Over/Under,, Jets 2006 Record

SouthernJet

Easily over, in fact I think a propbet is in order because that sounds about where the bookies will put the number at. Jets go 9-7, 1 game behind the Dolphins and Pats with the Pats edging the Fins on a tiebreaker to win the AFCE.

OK, the number is 6 wins

Over or Under.,

I say push..6 wins

6? Did the Jets join the Big East?

If everything went right, the Jets might squeeze out 8 wins. With that said, I am going UNDER!!!

This is a 2-4 win team at best. I think 4 might be pushing it. Outside of the Buffalo games, there is no team I could say they should beat.

If everything went right, the Jets might squeeze out 8 wins. With that said, I am going UNDER!!!

This is a 2-4 win team at best. I think 4 might be pushing it. Outside of the Buffalo games, there is no team I could say they should beat.

Tennessee is a team that we should beat...Oakland and Detroit as well.

Tennessee is a team that we should beat...Oakland and Detroit as well.

124 should and will are two different universes.

I said the Jets could get 8-8 if everything goes right.

I do not think it will.

Too many factors that do not lead to a successful season surrounds this team. A new really inexperienced HC that hired a a relative new and inexperienced HC staff. QB?s. An inept offense. QB?s. Change in D schemes. QB?s. I look at your roster and schedule and think Buffalo is the only team I can comfortably pick you winning and even then I could see McGahee running all over your team.

Seriously, your team has the makings of a really bad team. The Jets could be the first team since the 81 Saints to make a serious run at 0-16.

Things aren't THAT bad, 6-7 wins is very doable in the modern NFL. Last year we had a cheerleading clown for a head coach and we still managed what, 4 wins? (I'm trying to block the year out) I think Mangini can definitely win 2 more games than that ass clown.

I have to question if some of you have even been Jets fans. The Jets don't ever just flat our stink usually, usually we do just well enough to give us hope, and THEN we fail miserably at a big moment. That's Jets football. That's the way it's been for decades. We might even have a strong spurt somewhere to get into possible playoff contention, and then we will just choke away games for awhile. Look, does anyone really not think that is more likely than us just not doing anything all year? I say we struggle to 6-7, and are in position for the last wildcard, and then we just lost the next 3 games at the last second each time.

• 5 months later...

You are about as good as TX.

BZ

Sure quote that one. What about the one where I said if everything goes right and obviously it did, they could be 8-8? ;)

Oh... so TWO predictions, one low, one high? Nice.

You should be a stock broker... "You SHOULD buy some stock. It MIGHT do better it might do worse. It all depends".

BZ

Easily over, in fact I think a propbet is in order because that sounds about where the bookies will put the number at. Jets go 9-7, 1 game behind the Dolphins and Pats with the Pats edging the Fins on a tiebreaker to win the AFCE.

Close but no cigar, I thought the fins would be battling for the division to be honest.

124 should and will are two different universes.

I said the Jets could get 8-8 if everything goes right.

I do not think it will.

Too many factors that do not lead to a successful season surrounds this team. A new really inexperienced HC that hired a a relative new and inexperienced HC staff. QB?s. An inept offense. QB?s. Change in D schemes. QB?s. I look at your roster and schedule and think Buffalo is the only team I can comfortably pick you winning and even then I could see McGahee running all over your team.

Seriously, your team has the makings of a really bad team. The Jets could be the first team since the 81 Saints to make a serious run at 0-16.

Deserving of a bump.

For the record; not exactly how it ended up; pretty damn close though....

This is my post after four games when the question was can we go 8-8 and everyone was down b/c Peyton, well you know...anyway I know I predicted 10-6 before the year's start, but this is close enough...

10-03-2006, 11:52 PM #17

Ryno the Jet

VILLAGE IDIOT

vCash: 1000

Call me a moron, but I still have it at 10-6. I look at this schedule every day, and this weekend only solidified my thoughts...

JAK - L

MIA - W

DET - W

CLE - W

NE - L

CHI - L

HOU - W

GB - W

BUF - W

MIN - L

MIA - W

OAK - W

It still adds up to 8 more wins. This team is impressive, albeit a year or two away from greatness.

Archived