Will the NYJ be Better or Worse this Season?

Smizzy

Many things to factor in here. Will they have a better season next year?

Depends on two things:

1. Pennington's shoulder being ready for the season

and

2. Curtis Martin continued trips to the Fountain of Youth.

If these two things happen, the Jets win 11-12 games, otherwise it's back to 6-10.

I doubt there will be a 12 win team in the AFC East next year.

Looking at the Jets schedule, they have a bear of a road schedule next year, Jills and Phins look like the easiest games. Other then that you have the Patriots, Chiefs, Broncos, Falcons, Panthers and Ravens. No easy games there.

They are set-up for 9 or 10 wins if they play well and this is not a knock on them.

Well, considering we haven't had the draft, or June 1 cuts, it's a bit early to tell. But, the strong haven't gotten stronger. The weak have, but the strong haven't. And, there's addition by subtraction.

The Jets made huge strides, getting a new OC, trading for an actual number one receiver who had chemistry with their QB, and really haven't lost anyone from their playoff defense, which was pretty strong. Yes, they lost their right tackle and a DT, but I don't believe those were huge losses. KMac wasn't going to resign here, and the line wore down at the end. Fergie was in a contract year, looking for one more payday. Honestly, as of right now, they're on the right track, and should be a contender for the AFC East and one of the top teams in the playoffs. Should they trade Abraham, get something of good value in return, and make a signing or two, they should be one of the power houses of the East.

Friggn' healthy or not, he still can't beat a good defensive team.

BOLOGNA-Chad finally has some weapons now with his go-to guy back in the fold(Coles)and Justin McCairens too became his go-to guy the last third of the season.Paul Hackett's gone too and with a real offensive coordinator and the shotgun formation we Jets fans are gonna start givin it back to you cocky chowder heads this year.I blame Hackett for a lot of Chad's"inability"to beat the elite teams.How many times over the past 3 years I saw the Jets stall out at the opps 35 yard line.It was almost like he didn't have the plays for that part of the feild.We WILL shut you guys up a couple of times this year once in the playoffs and one outta 2 regular season.Mark this thread Pats fans...I'm standing by this prediction-your reign is ended...

How many times over the past 3 years I saw the Jets stall out at the opps 35 yard line.It was almost like he didn't have the plays for that part of the feild.

That frustrated me too.

1st&10: 2yd run up the middle

2nd&8: Sack for -6yds due to good coverage/bad routes

3rd&14: 7yd run on a draw/7yd pass to the FB

4th&7: Punt into the endzone

This pretty much sums up Paul Hackett's playcalling. I'm so happy we have a real OC now.

That frustrated me too.

1st&10: 2yd run up the middle

2nd&8: Sack for -6yds due to good coverage/bad routes

3rd&14: 7yd run on a draw/7yd pass to the FB

4th&7: Punt into the endzone

This pretty much sums up Paul Hackett's playcalling. I'm so happy we have a real OC now.

and then Rob to top it off we have these sh*tty friggin punters that will kick it into the EZ from the 37 gaining us like 15 yards what a waste.If Heimerdinger can score on 1/3 of those situations we can win another 2-3 games this year

Now that he has an Offensive Coordinator that will change. It is Hackett that couldn't beat a good defense.

don't waste your breath maxman. he won't acknowledge hackett being the problem. he'll have to learn the words of a new song next season though. :wink:

Ah, words of wisdom from a fan of a team that goes 15-1 and can't even make it to the Super Bowl. :shock:

Be fair Tex, the Steelers joined select company. They and the 1998 Vikings are the only teams to win 15 games and not make it to the Superbowl. :D:D:D

• 10 months later...

Archived