Seahawks | Another contract offer to Alexander; still no dea

Smizzy

Seahawks | Another contract offer to Alexander; still no deal

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:38:40 -0800

Jay Glazer, of Fox Sports, reports the Seattle Seahawks made another contract offer to RB Shaun Alexander right when the regular season ended. He did not accept the offer. If the two sides can't reach a deal, Alexander will be an unrestricted free agent in March.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Seriously though, was Alexander jumping up and down on the sidelines last week clapping the gayest thing you've ever seen?

Alexanders done nothing in the playoffs and struggles against good defenses. Sound familiar?

Wow, he puts up good numbers against the Cardinals.

:lol:

Seriously though, was Alexander jumping up and down on the sidelines last week clapping the gayest thing you've ever seen?

LMMFAO! I thought I was the only person who noticed that! :lol:

Did Alexander think he was at a tea party or a tennis match? That was the gayest clap I have EVER seen. He was jumping up and down and clapping like a little homo.

So now we sh*t on quality players who aren't on the Jets?

Shaun Alexander is overrated?

Peyton Manning is overrated?

Get a clue guys. Both of these players are the definition of a franchise player. A guy you can carry his team when need be.

Peyton Manning is a GREAT QB. TOPS in the league and the best Ive ever seen.

Yea...The Patriots dynasty has nothing to do with him not getting a ring yet.

John Elway anybody?

As far as Alexander being overrated. I have to laugh.

Is it any wonder why other teams fans come here and call us delusional?

So now we Sh#t on quality players who aren't on the Jets?

Get a clue guys. Both of these players are the definition of a franchise player. A guy you can carry his team when need be.

John Elway anybody?

Get off your damned soap box.

Manning, yes, is a great QB. But don't count on him to win you any games. He's not the best. Those calling him the best are vastly overrating him.

Shaun Alexander is overrated. He's not as good as people say he is. He runs behind a top five line, up there in Seattle. Is he a good back? Yeah. He's a good back. Is he an elite back? No. Put him on the Lions, the Jets, the Texans, or the Niners, he'd be lucky to get 1000 yards rushing (even though it's one of the easiest stats to gain).

Manning, yes, is a great QB. But don't count on him to win you any games. He's not the best. Those calling him the best are vastly overrating him.

Shaun Alexander is overrated. He's not as good as people say he is. He runs behind a top five line, up there in Seattle. Is he a good back? Yeah. He's a good back. Is he an elite back? No. Put him on the Lions, the Jets, the Texans, or the Niners, he'd be lucky to get 1000 yards rushing (even though it's one of the easiest stats to gain).

=D>

So now we Sh#t on quality players who aren't on the Jets?

John Elway anybody?

I totally agree.

Shaun Alexander: only player in NFL history with 15 TDs in five straight seasons = OVER-RATED! IT WAS ALL HUTCH AND JONES!!!! :roll:

Put him on Texans and he'll be lucky to gain 1,000? So, you are saying Dom Davis is better than Alexander? GREAT example. :shock:

Alexander has over 7,500 yards the past five years and has scored 87 rushing touchdowns. If that is all his offensive line, then the NFL should waive the five year waiting period and put all five of them in the Hall of Fame on the day they retire.

Don't count on Peyton to win games? You mean like the 13 straight they won this yr till the son of the HC killed himself?

Yea that should affect you at all. You guys wanna hate Peyton Manning,go ahead. He doesn't suck and he is BY FAR THE BEST QB In THE NFL.

How is Shaun Alexander NOT an elite RB? Put him on the Jets or Lions and he gets nada?

What do you think of Curtis Martin then? Lamont Jordan was a POS too remember and he'd never get 1k. Now Alexander is a bum.He scored More TD's than our entire offense did.

Are you typing just to see your words on the page or do you really believe that nonsense you just wrote?

Don't count on Peyton to win games? You mean like the 13 straight they won this yr till the son of the HC killed himself?

Yea that should affect you at all. You guys wanna hate Peyton Manning,go ahead. He doesn't suck and he is BY FAR THE BEST QB In THE NFL.

How is Shaun Alexander NOT an elite RB? Put him on the Jets or Lions and he gets nada?

What do you think of Curtis Martin then? Lamont Jordan was a POS too remember and he'd never get 1k. Now Alexander is a bum.He scored More TD's than our entire offense did.

Are you typing just to see your words on the page or do you really believe that nonsense you just wrote?

You mad?

Im not arguing this anymore, he is overrated. The guy racks up stats against crap defenses and struggles against good ones.

And I repeat, watch Alexander do nothing today. The guy has the emotions of a girl as well.

You put up some really great arguments in this thread Matt,Well done.

Im not mad. Im just not delusional .

OH & Even if Alexander does squat today....He still played better than any RB has the last 2 seasons combined. You can't argue the numbers.

What the hell is your problem today?

If Alexander does squat today it will only solidify my thouhgts on him. The guy isnt clutch. If he puts up a buck twenty and two TD'S I'll give him his props and say I was wrong.

The same with Cowher.

My problem is I don't agree with you and Im making my case why.

Notice Im not calling you names?

PS...1 game should make or break your arguement.

Did I stutter? Alexander is vastly overrated. He gets to play six games a year against those power house defenses. Y'know.. the Rams, Cards and Niners. Did you even take a look at that "tough" schedule the 'Hawks played this year? Just pathetic.

1 Sun, Sep 11 at Jacksonville L 14-26

2 Sun, Sep 18 Atlanta W 21-18

3 Sun, Sep 25 Arizona W 37-12

4 Sun, Oct 2 at Washington L (OT) 17-20

5 Sun, Oct 9 at St. Louis W 37-31

6 Sun, Oct 16 Houston W 42-10

7 Sun, Oct 23 Dallas W 13-10

8 BYE WEEK

9 Sun, Nov 6 at Arizona W 33-19

10 Sun, Nov 13 St. Louis W 31-16

11 Sun, Nov 20 at San Francisco W 27-25

12 Sun, Nov 27 NY Giants W (OT) 24-21

13 Mon, Dec 5 at Philadelphia W 42-0

14 Sun, Dec 11 San Francisco W 41-3

15 Sun, Dec 18 at Tennessee W 28-24

16 Sat, Dec 24 Indianapolis W 28-13

17 Sun, Jan 1 at Green Bay L 17-23

Yup... that "tough" schedule.

As for Peyton... the next big game he wins will be his first. If he's the greatest QB of all time, then he should be able to win when it counts. He's never won anything worth a damn. He's been a loser, ever since he started at Tennessee. It's not a coinscidence that Tee Martin won, after Manning left.

Face it, they're not as good as you honks make them out to be.

And John Elway sucks.

Did I stutter? Alexander is vastly overrated. He gets to play six games a year against those power house defenses. Y'know.. the Rams, Cards and Niners. Did you even take a look at that "tough" schedule the 'Hawks played this year? Just pathetic.

Yup... that "tough" schedule.

As for Peyton... the next big game he wins will be his first. If he's the greatest QB of all time, then he should be able to win when it counts. He's never won anything worth a damn. He's been a loser, ever since he started at Tennessee. It's not a coinscidence that Tee Martin won, after Manning left.

Face it, they're not as good as you honks make them out to be.

And John Elway sucks.

Is Tee Martin better than Peyton manning? Is that what your saying?

So now you need a Super bowl ring to be great?

Dan Marino...Trent Dilfer...Argument over.

Was Priest Holmes overrated?

I dont think SS was making the assumption that Tee Martin was bette than Peyton.

All he was saying is that Manning's had all the help in the world to get it done. College, and the pros.

Everyone said, "oh just wait till he gets home field" The Colts had it this season, and they choked.

The Colts have the most talent in football and they blow it every year because their coach and QB are soft.

If they don't win the big games when they're supposed to, then they've earned those labels.

Win games they are suppose to win?

The Steelers were a 6 point dog to the Bengals and a 9.5 dog to the Colts.

How are you "suppose to win" games when you are clearly the underdog?

I dont think SS was making the assumption that Tee Martin was bette than Peyton.

All he was saying is that Manning's had all the help in the world to get it done. College, and the pros.

Everyone said, "oh just wait till he gets home field" The Colts had it this season, and they choked.

The Colts have the most talent in football and they blow it every year because their coach and QB are soft.

Peyton Manning is a great QB. One of the best to ever play the position.

Regarless of WIns-Losses or super bowl rings. He is just that talented.

That is my point. Im not going to argue it further.

Archived