Outside the box thinking...

fatcatxl

Lets put the anger behind us and settle the beef with JI in the only true all american fashion... with a drunken softball game. Max you gotta challenge sooth to a game... loser buys the beer and needs to put a promo for the other site on the front page of their message board for a month. The only extra rule we need is that you need to slide into home if theres a play at the plate... i dont want Limo Jerome Bettising the JN catcher. (Can i fit a tomshane/catcher joke in there?)

Here is some really OUTSIDE the box thinking....

Im taking my hatred and anger for JI and turning it into fuel to make JetNation the best website it can be. My days of fighting with JI are over. My days of talking about JI are over.

The team here is dedicated to giving you the best Jets experience possible. Nowhere in that plan is JI. Im not going to tell you guys you can't talk about it but Im done.

Ive said my peace. I made my point. LET'S HOPE IT WAS HEARD AND COMPREHENDED!

So ladies,gentleman and cattle....I am out of the mud slinging business. Im looking for a couple qualified people to help me with the new JetNation ad campaign.

Pm me if you have some extra time and are willing to help us make JetNation the best place it can be.

We have done a lot of work here in the last 10 months,most of it behind the scenes. You can see from what we have done here in such a short time how dedicated we to making this place the best it can be . Help us help you :character41: .

No longer are we the land of rejects. Anybody who looks at what we have done here would have to be a total moron not to be impressed.We use the same software JI & TGG.com use. WE GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE.

We have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Let's bury this JI sh*t. WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT.

You want to pay to have your opinions moved around and suppressed, you know where to go.

Let's get back to having a good time and enjoying/Hating the Jets and let's move past all this childish JI nonsense.

:soapbox:

Well said Smizzy. We have a pretty good thing going here. If people want to knock us that is fine. We don't have to defend our actions.

We work hard to bring a good site. We have SO many people that help out. We have SO many editorials and content here it is amazing.

So like Smizzy said, let's just look forward. And focus on the NY Jets. That is after all the bond that we have in common.

Well said Smizzy. We have a pretty good thing going here. If people want to knock us that is fine. We don't have to defend our actions.

We work hard to bring a good site. We have SO many people that help out. We have SO many editorials and content here it is amazing.

So like Smizzy said, let's just look forward. And focus on the NY Jets. That is after all the bond that we have in common.

Meet me in the JN lounge in 5 minutes. Im getting the lube.

Real quick, I'll give you the history of JI, and then I'm also done with it. Back in '97, some Patriots fan who called himself "The Wizard" started up a site called Jets Haters. He started the site to vent over Parcells leaving his team, and becoming the jets HC. It was a lame-o site, with cheap graphics, but the traffic was heavy. The regulars were: Me, Bob, Bostonsucks (shakin), PFSIKH, Garbanza, Jim T (Greenblood), Jim325... I think Charlie Brown posted there, Innocent Bystander etc etc. By the second year of the site, a new guy started posting there, named Soothsayer. Right away I thought it was an imitation of Wizard. Anyway he says he's starting his own site, and he said he would appreciate some support. Well, his foundation was about 15 hardcore posters from Jets Haters. Without that core group, his site would have floundered. We had something special, something unique. I think people who stopped by were attracted to it, and the numbers grew, but modestly. I think Jumbalaya Jet was part of that second crew. By the second year, JI had maybe 100 registered users.

Now, keep in mind, that all this crap about Sooth bitchin' you guys are trolling his site for traffic, he did the same thing at Jets haters. In fact, The Wizard closed shop, and by default, Sooth inherited all his posters.

What kicked JI off the ground? Ganggreen. Petrozza started up a site, and it was real popular. It got alot of traffic. The graphics were state of the art. Those guys used to make fun of JI. Sooth couldn't stand it.

So what do you think happened next?

Flamers started to invade JI. And surprise, surprise, Petrozza was blamed for it. Keeping with Shanes Eva Braun theme, the whole thing was as dubious as the Reichstag fire. :lol:

But I fell for it. So did alot of other posters at JI. In the ensuing board war, JI's membership doubled. It was all up hill from there.

The only thing left to say really, is that everynegative thing Sooth says about you guys, he did the same sht. He went through the same exact circumstances.

I just think it's petty. And the way he just continues to allow Limo Lady to commit social suicide, is tragic. Somebody should put her out of her misery and just tell her to shut the f*ck up already. Her and her "board elder" dungeons and dragons schtick.

The only thing left to say really, is that everynegative thing Sooth says about you guys, he did the same sht. He went through the same exact circumstances.

I just think it's petty. And the way he just continues to allow Limo Lady to commit social suicide, is tragic. Somebody should put her out of her misery and just tell her to shut the f*ck up already. Her and her "board elder" dungeons and dragons schtick.

Not if you hear Sooth tell it. Or LL.

Honestly, I'm glad I'm here. I've posted more here, in the year I've been here, than the over three years I've been a member at JI. I like it here.

Every time I go over to JI, It's just, enough of the bleating about all the "hard work" you did, and how these guys here are just glomming off of you.

The second and third year of JI, all we did 24/7 was bash Gang Green and Jets Confidential. And you look at JI now, it's identical to both sites.

It's not a coincidence that Leberfeld was so vocal in his criticism towards Cannizaro and Sooth, all year. The guy knows they ripped him off.

Every progression, every upgrade along the way, was done off of contributions from board members, who for the most part, were all volunteers. As far as I could see, Sooth was just going along for the ride. Sure, he dumped alot of money into it recently, but only after if became a legitimate investment.

The foundation on which the entire operation was built, were a dozen or so original members who were all glommed from another site (Jets Haters). From there, they were glommed off of Gang Green (not the other way around).

But the ministers of propaganda want everybody to pretend the success of it all stems from Sooth's charisma.:yawn:

And I'm sick and tired of reading Limo Lady's garbage knocking this sites layout, like it's belown standard. What do you think JI looked like for the first 3 years? But you wouldn't know that, because you weren't there. And not for nothing, the low budget was the appeal for me. The bells and whistles and corporate underpinnings of Gang Green and JC were a total turnoff.

Every time I go over to JI, It's just, enough of the bleating about all the "hard work" you did, and how these guys here are just glomming off of you.

The second and third year of JI, all we did 24/7 was bash Gang Green and Jets Confidential. And you look at JI now, it's identical to both sites.

It's not a coincidence that Leberfeld was so vocal in his criticism towards Cannizaro and Sooth, all year. The guy knows they ripped him off.

Every progression, every upgrade along the way, was done off of contributions from board members, who for the most part, were all volunteers. As far as I could see, Sooth was just going along for the ride. Sure, he dumped alot of money into it recently, but only after if became a legitimate investment.

The foundation on which the entire operation was built, were a dozen or so original members who were all glommed from another site (Jets Haters). From there, they were glommed off of Gang Green (not the other way around).

But the ministers of propaganda want everybody to pretend the success of it all stems from Sooth's charisma.:yawn:

And I'm sick and tired of reading Limo Lady's garbage knocking this sites layout, like it's belown standard. What do you think JI looked like for the first 3 years? But you wouldn't know that, because you weren't there. And not for nothing, the low budget was the appeal for me. The bells and whistles and corporate underpinnings of Gang Green and JC were a total turnoff.

Jetmo-You should really look into coaching or being a leader somewhere.

You have ability to harness your passion and the ability to move others to action.

I say that with all seriousness.

limo is funny. in this recent post she comments about something, i forget exactly what, but she adds items that have NOTHING to do with the point of her comments i.e. "My cousin, who works on wall street, bought a new refrigerator. My friend larry, who is a stock broker, got a good deal on a stove at pc richards..."

lol

I really can't bash JI, as that's where I started, and where I became familiar with the majority of the posters here. Granted, here is where I got to know them, so to speak. Yeah, I'll make jokes or whatever, at it's expense, but I'm not going to out and out rip the place apart.

And, you're right. I was at JI before they switched over to the "new" system and everyone had to sign up again. It was a great place. It had the feel this place has. Then they switched over, people got more snobbish. Not everyone. Just some. Then it went down hill from there. I wouldn't put the blame totally on management, either. With popularity comes crap.

But, it seems to me that JI has become what it hated, so to speak. But, that's just how it goes down, sometimes.

But, it seems to me that JI has become what it hated, so to speak. But, that's just how it goes down, sometimes.

What do we hate? I just wanna know so we can avoid becoming it. I hate Oprah, Robert Kraft, and wet socks. I dont wanna become that. Weak joke I know.

Hopefully this board never takes itself to seriously, the thinly veiled gay and/or sex jokes dont stop, and no one ever forgets we're all just a bunch of idiots with some common interests.

I really can't bash JI, as that's where I started, and where I became familiar with the majority of the posters here.

I agree...I actually stopped posting on JI for a couple of weeks before signing up here because it had become flooded with High School mentality posters and I didn't care much for the "big brother is watching" feel.

What do we hate? I just wanna know so we can avoid becoming it. I hate Oprah, Robert Kraft, and wet socks. I dont wanna become that. Weak joke I know.

Hopefully this board never takes itself to seriously, the thinly veiled gay and/or sex jokes dont stop, and no one ever forgets we're all just a bunch of idiots with some common interests.

That's what we hate, or what it hated, so to speak. The seriousness of everything. Taking everything so serious. I kinda doubt that this place will end up like that. First of all, Max and Triple G run things by themselves. Meaning they don't ask for donations or anything. They take care of things. Second of all, Max really doesn't take himself seriously. In so much that he's not a prick about anything.

And yeah, we're a bunch of idiots who just enjoy chatting on a message board. Sometimes we get together and watch games together. It's good stuff.

I agree...I actually stopped posting on JI for a couple of weeks before signing up here because it had become flooded with High School mentality posters and I didn't care much for the "big brother is watching" feel.

Yup... pretty much. I really didn't post a ton at JI. I may have had 700 posts the three or four years I've been signed up there. And all the kids that post there... some are ok, some are just down right dumb... and others yet just drink the kool aid. It's annoying.

And high school sucked. :lol:

fat cat are you still banging them cheerleaders? did u ever flip one into the air and have her land crack first on your mouth?

lucky duck......

Sadly I never banged a single cheerleader, and unfortunatly i gotta answer no on the second one. lol maybe I was wasting my time cheering... oh well. So because cheerleading was unsuccessful for me I joined the army. Yeehaw.

Archived