Jets interested in Givens & Ashworth?

TaborJet

If that's supposed to Mangini coaching the Jets in your avatar, why are Martin & Pennington still there?

Spermy, I meant to tell you earlier...I love your signature. And I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hermy/Spermy didn't say to the cry baby that much different than "Don't forget that jacket's mine in January".

Same. No need to bring in a top 2 receiver when we don't know who's gonna be getting him the football. Will be interesting to see what happens with Cotch next year

After this year, Cotch will be begging for Bollinger. Cotch has never seen so many passes in his time here. :lol: Cotch didn't look bad this year really, I'd be interested to see how he does next year.

McCarriens will not survive on this team - I predict he will not be on the opening day roster. Therefor the Jets only will have 2 WR's Cotchery, and Coles. They will need to get a couple more WR's. The o-line needs no further analysis - it is a disaster. I would take both of them.

Ashworth would be exactly what we need. A solid right tackle that can anchor the run. He'd be much cheaper then that overrated tackle people want to get with pick #4.

Interesting, you keep blabbing about how the Jets need a big road grader right tackle...well...

Ashworth - Solid run blocker, nothing special. 6'6 305

Adrian Jones - 6'4 300 with room to grow

I'd pass on either 1 of these guys. Get Dbrick in here, and put Jones at right tackle.

Interesting, you keep blabbing about how the Jets need a big road grader right tackle...well...

I'd pass on either 1 of these guys. Get Dbrick in here, and put Jones at right tackle.

You've seen the signs that say don't feed the dogs, right? Well... think like that, just don't debate with Foley. He'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience :wink:

Im not saying Jones can't play right tackle because of his size I am just saying he can't play right tackle in general. Hes a natural left tackle..Im not an expert on oline, but a natural left tackle has nothing to do with weight it has more to do where his natural first step is.

If you get D'Brick you aren't going to see much of Adrian Jones. You also forget the contract we are going to have to give D'Brick.

I'd take either one, especially Givens. He is the #2 reciever we have not had since Keyshawn left.

It would be high time the Jets went with a proven commodity, rather than potential (McCareins, Hatchette) or an over-the-hill guy on his last legs (Conway).

You guys can't be serious about wanting Ashworth. Guess who's man came free on that int. in the Broncos game? Yep, you guessed it, Ashworth. He failed to even acknowledge the mans existance as he ran right past him. Ashworth wouldn't even see the field if it wasn't for Light being on IR. He does have real good hands though for those sneaky goal line plays. You can have him as long as you don't take Givens too.

I was going to say the same thing Alk. Losing Ashworth would mean nothing. However, losing Neal (the best wrestler turned lineman in the league) would hurt. He is an unrestricted FA too, right?

Pats will try to keep Givens - but me thinks he'll go for the really big bucks....and surely it will be out there. Do the Jets have really big bucks to throw around?

Sure they do Grab.

When you are already $26-$30 mil over the cap, what's another $4 or $5 mil?

Like TB said - the Salary Cap is like a Credit Card. You can pay it all off at once or pay on it over time. The Jets think that when the Cred Card company increases their credit limit, that's license to charge more. :lol:

.....TX, should be interesting to see what the Pats do with their cap situation. However, I have one idea that would help. Duane Starks' salary accounts for 5 million.....guess what I would do with him? :lol: McGinest counts for 8.4 million and I suspect he will be asked to restructure again (and I can almost guarantee that he will). Fauria - gone, Troy Brown - gone (retirement). My only concern is signing Adam Vinatieri.

.....TX, should be interesting to see what the Pats do with their cap situation. However, I have one idea that would help. Duane Starks' salary accounts for 5 million.....guess what I would do with him? :lol: McGinest counts for 8.4 million and I suspect he will be asked to restructure again (and I can almost guarantee that he will). Fauria - gone, Troy Brown - gone (retirement). My only concern is signing Adam Vinatieri.

Garb, TX is not aware Starks is still a Patriot.

I think you are right on Garb.

Willie's is a huge hit that needs to be reworked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats tag AV once again and give him a 20% raise.

I think you are right on Garb.

Willie's is a huge hit that needs to be reworked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats tag AV once again and give him a 20% raise.

If they tag Vinatieri again I will be pissed. No way am I going to pay my kicker $3 million for 1 season. They should make him a fair offer, if he says no thanks, let him walk. We don't need a clutch kicker now as badly as we did in 01'.

If they tag Vinatieri again I will be pissed. No way am I going to pay my kicker $3 million for 1 season. They should make him a fair offer, if he says no thanks, let him walk. We don't need a clutch kicker now as badly as we did in 01'.

Husker, you do bring up a good point about $3 mil for one year.

However, if the Pats offer AV a longer term deal, it will get blown away by some other team out there and AV leaves.

I say tag him for one more season and then let the chips fall where they may.

Husker, you do bring up a good point about $3 mil for one year.

However, if the Pats offer AV a longer term deal, it will get blown away by some other team out there and AV leaves.

I say tag him for one more season and then let the chips fall where they may.

I wouldn't tag him period. Offer him $2 million per season for the rest of his career. If he balks, give Ryan Longwell a call. I do not want to see this team get bullied around by a freakin' kicker this offseason. We need to get young at alot of positions.

I wouldn't tag him period. Offer him $2 million per season for the rest of his career. If he balks, give Ryan Longwell a call. I do not want to see this team get bullied around by a freakin' kicker this offseason. We need to get young at alot of positions.

Damn Husker, you are more of a hardass then me. #-o

Damn Husker, you are more of a hardass then me. #-o

Hey, if it was someone who was on the field at least 50% of the time, I could see paying that kind of money but come on. Ryan Longwell has nearly the same career percentage, has played in Green Bay his entire career and has only been getting half of what Vinatieri got last season.

Hey, if it was someone who was on the field at least 50% of the time, I could see paying that kind of money but come on. Ryan Longwell has nearly the same career percentage, has played in Green Bay his entire career and has only been getting half of what Vinatieri got last season.

Damn, I just got owned by a friggn' Pats fan. :shock:

Archived