Hidden in all this Abe hoopla is one important deciding factor...

NIGHT STALKER

Arrington is not a smart player who can play in schemes. If he has assignments, he does not fit well in their execution.

The guy wants to free-lance, and he can do that pretty well.

I am not sure how Mangini's defense will be set up, but I can imagine that it needs players with discipline in assignments

The Jets not only get that extra first round pick, but more importantly...free up $8.3 million in salary space ...I'm sorry people, but I think the Jets are the big winners here.

They will really be winns here if they draft Mario at #4, and shore up the pass rush a bit.

Arrington is not a smart player who can play in schemes. If he has assignments, he does not fit well in their execution.

The guy wants to free-lance, and he can do that pretty well.

I am not sure how Mangini's defense will be set up, but I can imagine that it needs players with discipline in assignments

Here's a fact for you Scottie! In 96 the 1-15 Jets were 29th out of 30 on points allowed! Enter Tuna and BB and in 97 they were 6th and 98 2nd! Mangini has studied under some dam good teachers! And I think we have Real Good young Defensive Talent just waiting to be shown the right way!!;)

I keep hearing they'll trade up to #2 for Leinart??

Also, I was under the impression that Mario Williams was a slam dunk to the Saints @ #2???

Don't trade up. If Mario is gone, then draft D'Brick. But build teh lines first and foremost.

The Jets not only get that extra first round pick, but more importantly...free up $8.3 million in salary space ...I'm sorry people, but I think the Jets are the big winners here.

Staying as far away from Cap Hell as we can is not an intangible. It can take a playoff team and keep them under .500 for as long as it lasts. And I don't think we were one guy from a playoff team last year.

Johnny Abe, for all his talent and potential, isn't the type of individual you want to build with. Good luck to him, but we're better off with the pick if we don't squander it.

Archived