Yet another draft scenario

AFJF

I thought of a possible draft scenario yesterday that I figured was a little crazy but after reading the "game of inches" article (great job) I figured I'd throw it out there and see how people would react.

How would you feel if the Jets were to take

#4- OT D' Brick

#29- OC Mangold

#36- OG Jean Gilles or Charles Spencer

Three picks and the O-line has the potential to be dominant for years to come. One problem I'd see with it is the amount of money they would instantly have tied up in the O-line but if these guys develop in to the players people expect them to, is it worth it?

thats crazt cus ive been thinking the same thing. our WORST need area is the OL. dbrick will probably be there, if we could get the 29 pcik right our OL would be solid which means whoever is throwing the ball will make plays and curtis will run

I dont know why teams never do this type of thing. I understand that you would not be getting the best player possible overall, but if youre biggest need is OL then why not

I thought of a possible draft scenario yesterday that I figured was a little crazy but after reading the "game of inches" article (great job) I figured I'd throw it out there and see how people would react.

#4- OT D' Brick

#29- OC Mangold

Three picks and the O-line has the potential to be dominant for years to come. One problem I'd see with it is the amount of money they would instantly have tied up in the O-line but if these guys develop in to the players people expect them to, is it worth it?

This would be a nice draft Airforce as long as the FO (as JetMoses mentioned in his aticle) did the contracts so that all three players don't come up for FA at the same time.

Using our first 3 picks on the line would have plenty of critics due to the lack of skill position players such as QB, RB and WR .

For our team in it's present state it wouldn't be a bad route to take IMO.

Using our first 3 picks on the line would have plenty of critics due to the lack of skill position players such as QB, RB and WR .

this is exactly what I was thinking...not enough "sexy" picks for the casual fan who doesn't understand the importance of a great O-line.

The way it'll break down, contract wise, most likely, will be seven years for the number four, five years for the number 29, and four years for the number 35. Only the first rounders get the five or longer deals. Which is why Abe, Ellis, Chad, and Becht all came up at the same time. Someone should have used their brain... and probably signed them to longer deals. At least Chad, Abe, and Ellis, since they were top 20 picks.

I do not really see us taking Mangold in this draft. I do not think that the OF is willing to spend a first rounder on a center. I think they are pretty high on Norm Katnik and someone like Cook could available in the 4th round. I just do not think Mangold should be taken. Brick and JEan-Gilles is fine by me but you have to take someone on the defensive side of the ball, whether it be a DE, DT, LB or CB, but someone has to be chosen in those first 3 picks to play defense I think. Especially with the defensive mind of Mangini.

#4- OT D' Brick

#29- OC Mangold

I love it! It's boring because it's just lineman, but boy do the Jets need it. They would make Chad & Martin look like pro-bowlers!

this is exactly what I was thinking...not enough "sexy" picks for the casual fan who doesn't understand the importance of a great O-line.

I recall Mario Williams beating D'Brick about 2-3 times for sacks when they lined up against eachother in college. Not saying D'Brick is going to be a bust, just that there are other very good tackle prospects in this draft and maybe we shouldn't jump the gun at #4 on this guy.

This draft is very deep at all the O-line positions. The guys you mentioned are good but they are only the tip of the ice berg. We can draft guys like McNeill, Whitworth, Degory and Ross and have just as good an O-line at half the price.

I wanted to franchise Kareem Mackenzie instead of John Abraham so I know very well the value of an O-line. I also know that the Jets have no playmakers at all, none. We can't afford to continue with the Bradway busts like Jolley, Blaylock and McCareins. We need to give Ramsey some help and give him guys who can actually get open and make a play.

Archived