Disharmony in Pats land?

SouthernJet

"Pepper Johnson, the ex-Jets and -Giants linebacker, said to be upset at being passed over by Belichick for the coordinator's job -- vacated by Mangini -- in favor of linebackers coach Dean Pees."

Sounds like Pepper would be perfect for KC.

Pissed off, wants more money, explayer who cant coach.

Polish off that Rib napkin Pepper.

What is Pepper going to do in KC that he isn't doing in New England? He's sure as hell not going to be their DC either.

I told you, BBQ coach. 8)

He can join Donnie and KC can have the 2 most pissed off , chip on shoulder coaches in league. :lol:

I've seen Pepper in "action" and quite frankly he's too buddy-buddy with the players. Screw the players coach approach.

damn, then we have a perfect Herm assistant than.

"The officals have a hard enough job without me yelling at them"

hahahahahaha

Guess Josh passed the season-long interview process. :lol:

The New England Patriots announced that they have named Josh McDaniels as the team's offensive coordinator today. McDaniels has served as New England's quarterbacks coach for the past two seasons (2004-05).

McDaniels, 29, is entering his sixth season with the Patriots. Last year, the Patriots quarterbacks passed for 4,322 yards, the second most in franchise history. Tom Brady accounted for a career-high and league-leading 4,110 yards passing and earned Pro Bowl honors for the second consecutive season, the third of his career. In his two seasons with McDaniels, Brady has continued to develop as the NFL's premier quarterback, completing 622 of 1,004 passes (.620) for 7,802 yards and 54 touchdowns, while throwing just 28 interceptions. In 2004, Brady set a career high with a 92.6 passer rating and came within three-tenths of a point of matching that in 2005 (92.3).

McDaniels began his coaching career as a graduate assistant for Nick Saban at Michigan State in 1999. After two seasons with the Spartans, he joined Bill Belichick's staff in New England as a defensive coaching assistant who also assisted in the personnel department

You know, for all the bad things that are said about Bill Belichick - he sure does like to mentor his people and promote from within. He seems more than fair with his employees. He rewards hard work and talent and makes tough decisions when necessary for the betterment of the team.

The man is a genius! :lol:

You know, for all the bad things that are said about Bill Belichick - he sure does like to mentor his people and promote from within. He seems more than fair with his employees. He rewards hard work and talent and makes tough decisions when necessary for the betterment of the team.

The man is a genius! :lol:

Not sure how much talent that QB coach has.

Bradys yards were great but came in large part from always playing from behind against the good teams on the schedule. That and no running game.

His road stats were mediocre at best as well without Charlie.

IMO BB simply wants total control and this is simply a pseudo title for McDaniels.

...he pass stats were better, like you said, because the run game sucked. I thought the play calling was the same, actually. Plus, I don't get you people. If the system is the same, and the QB is alleged to be a system QB....well, what is the point here?

Lets take this one step further - the Defense was certainly far worse than the previous year when Romeo Crennel was the DC....so does that mean Mangini has no talent or does it mean that the Jets F.O. blows?

Or...gee wiz!!! Maybe, just maybe.....the fact that three of the Pats starting o-line went down may mean something? Oh, wait! Injuries on the defense you say? Wow..... :roll:

...he pass stats were better, like you said, because the run game sucked. I thought the play calling was the same, actually. Plus, I don't get you people. If the system is the same, and the QB is alleged to be a system QB....well, what is the point here?

Lets take this one step further - the Defense was certainly far worse than the previous year when Romeo Crennel was the DC....so does that mean Mangini has no talent or does it mean that the Jets F.O. blows?

it means Belly got a mistress and he was hosin her at midnight instead of goin over game films

nope...

1) I have it on good authority that BB spends most of his time with his "estranged" wife in their home in Weston, MA.....which I suppose, is strange, but not estranged... :lol:

2) It meant that BB and Pioli made a big mistake letting Ty go and bringing in Duane Starks.....I suspect that they had no idea that they would lose five starting safeties and three d-backs either.

It means BB and Piolo did a crap job fixing the mess of a secondary they knew they had from 2004.

Not entirely true.

While Starks was a bomb. It was tough forecasting the injuries to Harrison, Poole and Gay. I was not exactly worried about Poole, gay and Assante lining up for the Patriots before the season started.

The queston should be why are the Patriots DBs dropping like flies the past two seasons.

As far as Daniels, it is not like Charlie being there would have been a cure all for the Patriots woes. Jets' fans like to forget the Patriots' Offense only became great and dynamic last year with the addition of 1600 yard Dillon. The not even 800 yard and missing 5 games and parts of 3 others Dillon had the offense showing eerilly similar characterisitics to the average offenses of 2001-2003.

Daniels was a QB Coach for Brady so he should have a good working relation with him. Given this was Brady's first season without Charlie and with alot more responsibility, he did pretty good. Next year, he should be even better as it becomes more familiar to him.

While Starks was a bomb. It was tough forecasting the injuries to Harrison, Poole and Gay. I was not exactly worried about Poole, gay and Assante lining up for the Patriots before the season started.

I agree that Starks was a total bust as a FA. One of the biggest reasons the Pats secondary sucked so bad this year was the drop-off in play of Eugene Wilson.

He had his opportunity to take a leadership role when Harrison went down but he sucked eggs the rest of the season.

I agree that Starks was a total bust as a FA. One of the biggest reasons the Pats secondary sucked so bad this year was the drop-off in play of Eugene Wilson.

He had his opportunity to take a leadership role when Harrison went down but he sucked eggs the rest of the season.

True.

At best he might be a queit leader, he does not seem to be the leaders in the mold of Bruschi, Rodney and Willie.

True.

At best he might be a queit leader, he does not seem to be the leaders in the mold of Bruschi, Rodney and Willie.

PFSIKH,

I have no problem with a "quiet" leader who lets his actions on the football field speak louder then his words.

Unfortunately, Wilson stunk up the joint this year. I really thought he would have a monster year after 2004.

He looked lost out there this year.

PFSIKH,

I have no problem with a "quiet" leader who lets his actions on the football field speak louder then his words.

Unfortunately, Wilson stunk up the joint this year. I really thought he would have a monster year after 2004.

He looked lost out there this year.

Agreed. I will be more concerned if he does not learn from this in the event Harrison does not come back. I am willing to give him a pass seeing he came out a corner and played pretty well as a safety for two years.

There was alof of turmoil with the losses of RAC, Law, Bruschi, Mangini's shift from DB Coach to DC and Harrison and Poole's injuries.

The Patriots should trust Belichicks judgement. He seems to know talent at the coaching level too.

Did you see the coaching staff/front offfice he assembled in Cleveland and where they are now?

Scott Pioli, Mike Tannenbaum, Nick Saban, Pat Hill, Eric Mangini and I'm missing a few. Al Groh was on that staff too and then left to join Parcells in NE.

And let's not forget Weis & Crennell in NE.

By the way, how old is Romeo Crennell? How many more years before he retires and Mangini leaves the Jets for Cleveland? LOL

Archived