Seahawks | Another contract offer to Alexander; still no dea

Smizzy

Alexander answered the call today. I'll give him props. Ran well against a quality defense.

The thread isnt an embarassment. The guy had struggled in the playoffs. I like to see guys perform well under pressure.

and just because they don't or haven't yet doesn't make them Pieces of sh*t.

1 guy doesn't make a team. You can't blame 1 guy for everything.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never called him a piece of sh*t. I just felt he was a bit overrated due to playing in a poor conference and struggling against good defenses.

Alexander shut me up today. I'm willing to admit it.

Calling the thread embarassing was a direct shot at me and SS. Lighten up man.

I never called him a piece of Sh#t. I just felt he was a bit overrated due to playing in a poor conference and struggling against good defenses.

Alexander shut me up today. I'm willing to admit it.

Calling the thread embarassing was a direct shot at me and SS. Lighten up man.

Dude. it's not personal.

If Alexander can shut you up with 1 game...then you case was weak to begin with. He isn't any better than he was 3 hours ago.

The same thing will Happen with Peyton when he gets to a super bowl.

Nothing personal Matt. Just talking football.

Dude. it's not personal.

If Alexander can shut you up with 1 game...then you case was weak to begin with. He isn't any better than he was 3 hours ago.

The same thing will Happen with Peyton when he gets to a super bowl.

Nothing personal Matt. Just talking football.

Cept Peyton is never going to get to a Super Bowl. Everyone knows how to beat him. It's the same formula that Florida used for four years against him.

As for Alexander? He had a good game. I won't discredit him. I still don't think he's as good as everyone says he is, thus he's overrated, which was our original point, and y'all jumped down our throats like we stole your high school sweethearts.

You guys were kicking them around like they sucked. As Jets fans...I was couldn't understand how they are overrated when we root for Curtis Martin and Chad Pennington. Talk about overrated.

What does he have to do to earn it? Super bowl champion?

You guys were kicking them around like they sucked. As Jets fans...I was couldn't understand how they are overrated when we root for Curtis Martin and Chad Pennington. Talk about overrated.

What does he have to do to earn it? Super bowl champion?

Who? Alexander? Do it for more than two seasons. And don't be a bitch about it. Think Kobe Bryant.

Manning? Win a game that counts. Equate Peyton Manning to like Tracy McGrady or Lebron James. Have a ton of hype, have alot of stats, but haven't won a damned thing.

And, not living in New York, I guess I don't have the tunnel vision, to just focus on who's better than who the Jets have. I can also focus on who's better than the Lions have. And yeah, they're good players, they're not players I'd want on my teams. Why? First and foremost, their production does not equal the amount of money I'd have to pay them, which would make them overrated.

Cept Peyton is never going to get to a Super Bowl. Everyone knows how to beat him. It's the same formula that Florida used for four years against him.

As for Alexander? He had a good game. I won't discredit him. I still don't think he's as good as everyone says he is, thus he's overrated, which was our original point, and y'all jumped down our throats like we stole your high school sweethearts.

Everyone knows how to beat Peyton Manning. I guess in the 13 straight games the Colts won this season, the other team just let Indy win out of sympathy for poor Peyton, since everyone knows how to beat him.

And how are you gonna say Harrington gets all the blame? Perhaps I should direct you to this website: www.firemillen.com.

Who? Alexander? Do it for more than two seasons. And don't be a b!tch about it. Think Kobe Bryant.

Manning? Win a game that counts. Equate Peyton Manning to like Tracy McGrady or Lebron James. Have a ton of hype, have alot of stats, but haven't won a damned thing.

And, not living in New York, I guess I don't have the tunnel vision, to just focus on who's better than who the Jets have. I can also focus on who's better than the Lions have. And yeah, they're good players, they're not players I'd want on my teams. Why? First and foremost, their production does not equal the amount of money I'd have to pay them, which would make them overrated.

He won the rushing title. He set the NFL record for rushing TD's. He was the NFL MVP. He was the NFC game MVP. His team is in the super bowl for the 1st time ever. That was just this season.

He can't DO any better if he tried.

Everyone knows how to beat Peyton Manning. I guess in the 13 straight games the Colts won this season, the other team just let Indy win out of sympathy for poor Peyton, since everyone knows how to beat him.

And how are you gonna say Harrington gets all the blame? Perhaps I should direct you to this website: www.firemillen.com.

Um... who's watched the Lions every year since he was born? Nationally, you guys don't get it. You honestly don't. The two hardest positions in pro sports are Red Wings goalie and Lions QB. Without question.

And the reason Harrington got off was a combination of things, which if you go back and read, I called: Poor coaching, poor talent, and a lack of discipline. While I don't think it was all Matt's fault, he should get the majority of the blame. I blame Mooch. He allowed the locker room become divided. He ran a very soft camp, with a young team, which was retarded, and he constantly allowed and threw his QB under the bus. You thought Herm was bad? Mooch was way worse.

And, we all know the regular season means everything. When it counts, has Manning won anything? Never. Being the SEC honk you are, you should know that. Whenever Peyton's in a big game, he sees orange and blue. The Steelers and the Pats provided the blue prints to beat the Colts. It's not my fault no one else bothered to use it.

You think people outside of Michigan gives a Sh#t about the Redwings? Or the lions?

:lol:

This is where I remind you that we root for Little Brother... :wink:

And, you'd be suprised how popular the Wings are. They sell out every arena they play in. So, apparently, people do give a sh*t. Just cause you hate on hockey, doesn't mean it's not a vaild sport. Besides... know your place, or I'll have Triple G put the beat down on ya, hockey style :wink:

Um... who's watched the Lions every year since he was born? Nationally, you guys don't get it. You honestly don't. The two hardest positions in pro sports are Red Wings goalie and Lions QB. Without question.

And the reason Harrington got off was a combination of things, which if you go back and read, I called: Poor coaching, poor talent, and a lack of discipline. While I don't think it was all Matt's fault, he should get the majority of the blame. I blame Mooch. He allowed the locker room become divided. He ran a very soft camp, with a young team, which was retarded, and he constantly allowed and threw his QB under the bus. You thought Herm was bad? Mooch was way worse.

And, we all know the regular season means everything. When it counts, has Manning won anything? Never. Being the SEC honk you are, you should know that. Whenever Peyton's in a big game, he sees orange and blue. The Steelers and the Pats provided the blue prints to beat the Colts. It's not my fault no one else bothered to use it.

First of all, let me let you in on a little secret. I was a Lions fan when I was a kid. I remember Scott Mitchell's fat ass holding the ball near his crotch on QB sneaks, I remember the day Herman Moore broke Sterling Sharpe's receptions record against Tampa Bay, I remember Barry Sanders rushing for 194 yards on MNF against Dallas during the heydey of their dynasty, I remember throwing down my remote and shattering it into a million pieces whenever they got their asses stomped by the Eagles in the playoffs.

So don't talk to me about how I don't know it's like, because believe me, I know, brother.

The past three years, most people have agreed following the draft that the Lions drafts were among the best. Millen surrounded Harrington with as more young talent as any other team in the league and he hasn't donw squat with it. Yes, Mooch was a major problem and I have said that before. He's a sh*tty coach, always has been. But I am tired of your constant defense of Harrington, who has done nothing but disapoint since being drafted.

This is where I remind you that we root for Little Brother... :wink:

And, you'd be suprised how popular the Wings are. They sell out every arena they play in. So, apparently, people do give a Sh#t. Just cause you hate on hockey, doesn't mean it's not a vaild sport. Besides... know your place, or I'll have Triple G put the beat down on ya, hockey style :wink:

I know my place. It's right bewtween GOB and the snack table in the lounge.Im boxing out.

First of all, let me let you in on a little secret. I was a Lions fan when I was a kid. I remember Scott Mitchell's fat a$$ holding the ball near his crotch on QB sneaks, I remember the day Herman Moore broke Sterling Sharpe's receptions record against Tampa Bay, I remember Barry Sanders rushing for 194 yards on MNF against Dallas during the heydey of their dynasty, I remember throwing down my remote and shattering it into a million pieces whenever they got their asses stomped by the Eagles in the playoffs.

So don't talk to me about how I don't know it's like, because believe me, I know, brother.

The past three years, most people have agreed following the draft that the Lions drafts were among the best. Millen surrounded Harrington with as more young talent as any other team in the league and he hasn't donw squat with it. Yes, Mooch was a major problem and I have said that before. He's a sh*tty coach, always has been. But I am tired of your constant defense of Harrington, who has done nothing but disapoint since being drafted.

You're so full of sh*t, your eyes are brown. You may or may not have been a Lions fan when you were a kid, but guess what? You don't live here. I do. That gives me a better view on things. May sound elitest, but it's the truth. Here's more truth. The offense is young, and they've received poor coaching. In every aspect. But, I'm constantly defending Harrington, so I'm obviously wrong. I'm sick of your constant defense of the SEC, David Carr, and apparently, everything and anything that opposes my point of view. David Carr has had it much better than Joey Harrington. He's actually had a running game and a WR who has played.

I do not profess to know as much about the Lions as you do, just as you don't know as much about the Saints or Texans as me.

My point was that I am tired of your arrogant, know-it-all posts concerning the Lions. You act like you are the only person on the board that has ever seen a Lions game, and as I pointed out, you are not.

You take things WAY too personally. I am here to talk about football. I am not going to fly to Detroit and hit you in the face because you have an opinion that's not based in fact. :wink:

Let's just put this behind us, because we are obviously not going to agree on how awesome Shaun Alexander is. Truce?

I do not profess to know as much about the Lions as you do, just as you don't know as much about the Saints or Texans as me.

My point was that I am tired of your arrogant, know-it-all posts concerning the Lions. You act like you are the only person on the board that has ever seen a Lions game, and as I pointed out, you are not.

You take things WAY too personally. I am here to talk about football. I am not going to fly to Detroit and hit you in the face because you have an opinion that's not based in fact. :wink:

Let's just put this behind us, because we are obviously not going to agree on how awesome Shaun Alexander is. Truce?

It's not know-it-all about the Lions. It's the fact that you guys really have no idea what you're talking about, when it comes to the Lions. That's the honest truth. You guys call it arrogance, whatever... it's not. It's "I've got nothing better to do, except watch the Lions and hear about the Lions all damned football season". That and being sick and tired of the beating that Joey Harrington takes nationwide, when the teflon Don, David Carr, seems to have nothing stick to him. It's all his offensive lines fault. He's not go offensive weapons. The same stuff applies to Joey... except no one believes it. It's maddening.

I could go into why I feel as if Alexander is overrated. I found a new angle this morning, but I won't. right now, I honestly don't care.

Truce.

Archived