• Last Reply

Oh, I didn't see the bust list. I saw

BlairThomas

Roger Vick

Kyle Brady

Rich Kotite

Richard Todd

Vernon Gholston

and thought it was a performance based thing. Didn't know they were bad buys. Carry on. lol

most of the guys on this list committed grand larceny

agree, he was who he was cause of the others, ,he was a rush only type, who was a ME player and who embarrased the team on and off field,,plus his idioic roughing on Kosar cost us a Super Bowl appearance

I disagree.  First off, we still would have had to beat a good Denver team on the road (not saying that wasn't possible btw).  But even if we had done that, there's no way our team was going to beat the 1986 Giants.  No chance. 

I disagree.  First off, we still would have had to beat a good Denver team on the road (not saying that wasn't possible btw).  But even if we had done that, there's no way our team was going to beat the 1986 Giants.  No chance. 

well he shows up as #11 all time worst Jets moment, and I think we beat Denver.. Plus then we are in SB, win or lose..

11) 1986. Mark Gastineau personal foul in fourth quarter of 1986 playoff game against Cleveland Browns. Jets were leading 20 - 10 with about 4 minutes to play when Gastineau brainlocked. Prior to this play the Jets had made the playoffs with a 10-6 record despite a season ending 5 game losing streak that featured season ending injuries to Klecko and Mehl, and a mysterious decline in Ken O'Brien's performance (which he never recovered from). O'Brien was consensus league MVP at 11 game mark as Jets were an NFL best 10-1. Despite the collapse the Jets whipped the Frank "enhanced resume" Ganz Chiefs at the Meadowlands in the opening wild card game. Against the Browns the Jets were up by 10 points late in the fourth quarter, and were about to put the game away. 3rd and 25 for the Browns and Kosar is incomplete on his pass, and the Browns now must punt. Wait! Gastineau spears Kosar on the play, and Jets are assessed a 15 yard personal foul. Cleveland gets a first down and new life. Browns go on to score and tie up the game and ultimately win in overtime. Thanks Mark. The bad aftertaste was made worse when Jets fans have to watch sad sack NY Giants win Super Bowel against a Bronco team that the Jets could have beaten.

• 7 months later...

Giants?

All i care about is trhe Cleveland playoff game where it was OVER, 4th down Mercy heave by Kosar is incomplete and Gastineau roughed him for no freakin reason,,,

Giants?

All i care about is trhe Cleveland playoff game where it was OVER, 4th down Mercy heave by Kosar is incomplete and Gastineau roughed him for no freakin reason,,,

Yup totally lost the game. We'll forget that the call was bullsh*t, that the Browns still had to make up a ten point deficit, still only had the ball at their 33 yard line after the penalty and the Jets couldn't score in a whole overtime. Other than that, totally Gastineau's fault, as a matter of fact, if I recall correctly, what I just said was total bullsh*t, after the penalty the ref's blew their whistles en masse, screamed NO HAY TIEMPO PARA MAS like they do at soccer matches and awarded the Browns the game. You're spot ******* on.

Yep and they had to go into overtime to beat the Browns 23-20!:eek: Just as well the Giants were on fire that year! But....Maybe we could have beat them..:cheers:

Lets be honest with ourselves, we would have choked against Denver like we always do...We werent making it to no Super Bowl.

Seriously though if you were ever to put together a Top 10 list of most mind boggling things this franchise has ever done...and oh, what a list that would be, letting Bradway still exist within the organization has got to be on there.

longest kiss goodbye ever. leave it to jets to try something dumb like offer rex the DC job

1- B Nagle- benching Obrien for him at the start of 92 season with a team with a lot of talent was a travesty.

2- K Wilson- least favorite jet ever. If I see him celebrate an inconsequential play one more time I'm going to explode

3- Herm- worst coach in NFL history

4- Woody- guys a joke who only cares about the headlines

Not one mention of Gholston....

he wasn't hear long enough to break too many hearts and the defense was pretty good even though we whiffed on him. he was like a fart in an elevator--pungent and painful, but over soon.

1- B Nagle- benching Obrien for him at the start of 92 season with a team with a lot of talent was a travesty.

2- K Wilson- least favorite jet ever. If I see him celebrate an inconsequential play one more time I'm going to explode

3- Herm- worst coach in NFL history

4- Woody- guys a joke who only cares about the headlines

i'm going with:

woody, geno, herm, nagle

Seriously though if you were ever to put together a Top 10 list of most mind boggling things this franchise has ever done...and oh, what a list that would be, letting Bradway still exist within the organization has got to be on there.

They've done some horrible things but I would agree...The fact that he's still here is no less than mind boggling.

• 2 months later...

9 years later here is my list

Eric the snitch Mangini    (will forever love this guy for Spygate but he ruined a year where he had FAVRE at QB)

Rich Kotite

Meshawn Johnson  (pushed his way out of new york)

Mike Tannenbaum  (let Cotchery go)

Archived