New coordinators?

TaborJet

Quote from the Daily News:

Mangini is believed to be targeting Mike Sheppard (Saints) as his offensive coordinator and Rob Ryan (Raiders) or Jim Bates (Packers) for defensive coordinator. They held the same positions last season with their teams. Mangini worked with them in previous jobs.

What does everyone think of these guys?

Quote from the Daily News:

Mangini is believed to be targeting Mike Sheppard (Saints) as his offensive coordinator and Rob Ryan (Raiders) or Jim Bates (Packers) for defensive coordinator. They held the same positions last season with their teams. Mangini worked with them in previous jobs.

What does everyone think of these guys?

I like Bates...not too sure on Sheppard. Anything coming from the Saints is somewhat scary to me... :shock:

We are putting our immediate future into this guy. Let him pick whomever he wants. If he feels more comfortable with a guy from teh Saints, go for it.

I would not mind if Westoff stays, but I suppose that won't happen. Probably a new staff, from top to bottom.

Maxman I know you are in heaven with this hiring but lets be realistic...Heimerdinger wants nothing to do with the Jets now so Mangini isn't really doing anything special by hiring others. Let me see him get these veterans in shape and this team disciplined.

However that washes out - Mangini's got the reins and it's bed to lay in. I wish we could have seen 1 season of Dinger without Hoimy and with someone who could throw the ball. If he's smart, and I think he is, Dingers next stop is somewhere with a line and a gun for a QB.

However that washes out - Mangini's got the reins and it's bed to lay in. I wish we could have seen 1 season of Dinger without Hoimy and with someone who could throw the ball. If he's smart, and I think he is, Dingers next stop is somewhere with a line and a gun for a QB.

Denver. He is a buddy with the HC there. And the off coord (Kubiak) is strongly rumored to be geheading to the Texans, where Reeves is in control, and loves Kubiak.

Denver. He is a buddy with the HC there. And the off coord (Kubiak) is strongly rumored to be geheading to the Texans, where Reeves is in control, and loves Kubiak.

ya no brainer,, Jets in rebuilding mode now and Denver is in playoffs every year,,so Dingers HC stock is served by Denver to a higher degree now.

Archived