WTF RYAN LEAD GUY FOR DC?

GREENSMACKS

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports there is some speculation Oakland Raiders defensive coordinator Rob Ryan could wind up joining his fellow New England Patriots assistant coach Eric Mangini with the New York Jets. Ryan would become the Jets' defensive coordinator. Ryan's contract with the Raiders expires next month, and owner Al Davis has offered no assurances that he will be asked back.

Ryan is a good coach - but you can't coach garbage players - which is what the Raiders had.

Guess the Jets will be playing in the 3-4.

Don't be shocked to see Mangini make some difficult cuts this off-season. He is much like BB - some of his moves will be considered heartless.

Ryan is a good coach - but you can't coach garbage players - which is what the Raiders had.

Guess the Jets will be playing in the 3-4.

Don't be shocked to see Mangini make some difficult cuts this off-season. He is much like BB - some of his moves will be considered heartless.

That would be a refreshing change from having a vet coddling softie.

If I'm not mistaken, he's Buddy Ryan's son. Another football lifer. The problem is ...what? Can some of you relax? By the way-his dad was the Jets DC the last time they won anything.

I was thinking the same thing,,the Karma is finally comin back baby,,,

A Ryan as DC fortells great fortune for us,,,

the only thing we need now is a QB in a mink coat

We want Mangini to run the defense. In order to do that he needs to bring in a person who will allow him a lot of input. Let him have his guy.

That's 100% correct.

He wants the defense run his way. That's his background - Defensive guy. So let him have a guy who has a similar philosophy on how teh "D" should be run. Takes off the pressure to teach his system to new coordinators.

Yea the Raiders' D wasnt all that great the past two seasons but can you name me 5 of their players? Exactly, they arent that good.

IN addition he has to coach under that moron Al Davis who dictates what systems they run. Ryan was brought in to run the 3-4 then after one bad season last year David demanded they go back to the 4-3.... After running some 3-4 fronts in the season opener this year against the Patriots Davis told the coaching staff after the game never to run the 3-4 ever again... That came right from Warren Sapp.

Ryan wasnt given a chance. I have confidence in the tandem of Mangini and Ryan.

THe same defensive coord. that lead Oaklands powerhouse D? I hope not...

I'm willing to bet you ate paint chips as a kid, but hey it's not all bad. If you were on LoveLine with Dr. Drew you would be diagnosed as being sexually abused as a kid. So ya got that going for ya :wink:

I was thinking the same thing,,the Karma is finally comin back baby,,,

A Ryan as DC fortells great fortune for us,,,

the only thing we need now is a QB in a mink coat

Can bollywood afford a mink coat on his salary? Plus he seems more like a PETA guy to me anyways...

Archived