3-4: happy or ANGRY and why?

phill1c

5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'm largely indifferent.

Exactly the same.

Whether we go 4-12 or 7-9 we're a rebuilding team with a bad head coach, no quarterback, and a low-impact defensive line that as a whole is years away from competing.

SAR I

5 hours ago, Pennington said:

Wish we were 1-6 or 0-7 and in better position to fire Maccagnan and Bowles and get a franchise QB in the 2018 draft. Instead we are in no mans land once again; not nearly good enough to contend and probably not bad enough to finally land a great QB. This organization sucks from top to bottom.

THIS

I’ve been relatively happy this season. The team is playing hard, for the most part, and they’e eeked out a couple more wins than I expected. They’ve been more competitive than I expected. The offense is better and the defense is worse than I expected. They need a lot of work, absolutely, but there’s a lot of promise. I want to see them play competitive football for the rest of the season, but I expect few wins. Just don’t give up. Few things are worse than watching highly paid professionals mail it in.

If I were still in my 12-24 year old stage in life, I'd be ECSTATIC that we're OVERachieving and proving naysayers wrong. This "stripped down" version of the 2017 Jets are JUST as good, let alone More Proud and Play Harder, as the bloated $$$ veteran 2016 team. Naive and optimistic 'twas I.

NOW. I recognize there is a dearth of PREMIUM talent on offense, let alone at the Skill positions, and a VERY low ROI on a talented but "can't make the BIG Stop" defense. In addition, our Youth and lack of STAR power relegates us as cheap targets for penalty quotas by the Refs. 

I still enjoy watching my team play - EVERY Tailgate this year has been awesome, but I'm not as emotionally invested as years prior. If we win, I'm happy my Jets won. How can you NOT? The Jets won! If we lose, it's added capital to a draft LOADED w/QBs and OTs in 2018 (& as a Jets fan I've been conditioned to consider the foliowing spring's draft and how that may be materially affected by "events" in the current season - sad & unhealthy).

I SHOULD be more upset that we have choked 2 TD leads 2 weeks in a row, but I just see it as their growing pains and really have no emotional disposition at this point. I had family - Giants fans -  that were more upset about the loss than I was. I guess it's indifference, but I DO savor the win and can ride out the loss seeing that also results in a positive down the road. 

:mellow:

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

I had no problem signing him, I have big problems PLAYING him.  McCown should be an ultimate fall back plan ONLY...not starting.

If the NYJ were in this position playing one of the kids at QB, I'd be ecstatic

This.

Just feel so indifferent about this team knowing most likely they'll be in the same position next off season with some journeyman qb starting and another first round defensive draft pick.  At least it will be one year closer to Bowles firing. 

Happy, with touches of angry.

Happy:

- Bowles has shown a lot more than I thought he was capable of. (Integrating all these new players into a cohesive unit, beig more involved in offense with a first time OC, changing the culture, motivating players to play above their head, creatice ways to use Jamal Adams, etc)

- John Morton and Jeremy Bates look like really good hires.

- A lot of Mac's picks and signings/trades dont just look good, they're keepers (Adams, Maye, Shell, Ealy, Claiborne, ASJ, Kearse, Demario, Kerley, Leo of course even though not stat king this year, McGuire, even Lee has been improving.

- Special teams has improved

Angry:

- Petty and Hack are bad enough they couldn't beat out McCown, or that Bowles is going to play McCown a lot longer than big picture necessary.

- Wilkerson...

- Giving up 14 pt leads back to back to division rivals. Mark of a young team but they  have to finish games.

- How much better could we be with Quincy

- The 4th quarter punt in Buffalo. Just cause...

Genuinely just don't care.  I've begun treating the Jets like I treat the Knicks.  I honestly never thought it would ever really get to that point but I couldn't possibly care less about the games anymore.  I went pumpkin picking with my family and girlfriend this past Sunday.  Occasionally I hopped on here and Twitter to get some updates about what was going on.  Got in my car just in time to hear Bob Wischusen scream "THE UNTHINKABLE NIGHTMARE SCENARIO JUST HAPPENED, JOSH MCCOWN THROWS A PICK AND THAT WILL SET UP THE DOLPHINS PERFECTLY FOR A GAME WINNING, CHIP SHOT, FIELD GOAL".

Turned my radio off as quickly as I turned it on.  

This team is a disaster.  They have no QB, no head coach, no direction whatsoever.  We aren't close to being a contender.  Hell, I don't know if we're close to doing the right thing that will get our future on track, whatever that may be.  This "we aren't as bad as people think" or "aren't that far away" dream that some are clutching too is adorable and all, but it isn't close to reality.  For all of McCown's flaws, him and the offense put up 28 f*cking points and had a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter.  Then came the penalties and horrendous defense and the game was tied.  Bowles is supposed to be a defensive guy.  That should never happen to a team led by a more "balanced" coach, let alone a "defensive guru".  What happened on Sunday is far worse than what people have made it out to be.  It was a damning indication of the major issues on this team.

I have zero faith that either Macc or Bowles will turn this franchise around so I've just decided to stop caring as much as I can.  Sunday wasn't easy, but after I settled in and started having fun with people I love, I almost totally forgot the game was even on.  It was pretty good not being stressed out on a Sunday for once.  If I have something better to do, I'll probably just stick to doing that until this horrible franchise shows me that there is even a single thing worth being excited about.

20 hours ago, shuler82 said:

I'm largely indifferent.

The team is going nowhere this year, so what are they building towards? Can anyone answer that question? Who are the long term solutions on this roster? I count the safeties. Williams on the DL. Who else? Kearse?  Most of our young veteran contributors are in walk years (Claiborne, Davis, Sefarian-Jenkins, Ealy, even Kerley) Our 'stud' Wilkinson had been invisible prior to yesterday. Our recent drafts have produced very little. Our 2017 picks beyond round 2 seem to all be in redshirt years. Yes, great. We beat the Browns. We beat the Dolphins with Cutler being Cutler. We even got a surprise win over a pretty good Jax team. We might win two or even three more games this year. But the big picture aint pretty.

Couldn't agree more. Never have I tuned into games with so little care about the outcome. I think I would prefer they lose every remaining game because Maccagnan and Bowles need to be gone. They've been here three years and have zero to show for it. 

If we stumble to couple or wins this will be worst case scenario year.

No high pick

no idea if many young guys can play

bowles applauded for getting nay wins and given an extensions

now as far as the small picture is cornered, i have been overall very happy with the offense and disgusted by the defense.

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Couldn't agree more. Never have I tuned into games with so little care about the outcome. I think I would prefer they lose every remaining game because Maccagnan and Bowles need to be gone. They've been here three years and have zero to show for it. 

Agree 100%.  Jets need to clean house after we finish 5-11

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we stumble to couple or wins this will be worst case scenario year.

No high pick

no idea if many young guys can play

bowles applauded for getting nay wins and given an extensions

now as far as the small picture is cornered, i have been overall very happy with the offense and disgusted by the defense.

It is amazing how Bowles and Mac will both be rewarded for finishing 5-11

I was pissed this offseason. Didn't like the draft, upset about the lack of top end talent and, of course, the QB situation.

But I'm content right now. The games have been fun to watch for the most part, the back end of the roster looks solid, and one or several of the top QB's in next April's draft should be available when we pick. 

Jets trio among NFL leaders in defensive penalties

6:00 AM ET
  • cimini_rich.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- This is one list no player wants to be on. Unfortunately for the New York Jets, they have three players near the very top.

The category: Most defensive penalties in the NFL (including declined penalties). The leaders are:

CB Rashard Robinson, San Francisco 49ers -- 8

CB Morris Claiborne, Jets -- 7

CB Buster Skrine, Jets -- 6

LB Darron Lee, Jets -- 6

Can I answer with "indifferent"?

I've liked some of the things we've done, especially some of our young guys. I think we have some long-term talent on this team. I'm not saying it's made up of probowlers, but I do think we have a handful of guys that can really help round things out once we get a QB... And you need those. You need pieces in place when you get a QB, unless you want to rebuild for another 3-4 years.

But I haven't liked the coaching and the lack of discipline. I haven't liked the reliance on some of the 'old guard' still... I've also been disappointed in a handful of players that I had hoped would take more than a few steps forward, but haven't yet... And hopefully they start giving some snaps to Petty soon.

So overall I'm very meh about things. I'm happy that we've seen some improvement and some solid performances from some young guys, but not so happy at the coaching and some of the lineup decisions. 

Unhappy that we have three wins. Would be much happier if we were 0-7 and had a shot at the no. 1 pick. SF and Cle are hard to "beat" this year so maybe it wil take 0-16 but would have been worth it. Don't forget that having the top picks means you pick first in every round, a huge advantage. Always feels good to beat the Dolphins so there was so pleasure in that win but the Cle and Jax wins made me ill.

I know, I know....I'm a bad fan.....

Angry.

Angry that the team isn't playing good enough to win close games because of terrible coaching and and overall lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

Angry that the team isn't playing bad enough to have a realistic chance to pick in the top 3 of the 2018 draft.

Very angry if the team finishes with 5-6 wins and Petty / Hackenberg remain on the bench for the whole season.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, DMan77 said:

Can I answer with "indifferent"?

I've liked some of the things we've done, especially some of our young guys. I think we have some long-term talent on this team. I'm not saying it's made up of probowlers, but I do think we have a handful of guys that can really help round things out once we get a QB... And you need those. You need pieces in place when you get a QB, unless you want to rebuild for another 3-4 years.

But I haven't liked the coaching and the lack of discipline. I haven't liked the reliance on some of the 'old guard' still... I've also been disappointed in a handful of players that I had hoped would take more than a few steps forward, but haven't yet... And hopefully they start giving some snaps to Petty soon.

So overall I'm very meh about things. I'm happy that we've seen some improvement and some solid performances from some young guys, but not so happy at the coaching and some of the lineup decisions. 

Same for the most part. I still think that most of the teams roster is young, so that  lineup gets negated. The only 2 really old players are McCown and Forte.

Jets fans will probably answer miserable because that is their normalcy

On 10/26/2017 at 11:01 AM, ChuckkieB said:

Angry.

Angry that the team isn't playing good enough to win close games because of terrible coaching and and overall lack of talent on both sides of the ball.

Angry that the team isn't playing bad enough to have a realistic chance to pick in the top 3 of the 2018 draft.

Very angry if the team finishes with 5-6 wins and Petty / Hackenberg remain on the bench for the whole season.

Tanking for who?

I'm relatively okay with what's happened thus far.

I'm happy the team has a pulse and some semblance of viable talent in spots, that's all we could have asked for going into the season.

I'm also a bit disappointed because they totally could have taken the last two games and been in pretty good standing overall had the refs not screwed them and Skrine & McCown not handed the Fish a victory.

This team is kind of meeting expectations for me- better than expected but not THAT good regardless of that. They were never going 0-16. They may or may not get a QB in the next draft, I'm in the minority in that I'm not losing sleep over that possibility. Its gonna be a few years before the team is worth a damn either way.

Just looking at people to keep and people to dump after the year is done. ASJ, Claiborne, Kearse and yeah, Mac and Bowles are in that former category for me. Skrine and as much as I hate to say it Wilkerson are looking like they're on that latter one.

Archived