Bush going back to school: RUMOR THREAD

HuskerPatriot

It's pretty obvious. The real NFL ready RB at USC went pro. Now Bush is all by himself there and will be able to get all the carries. If he's smart, he'll put on about 15 lbs. this offseason and get used to playing at that weight.

oh NEVERMIND. It was a joke! I guess MICHAEL BUSH RB Louisville is returning to school. Reggie Bush is still going pro.

Still going pro? He was supposed to announce his decision today and I'm not seeing anything about it yet.

That's cause he's a college student, and its 7am on the left coast. Did you expect him to be up this early? :lol:

No, I didn't expect it. I don't expect to hear anything until mid afternoon. If he stays in school, that tells me that even he knows that he's not physically ready for the NFL like most Bush Light lovers here seem to think he is.

No, I didn't expect it. I don't expect to hear anything until mid afternoon. If he stays in school, that tells me that even he knows that he's not physically ready for the NFL like most Bush Light lovers here seem to think he is.

notice how nebraskans think he is too light,,, makes sense considerin tha ttheaverage Nebraskan weighs 280 lbs. (and thats the women)

14820.JPG

notice how nebraskans think he is too light,,, makes sense considerin tha ttheaverage Nebraskan weighs 280 lbs. (and thats the women)

14820.JPG

Any way you slice it, 6' 200 lbs. is light for a RB. Just right for a WR though...maybe a little short.

Just for the sake of arguement... the greatest running back of the past twenty years was only 5'8" and 200 pounds.

And like I've said before, there is a HUGE difference between 5'8" 200 lbs. and 6' 200 lbs. 200 lbs. at 5'8" is stocky. 200 lbs. at 6' is lanky. Plus last time I checked, his name is Reggie Bush, not Barry Sanders. There is always an exception but very few.

And like I've said before, there is a HUGE difference between 5'8" 200 lbs. and 6' 200 lbs. 200 lbs. at 5'8" is stocky. 200 lbs. at 6' is lanky. Plus last time I checked, his name is Reggie Bush, not Barry Sanders. There is always an exception but very few.

My point was size isn't everything. And Barry was far from stocky. He was thin. Everything was in his legs.

My feelings on Bush are that he has to be used properly. I don't think he'd excel as an every down back. He'd be best suited for a Marshall Faulk role.

My point was size isn't everything. And Barry was far from stocky. He was thin. Everything was in his legs.

My feelings on Bush are that he has to be used properly. I don't think he'd excel as an every down back. He'd be best suited for a Marshall Faulk role.

And I say if Bush isn't suited to be an every down back, it would be ridiculous to draft him at #1 overall.

And I say if Bush isn't suited to be an every down back, it would be ridiculous to draft him at #1 overall.

What back in the NFL is an every down back? While I don't think Reggie Bush would be the best every down running back, I think he'd excel as an every down player. Playing behind the Qb as the RB or in the slot, or something like that.

What back in the NFL is an every down back? While I don't think Reggie Bush would be the best every down running back, I think he'd excel as an every down player. Playing behind the Qb as the RB or in the slot, or something like that.

Edgerin James, Shawn Alexander and LT. Those are every down backs. Now, they may not handle every single carrie in a game but you get the idea. You can count on them to carry the ball at any time. I don't think you can say the same for Bush. He's light in the ass. The description you are giving is like a 3rd. down back. Flank him out as a WR and he might be a threat but I honestly don't believe he's scaring anyone out of the backfield.

I loved the idea of the Jets getting Reggie but after I sat down and stopped dancing around on cloud 9 calling him Barry Sanders....I honestly believe he's another Desmond Howard (JetMoses you da man!) helped me along in the process when he first gave me the idea at the Bills game.

The kid has skills, no doubt, but NFL calibear, I just don't know.

Edgerin James, Shawn Alexander and LT. Those are every down backs. Now, they may not handle every single carrie in a game but you get the idea. You can count on them to carry the ball at any time. I don't think you can say the same for Bush. He's light in the a$$. The description you are giving is like a 3rd. down back. Flank him out as a WR and he might be a threat but I honestly don't believe he's scaring anyone out of the backfield.

Edge has been injured more times than I can count. LT always seems to be playing hurt. Shaun Alexander is the only one, on the list you provided, that hasn't really been hurt.

I don't think the best way to describe Reggie Bush is as a third down back. I think he'd be great as Marshall Faulk. In the backfield for two downs, then split out on third downs.

Edgerin James, Shawn Alexander and LT. Those are every down backs. Now, they may not handle every single carrie in a game but you get the idea. You can count on them to carry the ball at any time. I don't think you can say the same for Bush. He's light in the a$$. The description you are giving is like a 3rd. down back. Flank him out as a WR and he might be a threat but I honestly don't believe he's scaring anyone out of the backfield.

with the WCO throwing to backs so much a smaller pass catching RB is suited to be on field every play. your point is valid if he goes to a more conservative, Parcells type team .

Archived