Just Say No...

4HCrew

to Mangini!

1) The Jets are a team that has a ton of personnel decisions that involve veteran players. The guy could melt just from dealing with that.

2) The Jets are team that lack discipline and conditioning therefore his first acts have to be strong and fierce. Can he do that?

3) From what I have read he does not have a strong background in recruiting and evaluating talent.

4) Has ZERO experience dealing with the media. Not just the NY media, any media.

5) Other than Rob Ryan who reportedly is staying with the Raiders how is he going to build up his staff? reports are he does not have alot of contacts in the NFL that are willing to leave their current positions and work for him.

6) Is there a reason why the Jets are the only team to interview him?

Just because he is BB's sidekick does not warrant giving him the job. I think the next head coach of the NY Jets needs to be a great communicator, fiery and experienced in dealing with the daily nonsense of the NFL. The next coach needs to be strong and demanding and not willing to let the slackers of the team miss work outs and then start on game day.

Even if some of my notions are wrong I just think at this point the Jets need a guy with more NFL experience than Mangini. I really would like Heimerdinger to get it but would not be real bothered by Tice or even Westhoff.

1) The Jets are a team that has a ton of personnel decisions that involve veteran players. The guy could melt just from dealing with that.

I would think that playing coaching in all those Super Bowls would be more stressful than evaluating talent on a 4 win team.

2) The Jets are team that lack discipline and conditioning therefore his first acts have to be strong and fierce. Can he do that?

11 years under Parcells and Belly. Everyone has something to prove when they get hired. I will take my chances with Mangini coming off a background like that.

3) From what I have read he does not have a strong background in recruiting and evaluating talent.

Terry Bradway is still here. For whatever that is worth.

4) Has ZERO experience dealing with the media. Not just the NY media, any media.

Cmon. If he has half the charm that Belly has, he will be a hit! :wink:

5) Other than Rob Ryan who reportedly is staying with the Raiders how is he going to build up his staff? reports are he does not have alot of contacts in the NFL that are willing to leave their current positions and work for him.

This is the biggest problem. This is why you leave Dinger and all the offensive assistants in place. Mangini will be calling the defense in his first year at least. He can keep whatever def assistants agree to do things his way.

Belly was without a head coaching job for several years. Need I say more?

Just because he is BB's sidekick does not warrant giving him the job. I think the next head coach of the NY Jets needs to be a great communicator, fiery and experienced in dealing with the daily nonsense of the NFL.

Herm was ALL OF THOSE THINGS. We need someone who can make our players better.

I have no reason to believe Mangini would do anything other than this.

Westhoff? Tice? Dinger? I think any of those 3 guys would actually be a step back from Herm. Dinger will be tough, but he has no experience and has proven himself to be a good, not great OC. Westhoff is a really good special teams coach. He has not shot.

Tice is a complete and utter joke. He is clueless and would make all the Anti-Herm people beg for Herm to come back.

to Mangini!

Just because he is BB's sidekick does not warrant giving him the job. I think the next head coach of the NY Jets needs to be a great communicator, fiery and experienced in dealing with the daily nonsense of the NFL. The next coach needs to be strong and demanding and not willing to let the slackers of the team miss work outs and then start on game day.

Even if some of my notions are wrong I just think at this point the Jets need a guy with more NFL experience than Mangini. I really would like Heimerdinger to get it but would not be real bothered by Tice or even Westhoff.

1. Personnel moves are a given in the NFL. The Jets do not have many FA's, and the cuts that some mention here athat are widespread WILL NOT happen, nor should they be expected. Personnel moves are least problematic of a new coaches experience.

2.The Jets have some built in core leaders on this club who are disciplined and realize what it takes in the NFL-Curtis Martin, Kevin Mawae, etc. These are extremely disciplined players and will be anb asset to a new coach like Mangini and can be an asset. The Jets were a disciplined clunb under Herm, even with teh exception that we hear about in teh weight room. That can be easily fixed.

3. I don't care how the guy relates to the media. All he has to do is report on teh team and abide by the NFL rules. Belichck is one of the worst at dealing with the media, and he makes it play. Mangini has been in this market and knows what it is like. You win and you are in in this town, lose and they will write bad things. Same for any coach, regardless of age and experience.

4.Recruiting talent is a college gig. It plays some degree in teh NFL, but the story goes, if you win, or if players agree with you, they want to play for you. From what I have seen, NE players say nice things about Mangini,

5. I hope Dinger stays on. Who is to say who his contacts are. There are a number of coaches, who were head coaches who can fill out a staff. Let's get the top job right first, then fill in.

6. I know that Saban and Crennel wanted this guy badly to be their DC. Belicjhick gave him a big raise to stay. That is some pretty good coaches who have an idea that like him-That says something.

Granted, this is not a slam dunk. But it is intriguing and teh Jets are in need of making an investment for a big payoff, rather than a safe play with little pay off.

I would think that playing coaching in all those Super Bowls would be more stressful than evaluating talent on a 4 win team.

11 years under Parcells and Belly. Everyone has something to prove when they get hired. I will take my chances with Mangini coming off a background like that.

Terry Bradway is still here. For whatever that is worth.

Cmon. If he has half the charm that Belly has, he will be a hit! :wink:

This is the biggest problem. This is why you leave Dinger and all the offensive assistants in place. Mangini will be calling the defense in his first year at least. He can keep whatever def assistants agree to do things his way.

Belly was without a head coaching job for several years. Need I say more?

Holy crap, somebody stole Max's computer.

A well-thought out, football intelligent post like that could never come from Max.

I'll bet Cubed swiped his computer.

For all that are saying Mangini has little experience- yes one year as defensive coordianator but he has 11 years of coaching experience-and has coached in New York and under Bellicheck so I doubt he is totally foreign to the pressures of New York if he wants the job

I say the Jets should take a chance instead of going the safe route that never seems to pan out. All of the other options are mediocre at best with the exception of Dinger. Tice is a bonehead, I would be disgusted if this guy got the job over Mangini or Dinger. Bradways head is firmly on the chopping block and he sinks or swims with this hire, so he better make it good.

Fear of the unknown again.

SImply may be these veterans fresh off a 4-win season after not working out, being overweight, getting treated like spoiled princes by a imbecile, need a fresh apir of eyes with the power to rip their sorry hineys if they don't straighten up. And I think a guy who was an NFL player in this situation like Tice is actually a negative.

They need a coach that will hold them accountable without fear or favor, and won't tolerate loopy babbling about the Super Bowl all camp. If you could play back the things this team was saying in August today Edwards wouldn't be able to get a job in football. It's good to have friends.

ABout dealing with the media-PLEASE! The single weakest reason not to hire Mangini. The Pats treat the press like a contagious outbreak. Spermie had them eating of his palms like deer at a petting zoo, and it meant zero wins. Wins will take care of that.

Let's worry about the things that really matter-does Mangini know how to coach football? Can he turn this mess around? And his pedigree say "YES" on both counts.

Fear of the unknown again.

SImply may be these veterans fresh off a 4-win season after not working out, being overweight, getting treated like spoiled princes by a imbecile, need a fresh apir of eyes with the power to rip their sorry hineys if they don't straighten up. And I think a guy who was an NFL player in this situation like Tice is actually a negative.

They need a coach that will hold them accountable without fear or favor, and won't tolerate loopy babbling about the Super Bowl all camp. If you could play back the things this team was saying in August today Edwards wouldn't be able to get a job in football. It's good to have friends.

ABout dealing with the media-PLEASE! The single weakest reason not to hire Mangini. The Pats treat the press like a contagious outbreak. Spermie had them eating of his palms like deer at a petting zoo, and it meant zero wins. Wins will take care of that.

Let's worry about the things that really matter-does Mangini know how to coach football? Can he turn this mess around? And his pedigree say "YES" on both counts.

Great post Bugg.

=D>=D>=D>

Listen, whoever they hire, it better be because of one reason and one reason only...he's the best HC for our team. Nothing more and nothing less. It better not be about money, saving one's job, or any other BS that has nothing at all to do about the best qualified. We need someone to lead the Jets to the ultimate goal...winning the championship.

Archived