If Pittsburgh gets killed today Cowher should be fired

nj meadowlands

Yeah yeah, I know he's had his team as a perennial playoff contender. But seriously, what's his record in AFC title games? If they lose today it will be at least 1-5.

I personally am a believer of the Bill Walsh school of football philosophy. You coach a team for 10 years, then you have to move on. Cowher's been there for like 15 years. If they get killed today, he should be out...

Yeah yeah, I know he's had his team as a perennial playoff contender. But seriously, what's his record in AFC title games? If they lose today it will be at least 1-5.

I personally am a believer of the Bill Walsh school of football philosophy. You coach a team for 10 years, then you have to move on. Cowher's been there for like 15 years. If they get killed today, he should be out...

I agree.

Cowher has only beaten two quality football teams on the road the past two weekends with tremendous defensive game plans an a very aggressive offense.

Can the bum if he can't win todays game. #-o

Cowher is a very under-rated coach. How many Pittsburgh offensive and defensive coordinators have become head coaches elsewhere? That team seems to go through so many changes, coaching-wise, but Cowher is the one constant. For 14 years that team has been a pound-the-ball, throw in an innovative trick play now and again, play swarming defense football team.

Cowher is a GREAT coach. To play in 6 championship games in 14 years is astonishing, particularly in the salary-cap era.

Cowher is a very under-rated coach. How many Pittsburgh offensive and defensive coordinators have become head coaches elsewhere? That team seems to go through so many changes, coaching-wise, but Cowher is the one constant. For 14 years that team has been a pound-the-ball, throw in an innovative trick play now and again, play swarming defense football team.

Cowher is a GREAT coach. To play in 6 championship games in 14 years is astonishing, particularly in the salary-cap era.

I couldn't agree more Troll.

Also keep in mind that the Steelers have traditionally been big penny-pinchers when it comes to FA.

They've lost quite a few quality players and the beat continues to go on year after year.

I couldn't agree more Troll.

Also keep in mind that the Steelers have traditionally been big penny-pinchers when it comes to FA.

They've lost quite a few quality players and the beat continues to go on year after year.

That's true. And they're always contending. And he's been to a Super Bowl. It's not his fault Neil O'Donnell was his QB.

And to the point of a great running game, stout defense, and a QB that manages a game well... don't forget that Ben is only in his second year. It's not an excuse, it's a fact. And, that defense will carry the team.

Cowhers a choker, plain and simple.

Steelers ahve been pushed around at home a few times during AFC Championship games. I mean, lose to the Chargers at home, a joke.

The team also was lucky to beat the Jim Harbuagh Colts the year after. If whats his name catches that Hail Mary, Cowher would have never seen a Super Bowl.

Cowhers won as much as Herm has.

Losing 5 AFC Championship games is choking.

You consider the Bills chokers, no?

Herm: 39-41, 2-3 in playoffs

Cowher: 141-82-1, 10-9 in playoffs

So aside from over ONE HUNDRED more career victories than Edwards, he also has five times as many postseason wins, an AFC championship trophy that might have been a Lombardi trophy had Neil O'Donnell not been paid off by Jerry Jones. Cowher has also made it to the AFC Championship (the place Herm fears to tread) six times.

Another interesting playoff fact about Cowher: the Steelers have not been one and done since 1993.

Herm: 39-41, 2-3 in playoffs

Cowher: 141-82-1, 10-9 in playoffs

So aside from over ONE HUNDRED more career victories than Edwards, he also has five times as many postseason wins, an AFC championship trophy that might have been a Lombardi trophy had Neil O'Donnell not been paid off by Jerry Jones. Cowher has also made it to the AFC Championship (the place Herm fears to tread) six times.

Another interesting playoff fact about Cowher: the Steelers have not been one and done since 1993.

Matt39- Please step away from the keyboard. You have lost your mind and need help ASAP.

Steelers have remained competitive and good through the Cowher years- especially after losing players to free agency just about every year. No they have not won the title but their run of success is up there with just about any team in the league- getting the most out of their squad without real so called super stars

Smizzys mad.

Cowher needs to win the big one. Thats my point.

You just said Cohwer = Herm dude....That is so far from accurate I don't know what else to tell you.

Why do you insist Im mad?

You're just wrong. Isn't that a possiblity?

You just said Cohwer = Herm dude....That is so far from accurate I don't know what else to tell you.

Why do you insist Im mad?

You're just wrong. Isn't that a possiblity?

Ok, let me clarify. I think Cowhers a good coach. He, just like many others needs to get the monkey off his back.

Herm isnt in the same league as Cowher. Obviously, Cowhers won more games then Herm.I was talking about rings.

And I apologize for being a dick.

Ok, let me clarify. I think Cowhers a good coach. He, just like many others needs to get the monkey off his back.

Herm isnt in the same league as Cowher. Obviously, Cowhers won more games then Herm.I was talking about rings.

And I apologize for being a d!ck.

If were talking about rings...

Smizzy = Cowher = Peyton.

Okay so far today we have

1) Trade Vima

2) The Steelers should can Cowher if they lose.

Maybe Max can change "Post of the Week" to "Worst Post of the Week."

Not only does Cowher get the Steelers to the playoffs; not only does he win in the playoffs, he does it every year with a team that is constantly loses some its top players beacuse changing because of Free Agency.

We only wish the Jets were in as many AFC Title games as the Steelers have been with Cowher.

Even if he loses, I don't think it would be smart to fire him. I don't see them doing that, but if they do its going to be because something herm-like happens in the game today or in the SB that you can point at and say "That was ridiculously stupid."

Right, it has nothing to do with how the Steelers are physically dominating both sides of the LOS.

Do you even watch the game or just make stupid comments?

Man... did everyone forget to take their funny pill today? I mean, we have Smizzy and Troll getting their panties in a bunch because I don't agree with how they worship Shaun Alexander and Peyton Manning, and now you're jumping in my sh*t, because I made a funny comment? Jesus...

If you must know, I hate Denver. And I've always hated Denver, for as long as I can remember. And yes, I'm watching the game, and watching Pitt beat them up, like they've beaten everyone up they've played, thus far, in the playoffs. They're just winning the game, and good on Cowher for winning the big game, so far.

Archived