Where Are They Now ?? Terry Bradway

Smizzy

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Jetnation is relevant to the Jets front office - only you can not get press passes

I am told Rex Ryan read this thread and said JetNation won't be getting press passes anytime soon.

Not sure why people blast Rex, he got that prediction right. :)

Hi Fellas,

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2322331

Does everyone not know he is still a consultant with the jets especially the scouting department as he stated when he stepped down as GM? Yes TB still has his input in our draft and why wouldnt he after the superb drafting of Dwayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston?

If you ask me it doesnt take a rocket scientist to draft 1st round players but it does take a knowlegable person to get later round gems.

/discuss

This is the best post in the thread btw. I bet for $50 Smizzy would be willing to...ah, this is Terry Bradway's thread I don't want to hijack it. :)

did someone say hijack? ;)

Maxman - that is an awesome name!

LOL.

OY!

Threads like this is probably why we can't get press passes...

Sadly threads like this aren't the only reason. Have to say though, when the Jets decline us for press passes each season I get a strange sense of satisfaction. Another job well done, that is how it feels. Either that or it is gas, hard to tell these days. :)

no problem... just me trying to work my way up from the D list.

since i am new here, is there anyone i should avoid?

:)

I am not actually sure who the new people to avoid are. They are out there though, so be careful.

Sorry Terry B. Didn't mean to hijack your thread again. Damn, I feel like such a clown.

i just want to bump this thread. I was on a plane with Rex, Tanny and Bradway yesterday. Terry had this page printed out and was passing it around, to much laughter.So there's that Jetnation.

What were you doing on the Jets team plane?

Does everyone not know he is still a consultant with the jets especially the scouting department as he stated when he stepped down as GM? Yes TB still has his input in our draft and why wouldnt he after the superb drafting of Dwayne Robertson and Vernon Gholston?

believe it or not Terry Bradway is an excellent scout. It's where he came from before he was a GM and after Tanny replaced him, they kept him on in that role. He had a huge say in all of the Jets draft picks for the last 10+ years and yes that's Vernon Gholston but it's also Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris etc. More good picks than bad. He's experienced and smart. I have alot of respect for Terry Bradway as a football mind.

believe it or not Terry Bradway is an excellent scout. It's where he came from before he was a GM and after Tanny replaced him, they kept him on in that role. He had a huge say in all of the Jets draft picks for the last 10+ years and yes that's Vernon Gholston but it's also Revis, Mangold, Brick, Harris etc. More good picks than bad. He's experienced and smart. I have alot of respect for Terry Bradway as a football mind.

Bradway was just in over his head, IMO. He just seemed to be too wishy-washy to ever stand up to Herm when it came down to it, and every draft it seemed like he got caught up getting players that Herm wanted (Aaron Beasley, Damien Robinson, Nugent) instead of just taking the guy he thought was the best player. Still, there's too much riding on your GM being great to ever accept dealing with one who isn't. The entire fate of the franchise is in that guy's hands and if he's not exceptional, you're screwed for at least five years.

Didn't Bradway sign them as FA's?

"every draft it seemed like he got caught up getting players that Herm wanted (Aaron Beasley, Damien Robinson, Nugent)"

He did and that may be worse than drafting them. They had already proven their sucktitude before he signed them.

"every draft it seemed like he got caught up getting players that Herm wanted (Aaron Beasley, Damien Robinson, Nugent)"

He did and that may be worse than drafting them. They had already proven their sucktitude before he signed them.

Ah! My bad on the poor sentence construction. Long week.

Bitonti, I totally respect you as a poster as I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years and years and years but like I said it doesnt take a genious to draft first and second round talent(those are pretty obvious) such as Revis, Mangold, Brick(but really are scouting department only got that right half the time ie Robertson, Gholston etc.) It does take a genious to get gems in the later rounds and we have not struck gold in that aspect in a very very long time. Honestly I think MT is a great capologist, Great. But I feel we need a new GM and scouting department IMO.

• 2 months later...
it doesnt take a genious to draft first and second round talent(those are pretty obvious) such as Revis, Mangold, Brick(but really are scouting department only got that right half the time ie Robertson, Gholston etc.) It does take a genious to get gems in the later rounds and we have not struck gold in that aspect in a very very long time. Honestly I think MT is a great capologist, Great. But I feel we need a new GM and scouting department IMO.

i agree that the late round picks haven't been stellar. there are no Tom Brady lightning strikes. but we can say that about most teams. the Dbrick pick may have been obvious but the mangold pick late in rd 1 was not... neither ws trading up for Revis. It's easy to sit here and say every successful pick was easy but look around the league, it's never easy to find an All Pro player, no matter where you pick.

Archived