Who you willing to trade for AllPro pass rusher?

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That would not make the Jets a better team

Yeah, whatever you say Johnny.

I'll take the stud pass rusher that went #1 overall over a SS who's good at blitzing and additional draft picks. I would hate to get rid of draft picks because I believe in Douglas, but the Jets haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham left and Garrett could easily be better than Abraham was.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'll take the stud pass rusher that went #1 overall over a SS who's good at blitzing and picks. I would hate to get rid of draft picks because I believe in Douglas, but the Jets haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham left and Garrett could easily be better than Abraham was.

If it helps is get Garrett i am willing to stipulate that Adams is an absolute stud muffin.

But the Browns would assume such an offer was a joke.

3 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'll take the stud pass rusher that went #1 overall over a SS who's good at blitzing and additional draft picks. I would hate to get rid of draft picks because I believe in Douglas, but the Jets haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham left and Garrett could easily be better than Abraham was.

Whatever, the Jets are better with Adams and keeping a 1 and a 3 than Garrett who basically will get you only 15 more QB pressures than Jordan Jenkings. Complete "big name blindness". Meanwhile Adams is good for 5-10 sacks and 10-15 additional pressures so the defense would not actually be better with just Garret alone. Plus he would cost a fotune, weakening the rest of the roster, and a 1st and 3rd is a huge amount of draft capital. But he is a "name" and that's all you want. That trade would make us a worse team over the next 3 years than we will be without making the trade. MUCH rather see if Basham can continue developing, see how Zuniga turns out, see if Huff can play in the NFL and see if we can get more pass rush from the continued development of Q, Phillips and Shepherd. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Whatever, the Jets are better with Adams and keeping a 1 and a 3 than Garrett who basically will get you only 15 more QB pressures than Jordan Jenkings. Complete "big name blindness". Meanwhile Adams is good for 5-10 sacks and 10-15 additional pressures so the defense would not actually be better with just Garret alone. Plus he would cost a fotune, weakening the rest of the roster, and a 1st and 3rd is a huge amount of draft capital. But he is a "name" and that's all you want. That trade would make us a worse team over the next 3 years than we will be without making the trade. MUCH rather see if Basham can continue developing, see how Zuniga turns out, see if Huff can play in the NFL and see if we can get more pass rush from the continued development of Q, Phillips and Shepherd. 

Yes you're right what am I thinking. Why have Garrett when you have pass rushing studs Huff, Zuniga, and Basham.....lol.

Complete name blindness is you thinking the Browns would even entertain that offer. They would laugh and hang up. Garrett has 30+ sacks in 3 years. When's the last time the Jets had a player like that? And people wanna talk about Adams and his 6.5 sacks, gimme a break.

• Upvote 1

Talk about weakened rosters.

I hope the Jamal-itude doesn't worsen or spread.   He knows football is a business and the economy of sports will be and already is damaged.

As good as Jamal is, the Jets are taking advantage of the window they have in not extending Jamal if they don't have to.  

Once again, we poor Jets fans.

Jets DNA.jpg

21 minutes ago, LRJets said:

Talk about weakened rosters.

I hope the Jamal-itude doesn't worsen or spread.   He knows football is a business and the economy of sports will be and already is damaged.

As good as Jamal is, the Jets are taking advantage of the window they have in not extending Jamal if they don't have to.  

Once again, we poor Jets fans.

Jets DNA.jpg

This would be a cool tee shirt

• Upvote 2

one player does not a team make.  the jets certainly need to get a better pass rush but when you look at these guys like garret consider that gastineau had 22 sacks one season.  that about 1.25 per game.  teams usually run around 50 offensive plays per game and , assuming it's a 50-50 split between pass/run then about 5% of the offensive pass plays were disrupted by gastineau.  but what about the other 95% of the pass plays?  i know this is imperfect but there are a host of other plays that need to be defended against and a guy like gastineau can be negated by doing other things.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:18 AM, SouthernJet said:

I dont know who rusher is but if Jets had chance to trade for a next 6ish year devastating AllPro pass rusher stud (for this we assume this is guys proven outlook), what Jet/Jets would you trade for him? 

Such a trade doesn't exist.

And no, I wouldn't.  

We will draft Edge and WR again in 2021, of that I have no doubt. 

There is no impetus to rush things and overpay now, today.  We are not a Super Bowl contender in 2020.

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, nj meadowlands said:

I'd rather trade a LB or S for a WR.

This would probably me much easier to make happen, given how many quality WRs are scheduled to hit free agency after the 2020 season  (Chris Godwin, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Cooper Kupp, T.Y. Hilton)

Not all of them are going to get re-signed or franchised, and those teams would likely rather get something now than have to settle for just a comp pick later.