What year do Pats and Jets performance bars cross?

SouthernJet

Garb you are a pessimist.

Not anytime soon.

Patriots have a young offense. From Brady through the OL and wideouts. As long as a capable everydown back, and in today's NFL that is not exactly a tall order to fill, the Patriots will have a decent enough offense to carry themm for awhile and allow the defense to retool a bit.

The Jets on the other hand are in a state of disarray. Questions at every offensive position and turmoil throughout it's coaching ranks.

....when the LB's age becomes a huge issue - 2008 sounds about right. Question is, which team will find a great RB first?

When the LB's age becomes an issue?

It is an issue RIGHT NOW and needs to be addressed in the upcoming draft and FA as a priority (along with RB) for the Pats.

Thankfully, the Pats play a 3-4 and can rotate LB's for situational downs. But Willie, Vrabel and Bruschi are no longer spring chickens.

Garb you are a pessimist.

Not anytime soon.

Patriots have a young offense. From Brady through the OL and wideouts. As long as a capable everydown back, and in today's NFL that is not exactly a tall order to fill, the Patriots will have a decent enough offense to carry themm for awhile and allow the defense to retool a bit.

The Jets on the other hand are in a state of disarray. Questions at every offensive position and turmoil throughout it's coaching ranks.

Time will tell.

Remember the PATS were awful against teams with a winning record this year. You may win the East again next year while we retool and Miami grows another year. Come play-offs though NE is no sure thing.

BB's ego also doesn't seem to allow him to bring in outside coordinators which at the end of the day may be his downfall.

As for WR I like Branch but not sure if you guys resign Givens so not sure how you are set at that position.

Love your TE's though.

As for WR I like Branch but not sure if you guys resign Givens so not sure how you are set at that position.

Love your TE's though.

I love Givens as a WR. Runs outstanding routes and is clutch as they come. I hope the Pats don't low-ball him, because if they do, he will be gone in an instant.

I love the TE's as well. Somebody on the Pats offense needs to figure out a way to get them more involved in the friggn' football game. #-o

When we become better than Pats? How about 2006!

Would you please break down your analysis as why you think the Jets will have a better record than the Pats next season instead of just making some blind, delusional claim.

The Pats just need to address two problems (LB & RB) and they are set for yet another Super Bowl run.

The Jets, meanwhile, have no QB, no RB, the worst OLine in the NFL, an underachieving DLine (led by the fat load bust DFAT) and a swiss cheese secondary once Ty Law leaves.

Not to mention an OC that wants nothing to do with the friggn' team.

So please tell me, on your 4th post, how the Jets will be better than the Pats next year? :shock:

Would you please break down your analysis as why you think the Jets will have a better record than the Pats next season instead of just making some blind, delusional claim.

The Pats just need to address two problems (LB & RB) and they are set for yet another Super Bowl run.

The Jets, meanwhile, have no QB, no RB, the worst OLine in the NFL, an underachieving DLine (led by the fat load bust DFAT) and a swiss cheese secondary once Ty Law leaves.

Not to mention an OC that wants nothing to do with the friggn' team.

So please tell me, on your 4th post, how the Jets will be better than the Pats next year? :shock:

Your the same PatsFanTX from Joke Insider. I got banned out of that site cause They thought I was EricBarton50 (which i am not).

We got your former Defensive coach! :pats:::GoJets:

Yes the Jets do have a QB. Brooks Bollinger and Chad Pennington. And you've been bashing Chad since I was back at Joke Insider. I know a lot about you. :lol:

Time will tell.

Remember the PATS were awful against teams with a winning record this year. You may win the East again next year while we retool and Miami grows another year. Come play-offs though NE is no sure thing.

BB's ego also doesn't seem to allow him to bring in outside coordinators which at the end of the day may be his downfall.

Love your TE's though.

There is truth there.

I do not think it is his ego. Obviously, he has one, but he wants a coach to adopt his offensive and defensive styles. Money aside, being the OC of the Patriots prior to this season would have been a nice job. Most established OC's would probably want some autonomy though, but Belichick has a system. This lessons the impact of losing coordinators as the offense should stay the same.

Your the same PatsFanTX from Joke Insider. I got banned out of that site cause They thought I was EricBarton50 (which i am not).

We got your former Defensive coach! :pats:::GoJets:

Yes the Jets do have a QB. Brooks Bollinger and Chad Pennington. And you've been bashing Chad since I was back at Joke Insider. I know a lot about you. :lol:

You still did not answer my question.

How will the Jets have a better record than the Pats in 2006.

And BTW, PennyBoySissy and Brooks Bollinger are NOT NFL QB's.

They both suck.

It won't happen 2006 imo. Anything that remotely resembles that will be due to the easier schedule the Jets will have. They'll beat some bad teams, and lose to playoff caliber teams. The records may be closer, but that will be an illusion. I'm also thinking 2008 before the two teams' stars cross.

Anything that remotely resembles that will be due to the easier schedule the Jets will have.

What "easier" schedule do the Jets have next year?

The Jets have the EXACT same schedule as the Pats with the exception of two games.

Why do you guys keep thinking the Jets will have an "easy" schedule because they sucked so bad this year?

What "easier" schedule do the Jets have next year?

The Jets have the EXACT same schedule as the Pats with the exception of two games.

Why do you guys keep thinking the Jets will have an "easy" schedule because they sucked so bad this year?

Which two games are different?

Okay, so this is what I'm saying:

Let's say that in the common games, the Pats go 9-5 and the Jets go 6-8.

But in the two more difficult games, the Pats go 0-2 and the jets go 2-0.

So the records would be 9-7 vs 8-8.

That gives the illusion that the teams are closer thean they are, but the Jets made it seem closer by winning the two easier games they had.

That's all i'm saying.

Okay, so this is what I'm saying:

Let's say that in the common games, the Pats go 9-5 and the Jets go 6-8.

But in the two more difficult games, the Pats go 0-2 and the jets go 2-0.

So the records would be 9-7 vs 8-8.

That gives the illusion that the teams are closer thean they are, but the Jets made it seem closer by winning the two easier games they had.

That's all i'm saying.

So how do you know that Denver and Cincy will be more difficult than the Raiders and Browns?

And what happens if the Jets go 1-1 against the Raiders and Browns and the Pats go 1-1 against Cincy and Denver? Your whole theory is then blown.

All I am saying, is there is no such thing as teams having an "easy scedule" based on a poor year.

So how do you know that Denver and Cincy will be more difficult than the Raiders and Browns?

And what happens if the Jets go 1-1 against the Raiders and Browns and the Pats go 1-1 against Cincy and Denver? Your whole theory is then blown.

All I am saying, is there is no such thing as teams having an "easy scedule" based on a poor year.

Unless they're the Lions, and they get Arizona every year.

It's much more likely that Denver and Cinci will be more difficult games than Oak and Cleve. If you dont think so, we can agree to disagree. And of course the Jets would have to win the non-common (easier) games and the Pts would have to lose their games (against the divison winners, of course on paper they are harder games! wassamattawithyou!)

;)

Archived