Salary History

2005 2500000.00

2006 3000000.00

2007 4000000.00

2008 6000000.00

2009 6000000.00

2010 6000000.00

2011 6000000.00

but he's due $12 million roster bonus so I don't know how that figures into the cap hit. I think the projected $28 million over the cap includes his $12 roster bonus

I don't think there is any cap hit if they cut Law. I don't think he got a signing bonus last year. He did hit some incentives last year and I don't know if they carry over to the cap this year or were counted against last years cap. His $11M (roster?) bonus this year comes off the cap if we cut him.

I don't think there is any cap hit if they cut Law. I don't think he got a signing bonus last year. He did hit some incentives last year and I don't know if they carry over to the cap this year or were counted against last years cap. His $11M (roster?) bonus this year comes off the cap if we cut him.

I think you're right. I was way wrong

If I recall correctly, during the middle of last season, the Jets restructured Law's contract so that any bonuses that were pro-rated during the course of the contract were escalated to count on last year's cap. They had room to do that.

My belief is that cutting Law now does nothing to the detriment of the cap and it relieves 12 million to that reported 30 mill figure.

Bottom line-The Jets knew they would likely Law after the season, and prepared so that it would not have a cap consequence

If I recall correctly, during the middle of last season, the Jets restructured Law's contract so that any bonuses that were pro-rated during the course of the contract were escalated to count on last year's cap. They had room to do that.

My belief is that cutting Law now does nothing to the detriment of the cap and it relieves 12 million to that reported 30 mill figure.

Bottom line-The Jets knew they would likely Law after the season, and prepared so that it would not have a cap consequence

Thanx SD, that is good news...LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!!!

if Ty Law is cut?

2.4M, since the Jets restructured Ty last year when it was obvious he hit the playing incentives to make his 3M salary in 2006 guaranteed, to give him the 3M in 2005.

That means the 3M could stretch 5 seasons instead of 4, and also it meant 1/5th of it counted against the Jets in 2005. This means 2.4M is remaining.

Note: They end up saving $, because all reports say something like 6M cap hit if he was on the squad.

Archived