Should the Jets trade Vilma?

GlennFoley

Before I get killed for this hear me out.

Vilma is too small for the 3-4 IMO, and the way he looks he doesn't have the frame to add anymore weight. The Patriots linebackers are huge, and thats thier stregnth. Plus Vilma pads his stats we all know this. The guy doesn't sack the QB, and he doesn't really force turnovers. Most of his tackles are 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

If we can get a first rounder for Vilma, and then sign someone Cowart(who would be good in the 3-4) and draft a guy like Carpenter in the 2nd round we would be better off..

I know it will never happen, but its a decent idea

Vilma is too small for the 3-4 IMO, and the way he looks he doesn't have the frame to add anymore weight. The Patriots linebackers are huge, and thats thier stregnth. Plus Vilma pads his stats we all know this. The guy doesn't sack the QB, and he doesn't really force turnovers. Most of his tackles are 5 yards off the line of scrimmage.

If we can get a first rounder for Vilma, and then sign someone Cowart(who would be good in the 3-4) and draft a guy like Carpenter in the 2nd round we would be better off..

:shock:#-o

I think you guys have been hanging out with Bradway tyo much.

A 230 lb ILB (yeah right) in a 3-4 defense? You are kidding right? He's not going to have 4 d lineman in front of him to keep the offensive linemen off of him. It's no coincidence that the smallest ILB for the Patriots is 245 lbs.

Well if they don't have the personnel to play a 3-4 then why implement a system the players will fail in? Same thing happened with Vermins Cover 2 in the secondary. It failed because the system didn't fit the players Vermin hand picked to execute it.

Secondly, why would you trade Vilma for a first rounder? So you can pay another player a big first round bonus? You want to keep the good players you paid big bonuses to.

:roll:

is there something wrong with you boy?

Archived