who else is freakin' out?

maffoo

J-E-T-S JETS.JETS,JETS :shock: :? :x:evil:

i have been a fan too long (30 +) I think things are going from bad to worse! Am i the only one ( i know i'm not, i just live way out here in Hawaii and there is not a lot of love)? I wish i could be a band wagon fan!

I'm not flipping out. Normally Im very negative and cynical in times like this but for once I'm trying to look at the positives (or at least what I see as positives) To name a few..

I think Mawae and Kendall have at LEAST one good year left but IMO more likely that they have two to three. With the play of Adrian Jones last year and the likleyhood we take D'Brick or another top notch OT I think the O-line will be much improved next season.

We have a very good set of LBs and we'll be much imporved with Barton coming back.

Justin Miller and David Barrett are the best tackling corners in the league IMO and Millers cover skills improved as his playing time increased. He's got the speed to stay with anybody. Barretts biggest issue is inconsistency. He has played well in big spots though (Pitt. playoff game last year)

We're good at the safety position. Coleman regressed a bit last year but lets face it. The whole unit was so bad it's tough to pick out individual players to say they were the reason. Coleman has shown that he has great insticts and talent that I don't think went away in one season.

We're going to draft a RB and thats in addition to the fact that Cedric Houston looked pretty good behind an O-line that played terrible last season. Houston/Martin/Draft pick will put us in a good position at RB.

As I stated yesterday, I HAVE NOT BAILED ON D-ROB. I still think he will be a good player (but will struggle if we swith to a 3-4) and if they get him a better DT to play along side our D-line will be much improved.

WR corp needs upgrading. I think that if no significant change is made through the draft or FA Cotchery will beat out J-Mac for the #2 spot and JM moving inside to the #3 spot. This is a weak WR draft so even if one is taken, I wouldn't expect much.

The single biggest problem we have at the moment is clearly QB but that too will be addressed via free agency/draft so until I see who wins the starting job out of camp, I'm going to try not to lose my mind over what most consider to be an un-winnable situation. I dont think the situation is as bad as some want it to be. Again, this is all JMO and I am not saying any of this is factual, just what I think.

J-E-T-S JETS.JETS,JETS :shock: :? :x:evil:

i have been a fan too long (30 +) I think things are going from bad to worse! Am i the only one ( i know i'm not, i just live way out here in Hawaii and there is not a lot of love)? I wish i could be a band wagon fan!

The Jets were 4-12 last year. you can't get much worse.

Archived