If not Herm, then who??

Thor99

There she goes again.

A perfectly good football thread about head coaches and jg, I mean gg, comes up with a post like that?

:D:):(:o:shock: :? 8) :lol::cry::oops::P:x:evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink:

oy Tx ... sometimes i just don't know how to respond when you are soooo bad :roll:

Herm is fine now because he officially has been relegated to the title of "HC/Public Relations." Donnie Henderson runs the defense with an iron fist. Heimerdinger is going to run that offense by himself. Westhoff will run specials. What does Herm have to do, exactly? Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right. Nothing. :lol:

I don't know 80..Henderson may be to Competent for

the Jets..Can he cook??:P

So....you want to give the Head Coach job to a one-year D-Co with no other record of top-tier coaching......a guy (if I recall correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do) that you slammed the CRAP out of Herm for hiring LAST YEAR?

Right. :roll::lol:

So....you want to give the Head Coach job to a one-year D-Co with no other record of top-tier coaching......a guy (if I recall correctly, and I'm pretty sure I do) that you slammed the CRAP out of Herm for hiring LAST YEAR?

Warfish why do you self-professed know-it-alls

always feel the Need to lie?? I even ran a "Hendu

can do" as my sig on JI! I wanted Marvin Lewis for

HC back in 2000 and was Happy we got a Guy that was

part of that Great Defense..The only think I busted

Herm about was taking 3 weeks to get the Guy he

wanted all along!! :roll:

Warfish brings up a very good point.

There have been so many posts about "Hendu leaving the Jets for a HC position" that it has become quite hilarious.

He won't be going anywhere for at least several years. He is not HC coaching material at this time.

Hell, it took Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel years to get a HC gig. Both their resumes are far more impressive than Hendu's up to this point.

But when the time comes, Hendu will have one very large advantage that CW and RC did not have.

Hendu will be available to interview immediately following the regular season where CW and RC had to wait until the team they coached finished winning the Super Bowl.

Herm is fine now because he officially has been relegated to the title of "HC/Public Relations." Donnie Henderson runs the defense with an iron fist. Heimerdinger is going to run that offense by himself. Westhoff will run specials. What does Herm have to do, exactly? Thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right. Nothing. :lol:

100% on the button. This is exactly the model we are in. Let me give you a TRUE story as told by Frank Gifford during the Giant glory days.

Gifford tells of being at the Giant training complex during the season preparing for an upcoming big game.

He says he walked down the hallway and looked in the 1st room and say Defensive Coordinator Tom Landry breaking down film, shouting game strategies to his players with papers spread all over the room. He walked a little further down the hall and looked in the room and say Offensive Coordinator, Vince Lombardi, barking orders, chastizing players and devising schemes for the big game. Gifford then walked down the hallway a bit further and looked in the next room and saw the Head Coach, Jim Lee Howell. Howell was sitting in the chair , feet up on the desk reading the Daily News.

Its all about the staff. :lol:

Herm is officially the ring leader the guy with the top hat and cane announcing:"and in this corner...we have a bearded lady a wonderment for all eyes to see..".he can be the guy tempting the curious to join the big top-that's all we need him to be-and to keep an eye on the clock.

100% on the button. This is exactly the model we are in. Let me give you a TRUE story as told by Frank Gifford during the Giant glory days.

Gifford tells of being at the Giant training complex during the season preparing for an upcoming big game.

He says he walked down the hallway and looked in the 1st room and say Defensive Coordinator Tom Landry breaking down film, shouting game strategies to his players with papers spread all over the room. He walked a little further down the hall and looked in the room and say Offensive Coordinator, Vince Lombardi, barking orders, chastizing players and devising schemes for the big game. Gifford then walked down the hallway a bit further and looked in the next room and saw the Head Coach, Jim Lee Howell. Howell was sitting in the chair , feet up on the desk reading the Daily News.

Its all about the staff. :lol:

Too bad Herm doesn't know how to read (poor guy). I think he's going to give the job of reading to him to Brooks Bollinger. After all, Bollywood won't have anything to do this season, and he did a good job of reading Dr. Seuss to the kids here:

brooks.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived