Jets best draft pick in the last decade

AFJF

Who is the best player the Jets have drafted in the past ten years?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the best player the Jets have drafted in the past ten years?

• 1996 Keyshawn Johnson 1st rd. 1st pick
    • 1996 Marcus Coleman 5th rd. 1st pick
    • 1997 Jason Ferguson 7th rd. 28th pick
    • 1998 Jason Fabini 4th rd. 19th pick
    • 2000 Sean Ellis 1st rd. 12 pick
    • 2000 John Abraham 1st rd. 13th pick
    • 2001 Santana Moss 1st rd. 16th pick
    • 2001 Kareem McKenzie 3rd rd. 17th pick
    • 2003 Deways Robertson 1st rd. 4th pick
    • 2004 Jonathan Vilma 1st rd. 12th pick

Who was the best pick in your mind. Base on whatever you want. All around talent, or value for where selected.

(I didn't include the most recent class since one season ins't an adequate amount of time IMO)

Discuss

At this point it is Abe. No matter what anyone thinks of his heart etc., the man has been to the Pro-Bowl 3(?) times and is a premier pass rusher in this league. Hopefully Vilma will rise to the top of this list shortly.

PS: As of the time that I voted, 100% of the voters agree with me, so it must be true :mrgreen:

A good pick to me is taking a guy with talent later in the draft and having him blossom into something good. Anyone could take a guy with the #5 pick, but getting a guy in the later rounds who ends up being a pro bowler is a good pick. With that, I chose Kareem McKenzie.

A good pick to me is taking a guy with talent later in the draft and having him blossom into something good. Anyone could take a guy with the #5 pick, but getting a guy in the later rounds who ends up being a pro bowler is a good pick. With that, I chose Kareem McKenzie.

Same reason I'd put 7th rounder Jason Ferguson in the top three.

Difficult for me to pick one of our draft picks from the past few years...not enough playing time in my opinion to get my vote.

So, I'll go with someone that's not listed...James Farrior. Nine years and still going.

I suppose he's had the best career since leaving the Jets..oh wait, Santana Moss, Lamont Jordan... #-o

I don't like how Pennington was left off this list even though I wouldn't have selected him, he would've been my #2 or #3 option after...

JONATHAN VILMA.

This man has a very good first 2 seaosns in the league and is our version of Ray Lewis. A dominating ILB whose going to carry this defense for years to come and is going to set the standard for future Jets.

I don't like how Pennington was left off this list even though I wouldn't have selected him, he would've been my #2 or #3 option after...

JONATHAN VILMA.

This man has a very good first 2 seaosns in the league and is our version of Ray Lewis. A dominating ILB whose going to carry this defense for years to come and is going to set the standard for future Jets.

Pennington was on the list but the poll only allowed for 10 choices so I had to take a couple off and based on the fact that Abe and Ellis have missed far fewer games I had to take him off

Granted, Vilma is good. But I don't get the "difference maker" tag some give the guy. I mean, what difference did he make this year? Instead of losing by 17, the Jest lost by 14?

Come on Garb, give credit where credit is due.

Vilma led the entire NFL in tackles this year.

It doesn't matter that 85% of them were 7 yards downfield.

Ferguson dropped like a rock right before the draft, because of a hot piss test. He was slated to go no lower than 3rd round.

I will go with Vilma. To get a player of that quality at 15 shows some actual foresight from our FO.

Archived