Watson went lower because he was a spread QB (and arms strength), but he was a leader and smart.  O'Brien figured out how to work with him.  I think that pushes up other similar QBs higher than 10.

The Jets will pick higher than 10.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

I agree, but not at the expense any more of QB, Oline or edge rusher. Was watching the 2nd half of Pitt- Cincy yesterday. Dupree and Watt were almost unblockible, after Dalton every play. Was seriously jealous of those guys and what they bring to the table. If we can't get the QB we want, and took another d-back instead of a guy who can get to the QB, I think I will lose it.

What makes this more depressing is that identifying good pass rushing prospects is actually pretty easy, and has been for some time. The Jets just choose to ignore the evidence.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I’m not talking about for us. The Colts are getting a top 3 pick. They will get Barkley.

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

oh no....  we will pick in the top 5 and choose a DIV II QB no one has ever heard of and pass over the next Dan Marino.

To the Jets credit, Kenny O was better than he should of been.  For a 1st round QB taken in THAT draft where they took him, he should have busted and got everyone fired prior to the 85 season.  Instead, 1985 was one of the best seasons in Jets history.  Well until the playoffs of course.

But could you imagine what Marino could have done with McNeil, Toon, Shuler, and Walker?

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Sam is going to fall. Honestly think too 10 pick will more than likely get him . If he comes out or if you still want him. 

i don't know about that. The things he can do are invaluable. The turnovers are a problem right now, but it's not the same kind of problems associated with Josh Allen for example who teams will be questioning if he's even an NFL QB. 

I don't think Darnold falls out of the top 5. It's about digging to find out why he's fractured or struggling -- versus evaluating Hackenberg were you're imagining what it would look like the light goes on. We've seen what it looks like when the light goes on.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i don't know about that. The things he can do are invaluable. The turnovers are a problem right now, but it's not the same kind of problems associated with Josh Allen for example who teams will be questioning if he's even an NFL QB. 

I don't think Darnold falls out of the top 5. It's about digging to find out why he's fractured or struggling -- versus evaluating Hackenberg were you're imagining what it would look like the light goes on. We've seen what it looks like when the light goes on.

Per Albright, he aint coming out

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I get the feeling that Darnold will declare this year and it will be a mistake (and not all his fault).  He has some things to work on, but the USC coaching staff ain't helping him.  He does well when he gets the ball out quick and works the short to intermediate throws.  Similar to an Alex Smith type of QB.  But USC coaching insists on him doing RPOs and rolling him out rather than adding extra blockers and have him throw from the pocket.  The added stress of trying to learn and do something he is not used to and will not use in the future, is causing the frustration for Darnold.  At the end of the day, the USC coaches are focused on winning games and having the players conform to their way of playing football, which is their job.  Darnold has the idea that he is displaying his talents and developing those tools that will get him to the next level.  As of right now, I believe the two sides are at odds with each other.  Watching Darnold's interviews vs Helton's or Martin's, you get the sense that they do not have the same goals in mind.

As for Darnold leaving, I get the sense he is not on the same page as the coaches.  Last year, when he made a mistake he would spend a few moments to chat with Helton before heading to the bench or another coach.  It looked like they were working through the issues and trying to correct them.  This year, Darnold tends to ignore Helton and just heads directly to the bench or to stand behind the other players.  Just the other week there was an article where Darnold said he had to apologize to the coaches for a comment he had made about the play-calling.  But when the media asked Helton about the apology, he said he received no apology.

23 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Outside of the QBs and Barkley, are there even any offensive guys worth taking top 10 as of right now? I hear more defense this draft then anything. A couple OL maybe? We'll be in no mans land next draft probably and I don't think it's a terrible thing.

I would be fine with an OL if the QB prospects are gone.  But we have a history.  That is why we need to clean house in the FO.

15 hours ago, nyjbuddy said:

I get the feeling that Darnold will declare this year and it will be a mistake (and not all his fault).  He has some things to work on, but the USC coaching staff ain't helping him.  He does well when he gets the ball out quick and works the short to intermediate throws.  Similar to an Alex Smith type of QB.  But USC coaching insists on him doing RPOs and rolling him out rather than adding extra blockers and have him throw from the pocket.  The added stress of trying to learn and do something he is not used to and will not use in the future, is causing the frustration for Darnold.  At the end of the day, the USC coaches are focused on winning games and having the players conform to their way of playing football, which is their job.  Darnold has the idea that he is displaying his talents and developing those tools that will get him to the next level.  As of right now, I believe the two sides are at odds with each other.  Watching Darnold's interviews vs Helton's or Martin's, you get the sense that they do not have the same goals in mind.

As for Darnold leaving, I get the sense he is not on the same page as the coaches.  Last year, when he made a mistake he would spend a few moments to chat with Helton before heading to the bench or another coach.  It looked like they were working through the issues and trying to correct them.  This year, Darnold tends to ignore Helton and just heads directly to the bench or to stand behind the other players.  Just the other week there was an article where Darnold said he had to apologize to the coaches for a comment he had made about the play-calling.  But when the media asked Helton about the apology, he said he received no apology.

Wow this bum sounds like a real gem. Two years removed from high school, and this interception machine thinks he's above listening to the coach. Throws him under the bus for his poor play.

Yeah let's throw away the season for this sack of sh!t.....

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Wow this bum sounds like a real gem. Two years removed from high school, and this interception machine thinks he's above listening to the coach. Throws him under the bus for his poor play.

The USC coaches will beg him to declare for the draft if he has another game like last week  vs ND.:D

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Does he get credit for speaking in grammatical sentences and never having been arrested?

Archived