Never in my Life Have I Been LESS Impressed....

Warfish

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY THE _____ IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Who cares if you agree or disagree with warfish,Since when is ok to bash him into 100 pieces for his opinion?

Since when did we become the other board?

Get a grib and bring something to the table other than calling him names.

It's bullsh*t. I respect Warfish and his opinions. Since when are we in the business of destroying anybody with a differnt point of view?

ENOUGH. Either play nice or shut up.

Sorry you feel that way Bob. You mistake my issue with Mangina with my like of HErm, buit those are two VERY seperate issues. My liking of Herm ended the day he left the Jets employ, period.

As for my so-called "Credabillity", I'll put my opinions and viewpoints up against anyones. I know I've been right a hell of alot more often then most of my fellow forumites, and the last thing I need to feel speciel is the approval of a bunch of love-today/hate-tomorrow sheep-like Jets fans.

So "flush my credibility" all you see fit my friend (and I still think you a friend Bob) because I will not stand down, and toe sopme party-line just because this child of a coach once stood next to Parcells in the post-game chow line, and once showered in the same stall as Bellichek.

He has a MASSIVE amount to prove to show he DESERVED this job. How can you not agree with that? Do you really think he was better qualified that say, Al Saunders? Or even our own Dinger? Or half-a-dozen other much more experienced O and D Co's?

No way. The love of this move among fans continues to show our inferiority complex over Parcells/Bellichek, and our obsession with same. This kid got this job purely because he was a Bellichek guy. It sure as hell wasn;t his medicre-at-best D-Co job in 2005.

he has a ton more resume than Herm EVER had,,a TON!!!!!!!

Does anyone ever ythink Herm added anything to a game plan, anything. Anything to ingame strategy.

Well its prety obvious we have a football IQ gym rat who will at least be able to startegize .

plus Herm NEVER had a gym rat work ethic. He spent more time in press room than film room.

A job requirement of an NFL head coach is not to have a silver tongue, regardless of what our previous "leader" would have one believe.

I could honestly care less how well Mangini articulates himself. I only care about how good of a football coach he is. And as of right now, we don't know that for sure. Only time will tell, but it's ******* ridiculous to judge him based on a PRESS CONFERENCE. Living in the past, Fish?

The fact that we're already criticizing a flipping press conference shows how bitter we've become as fans. So the guy can't speak in front of the camera well. So what?? correct me if im wrong, but Belichick isn't exactly the Joe Blow PR guy either.

Judge him by how he does on the field and not how he carries himself in one press conference. It was the man's 1st press conference in probably his 11 years in the NFL. Lighten up...

Secondly, I agree with Smizzy, everyone needs to relax or this place is going to start looking like the Politics board on JI (sorry, Bit).

settle down smiz

warfish comes in from JI and blasts mangini over a press conf... that is his right.. I'm not surprised posters blasted his comments.. that is ok too

Mangini is not Herm and that is a good thing

Once thing WF forgets, is that Mumbles does not allow his coaches to speak with Media. Thus he will appear to be nervous and without polish... , this is acceptable

BTW ever here Weis or Crennel speak to media, they are lacking as well

Not sure why WF went off on him

warfish was not impressed with his press conference. that's ok.

i wasn't impressed with anything belichick ever said, but i'd fire [insert ANY HC in the NFL] on the spot if i owned [insert said HC's NFL team] and he wanted the job.

board: please stop bashing warfish.

warfish: please reserve judgement until there's some football-related events going on. or at least some semi-football-related events. or pseudo-semi-football-related events.

k?

k.

Warfish has a point.

We all said Herm didn't have enough experience when he was hired. We were right.

Hiring Mangini ,it looks like the Jets are doing the same thing. Hiring a guy with no experience.

Why?

Because he is BB boy.

Can't we all agree you see why he would be concerned? I can.

In this case the jets FO went against a retread and with a young fresh face.

Im willing to give him a shot and see what he can do before a kill myself. We went 4-12 for the love of god. 12 guys on IR.

IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE.

Fish,

I agree his press conference didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him on gameday. I got all fired up listening to Herm's introduction speech only to bear witness to some of the worst gameday coaching I have ever seen.

Mangini can speak like rainman for all I care if he brings a winning atmnosphere and a title to us over the next 5 years.

You're a little over the top with this honestly. I seriously think you need that break you mentioned a while back. Put some damn sunshine in your life or something. Get laid. Masturbate. Get Max to help you if need be, but for god's sakes smile or something

Fish,

I agree his press conference didn't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy. But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I see him on gameday. I got all fired up listening to Herm's introduction speech only to bear witness to some of the worst gameday coaching I have ever seen.

Mangini can speak like rainman for all I care if he brings a winning atmnosphere and a title to us over the next 5 years.

You're a little over the top with this honestly. I seriously think you need that break you mentioned a while back. Put some damn sunshine in your life or something. Get laid. Masturbate. Get Max to help you if need be, but for god's sakes smile or something

agree, chill,, its only the freakin internet

settle down smiz

warfish comes in from JI and blasts mangini over a press conf... that is his right.. I'm not surprised posters blasted his comments.. that is ok too

Mangini is not Herm and that is a good thing

Once thing WF forgets, is that Mumbles does not allow his coaches to speak with Media. Thus he will appear to be nervous and without polish... , this is acceptable

BTW ever here Weis or Crennel speak to media, they are lacking as well

Not sure why WF went off on him

I don't care where he posts. I had to edit comments in this thread and they were uncalled ofr.

Knock his opinion all you want,but don't knock him for making it.

Stop calling names and making insults. WTF does that have to do with Mangini and his press confrence.

I will not tollerate the name calling anymore. If you want to call somebody a name. Maxman,GOB,Faba and mysellf will be more than glad to take the heat. Fire away.

Pm me and insult me if you want. Just stop taking it out on fellow posters. I don't cane how frequent they post.

Warfish has a point.

We all said Herm didn't have enough experience when he was hired. We were right.

Hiring Mangini ,it looks like the Jets are doing the same thing. Hiring a guy with no experience.

Why?

Because he is BB boy.

Can't we all agree you see why he would be concerned? I can.

In this case the jets FO went against a retread and with a young fresh face.

Im willing to give him a shot and see what he can do before a kill myself. We went 4-12 for the love of god. 12 guys on IR.

IT CAN'T BE ANY WORSE.

I know Mangini was only the Pats' defensive coordinator for a year, but that is STILL more experience than Herm had before getting here.

This is an X's and O's type coach. One that will not take sh*t from players, and one who was groomed by two of the greatest coaches in league history. Yes, he's young, but it's a little much to brand him a failure because of a PRESS CONFERENCE, don't you think?

I saw part of the PC, and yes, his public speaking skills do need a lot of work. But really mattered were his ideas. Adjustments; meticulous gameplanning; learning from mistakes. When the alternative was having Edwards back or hiring Mike Tice, how can you not be pleased. WE HAVE A REAL FOOTBALL COACH NOW! And I am damn happy about it.

I know Mangini was only the Pats' defensive coordinator for a year, but that is STILL more experience than Herm had before getting here.

This is an X's and O's type coach. One that will not take Sh#t from players, and one who was groomed by two of the greatest coaches in league history. Yes, he's young, but it's a little much to brand him a failure because of a PRESS CONFERENCE, don't you think?

I saw part of the PC, and yes, his public speaking skills do need a lot of work. But really mattered were his ideas. Adjustments; meticulous gameplanning; learning from mistakes. When the alternative was having Edwards back or hiring Mike Tice, how can you not be pleased. WE HAVE A REAL FOOTBALL COACH NOW! And I am damn happy about it.

agree,, some people are so steamed over Herm being fired, YES HE WAS FIRED, that they now feel even worse when they hear a man with a freakin IQ higher than a coconut talk. They realize how wrong they were and for some reason wanted a clown to continue regardless of his utter lack of intelligence. They had some other non-football agenda I can't figure out.

Im not branding him for failure. I think he will do well. Next yr is going to be a learning yr.

I don't much right away but Im very happy and I think hes going to be a good coach.

fish is entitled to his opinion and shouldn't be mocked for making them.

That is my only point.

It's funny really.....Hambone is as up & down as anyone, yet never seems toi take any flack. For once in my time I am as up & down as Ham, and I get browbeaten.....and yes, agree or not I think I know my football at a similar, if not neccesarily equal level, to my good friend Ham. I know this......I am right on my posts as much as he is.

I think my issues are legit, but you are welcome to disprove them. His resume as I see it is thin, as thin as Herms if not more thin (Herm was Asst. Head Coach for 5 years remember). His experience is minimal at the highest level of football, he is very young (and does not seem to have the powerful presence of similar young guys the Chin in Pittsbugh or Chucky in Tampa (well, Raiders then). His biggest calling card seems to me (and from all the pro-posts I've read) is his tie to Bellichek.

Can he succeed? Sure he can, how the hell can I say he cannot? But his press conference did not impress me at all, and I am suprised it would inpress anyone. He was shaky, mumbly, unsure, unconfident looking and said absolutely nothing of value (those saying he showed "more football in 30 minutes" are full of crap...he didn't SAY anyhting, just standard issue non-speak BS, which is fine).

I admit, I am shocked to the 99.9% Love-fest he's getting here and on JI. I really am. And I'm sorry my "lack of faith" so offends you all.

And for th erecord, once and friggin for all, my issues with Mangini HAVE NOTHING TO DO with my once-liking of Herm. The second Herm stopped being our coach, I stopped caring about him beyond standard issue "hope he has a decent life" stuff. I do not want Herm back, even though I would have retained him one more season (and paid him more).

My issues with Mangini are with Mangini, and Jets Ownership/F.O. alone.

agree,, some people are so steamed over Herm being fired, YES HE WAS FIRED, that they now feel even worse when they hear a man with a freakin IQ higher than a coconut talk. They realize how wrong they were and for some reason wanted a clown to continue regardless of his utter lack of intelligence. They had some other non-football agenda I can't figure out.

Warfish doesn't have another adgenda. He's just venting.

We get your point southerjet, ok. We understand your stance on herm,his job & the rooney rule. Please don't make it your non football agenda here. Herm is gone.

It's funny really.....Hambone is as up & down as anyone, yet never seems toi take any flack. For once in my time I am as up & down as Ham, and I get browbeaten.....and yes, agree or not I think I know my football at a similar, if not neccesarily equal level, to my good friend Ham. I know this......I am right on my posts as much as he is.

I think my issues are legit, but you are welcome to disprove them. His resume as I see it is thin, as thin as Herms if not more thin (Herm was Asst. Head Coach for 5 years remember). His experience is minimal at the highest level of football, he is very young (and does not seem to have the powerful presence of similar young guys the Chin in Pittsbugh or Chucky in Tampa (well, Raiders then). His biggest calling card seems to me (and from all the pro-posts I've read) is his tie to Bellichek.

Can he succeed? Sure he can, how the hell can I say he cannot? But his press conference did not impress me at all, and I am suprised it would inpress anyone. He was shaky, mumbly, unsure, unconfident looking and said absolutely nothing of value (those saying he showed "more football in 30 minutes" are full of crap...he didn't SAY anyhting, just standard issue non-speak BS, which is fine).

I admit, I am shocked to the 99.9% Love-fest he's getting here and on JI. I really am. And I'm sorry my "lack of faith" so offends you all.

And for th erecord, once and friggin for all, my issues with Mangini HAVE NOTHING TO DO with my once-liking of Herm. The second Herm stopped being our coach, I stopped caring about him beyond standard issue "hope he has a decent life" stuff. I do not want Herm back, even though I would have retained him one more season (and paid him more).

My issues with Mangini are with Mangini, and Jets Ownership/F.O. alone.

cool respect your opinion but u would carry more cred if u realized a hell of alot earlier about herm and his low football IQ forever dooming us to close losses and bad strategy moves. U seem smart, just surprised u were content of herm after 4 years of learning nuthin, zilch progess,,thats what worried me most of herm, he NEVER got football smarter, NEVER.

My ONLY "agenda" is seeing the team I love Win a Super Bowl.

well thats a relief, i thought you were more concerned with hugs and kisses from a coach and public charity acts,,,

screw that , worry about that when u retire,,

Herm had all the intangibles I want in a minister, not a coach

cool respect your opinion but u would carry more cred if u realized a hell of alot earlier about herm and his low football IQ forever dooming ius to close losses and bad startegy moves. U seem smatt, just surprised u were content of herm after 4 years of learning nuthin, zilch progess,,thats what worried me most of herm, he NEVER got football smarter, NEVER.

I FULLY AGREE that Herm showed very little improvement on his specific issues in his tenure. My disagreement with his firing is based more on the competative nature of the Jets in his time (lowest penalties, solid "D", least turnovers, rarely blown out) as opposed to the unknown of a new coach, and especially the unknown of a young, inexperience kid who, frankly, I feel has not EAREND The right to be a H.C. just yet.

He has a MASSIVE amount to prove to show he DESERVED this job. How can you not agree with that? Do you really think he was better qualified that say, Al Saunders? Or even our own Dinger? Or half-a-dozen other much more experienced O and D Co's?

No way. The love of this move among fans continues to show our inferiority complex over Parcells/Bellichek, and our obsession with same. This kid got this job purely because he was a Bellichek guy. It sure as hell wasn;t his medicre-at-best D-Co job in 2005.

fish - this is a pretty good point, he does have a lot to prove. i think the majority of fans are just happy to give someone else a shot. herm had 5 years and a losing record, now it's time to give someone else a shot. let's see what he can do before passing judgement. the fact that he doesn't need a clock mgmt coach already gives him a leg up on herm.

i am really not sure how you can make any judgements after a press conference.

I was not for the hiring of Mangini nor was I impressed with the press conference. But none of that matters now as he is the new coach and all the fans can do now is support him and hope things work out. I am willing to sit through a learning curve as long as there is a strong foundation of progress. I do not want to go through head coaching 101 over the next 3 years.

Im not branding him for failure. I think he will do well. Next yr is going to be a learning yr.

I don't much right away but Im very happy and I think hes going to be a good coach.

fish is entitled to his opinion and shouldn't be mocked for making them.

That is my only point.

I don't know Smizzy-hey the Bears went from 5-11 to last Sunday-we DO have the easist schedule in the NFL next year..so don't write it off just yet

I FULLY AGREE that Herm showed very little improvement on his specific issues in his tenure. My disagreement with his firing is based more on the competative nature of the Jets in his time (lowest penalties, solid "D", least turnovers, rarely blown out) as opposed to the unknown of a new coach, and especially the unknown of a young, inexperience kid who, frankly, I feel has not EAREND The right to be a H.C. just yet.

thats all fine and good, but he was a idiot when it came to football 101 and ingame strategy and clock management. You cant overcome that with a injured team or on bad days,, wit hHerm everything had to be working. When u have a great strategist and game manager u can win on days when u dont have it or injurie problems. Its called OUTCOACH the opposition. We would NEVER do that EVER with Herm. Thats whay he had to go,

Bottom line - he is a football coach, not a public speaker. He admitted he's naive to some extent and is expecting to grow and learn. He wants and will demand players that are smart, disciplined, and willing to play a roll. He said more in this presser that had to do with actual football and team building then Herm did in the last 3 years. He talked about passion and excellence. I'm good with that, I do not care what he sounds like while saying it.

I think my issues are legit, but you are welcome to disprove them. His resume as I see it is thin, as thin as Herms if not more thin (Herm was Asst. Head Coach for 5 years remember).

I do not want Herm back, even though I would have retained him one more season (and paid him more).

Asst. Head Coach is a paper title. Westhoff is an Asst. Head Coach.

You couldn't give Herm a one year raise. He wanted an extension.

My disagreement with his firing is based more on the competative nature of the Jets in his time (lowest penalties, solid "D", least turnovers, rarely blown out)

i was following your logic right up until this point. this is the same second class loser mentality that created the 'same old jets'. the jets deserve a super bowl but you would settle for 'rarely getting blown out', 'least turnovers', and 'lowest penalties'.

lose by 1 or lose by 30 is all the same to me. herm sunk the franchise to new depths if 'rarely blown out' became the goal. it certainly wasn't the goal when parcells was here.

It's funny really.....Hamb*-one is as up & down as anyone, yet never seems toi take any flack. For once in my time I am as up & down as Ham, and I get browbeaten.....and yes, agree or not I think I know my football at a similar, if not neccesarily equal level, to my good friend Ham. I know this......I am right on my posts as much as he is.

Quite honestly, and this is not to disrespect Ham at all, I've prefered your posts in the past. You always seemed willing to debate from both angles and respect opinions that don't agree with you. Recently though you have taken a real hard stance on your beliefs without even considering the other end of the spectrum. So a post like this looks alot like a premature "I told you so" than a healthy debate. Still no reason for personal attacks.

As far as Ham, he is expected to be over the top and I don't take him too seriously. Afterall I figure he'll be dead right after the Jets pass up on Jay Cutler with the first pick. I set the over/under at 20 minutes before he jumps off a bridge.

Asst. Head Coach is a paper title. Westhoff is an Asst. Head Coach.

You couldn't give Herm a one year raise. He wanted an extension.

wow aint that the thruth. ast HC and he wasnt even a coordinator. I remeber back then reading that Dungy did that to give him higher visibility to other teams and to allow him to get a raise.

NEVER a coordinator, NEVER did anyone come callin for him to be a DC,,his chance came when Tags called the uberLiberal Woody to help the NFL image. No probelem with that, but they should have hired theexperienced DC Marvin Lewis.

Archived