Here's my season now, this is what its come too

Green Jets & Ham

I don't think you can dispute the fact that the Yankees are being crushed by injuries. My point is that they should still win.

Totally agree Max. My point is that this is not happening to ONLY the Yankees.

Mets -Cards-Dodgers-Jays-Cubs off the top of my head have also been hit hard.

Those teams didn't have the luxury of beginning the year with a ALL-STAR at almost every position either. So yes, the Yankees are affected by the injuries but any attemp to turn it into being exclusive to the Bombers will fall on deaf ears.

Perfect example, Cards are without Pujols,Carpenter and Edmonds right now. Where is the ARod,Giambi, Damon, Jeter, in their line-up to ride this out?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally agree Max. My point is that this is not happening to ONLY the Yankees.

Mets -Cards-Dodgers-Jays-Cubs off the top of my head have also been hit hard.

Those teams didn't have the luxury of beginning the year with a ALL-STAR at almost every position either. So yes, the Yankees are affected by the injuries but any attemp to turn it into being exclusive to the Bombers will fall on deaf ears.

Perfect example, Cards are without Pujols,Carpenter and Edmonds right now. Where is the ARod,Giambi, Damon, Jeter, in their line-up to ride this out?

Agreed. I think we are saying the same thing. And this is what has been discussed a lot about the Yankees Payroll. (Which I would like to see decreased anyhow).

But...their payroll does not buy them a World Series (hasn't yet). It does help them in the regular season. PFIKSH has said this for years. They can slug their ways to a lot of victories.

I want that to change that is why I am screaming for better defense and higher OBP guys. It will give them a better shot in the long run.

The one thing to remember though is the high payroll teams like the Mets and Yankees have had the resources to build up depth that other teams do not have the luxury or willingness to do. This way when injuries occur which is a given for any team they are more capable of possibly making it through them.

The one thing to remember though is the high payroll teams like the Mets and Yankees have had the resources to build up depth that other teams do not have the luxury or willingness to do. This way when injuries occur which is a given for any team they are more capable of possibly making it through them.

Way to take my last post, reword it and call it your own.

If you guys dont see the point ham is trying to make you need to look deeper than just this thread.

This is funny sh#t, nice job ham! :)

Barton, I don't agree with everything that you say, but you nailed it this time. This is exactly the point GJ&H is trying to bring out here.

• 3 months later...

Never forget Ham.....never forget.

Your mentor, GS.

That was in response to all of the Met fans, NONE MORE THAN YOU, acting like the loss of Matsui and Shef was no big deal ... like Yankee fans were whining about nothing ... so this was my way of saying, maybe you need to "LIVE IT" before you can see it for what it is?

PS. Weak move, GS ... if I pulled back your Coco Crisp threads you would feel like the village idiot

But I won't stoop to that level

At the end of the day Ham you were whining about nothing

I wasn't whining about nothing, Genius ... Get your facts straight ... the Yankees remained in second place {and OUT of the wild card too}, despite their gutty effort, until they compensated for the loss of Shef and Matsui by importing Abreu

So I was right and you were wrong, AGAIN, but what else is new :rolleyes:

Overall Yankee record = 82-54.

Yankee record with Sheff = 19-11.

Yankee record with Matsui = 19-13.

Yankee record with Abreu = 21-13.

Yankee record without Sheff, Matsui or ABreu = 42-28

No major difference.

You can post numbers till the cows come home, but here's the only numbers that matter, which makes me right all along

Prior to the acquisition of Bobby Abreu the Yankees were in second place in the A.L. East and on the outside lookin in for the wild card too

Since the acquisition of Bobby Abreu the Yankees have a 9 Game lead in the A.L. East and now its on cruise control till October

These are the facts and they are indisputable :wink:

You stupid dooshey, you completely missed out on this whole thing and what ham proved! You werent here when this went down so shush. :)

Who cares what this scumbag thinks? :rolleyes:

We had to listen to scumbag Met fans gloating about Yankee injuries, scumbags just like this POS, and he thinks we're supposed to take it lying down ... well f**k him and the horse he rode in on :lol:

**** you, too.

It doesn't matter if I was here or not, I read the first 2 posts.

You dumba$$. Ham completely reversed what mets fans said about the yankees. He showed how foolish they were. Ham played em.

If you dont get this, just STFU. You are a newb, you wouldnt get it on this subject because you werent here all season to see what went down.

Who cares what this scumbag thinks? :rolleyes:

We had to listen to scumbag Met fans gloating about Yankee injuries, scumbags just like this POS, and he thinks we're supposed to take it lying down ... well f**k him and the horse he rode in on :lol:

Yeah, where the **** did I gloat about Yankees injuries? ****ing prove it.

You dumba$$. Ham completely reversed what mets fans said about the yankees. He showed how foolish they were. Ham played em.

If you dont get this, just STFU. You are a newb, you wouldnt get it on this subject because you werent here all season to see what went down.

I have no idea what you're talking about, read the first 2 posts you scumbag. If any Mets fans acted like thos towards the Yankees players, **** them too.

Barton- You are completely and undeservedly glorifying this bi-polar tard Ham

117- I said your comment was funny, but I am a Yankee fan. Not all Yankee fans are like GJ&H.

No offense to you. I respect a lot of Yankee fans, I don't judge fan bases based on 1 person like these two douchebags.

Archived