Announcing the 'hopefully' 1st Annual JN/JI/TGG BBQ..planning phase

SouthernJet

All right, in the spirit on brotherhood and sisterhood its time to bury the hatchet and move in a united, singular path.

JN, JI and TGG all have the same goal of conversing in a amiable, well thought out discourse on all things J-E-T-S and on occasions also enjoy light, whimsical banter on Non Football topics.

To that end, lets start planning on having the 1st Annual JN, JI and TGG BBQ. We can all plan on it and come up with some really swell nest things to partake in.

I ask JI and TGG posters here at JN to cut and paste this entry and put on JI and TGG so ALL THREE boards can plan on this potentially wild and crazy afternoon of merriment.

Cant you just imagine, everypone enjoying each others company over a campfire and singing some really nostalgic Camp tunes. Wow, I can smell the marshmallows already.

Sfter everyone has voiced thier opinion, then the Three Honchos, Max, Sean and Petro can have a meeting of the minds and agree on what seems the most popular suggestions.

LETS KEEP THIS CIVIL, CLEAN AND NO NAME CALLING. This is a serious attempt to join three groups who really have one common thread after all, the LOVE OF THE NY JETS.

So let the suggestions begin on following starter points:

------------------------------------------------------------

Date of BBQ:

Most logistical place of BBQ to be held: ex. town, state

Venue in chosen town that is eventually picked: i.e. Park w/softball field, swimmimg location etc.

Main course suggestions: Ex. Burgers/Dogs,, Chicken, Fish Pork etc.

Dessert suggestions: i.e. Ice cream, pies, etc.

Main festivity suggest: i.e. softball game, board vs board or mixed teams for unity objective, volleyball, bocce

Sub activities: i.e. Football trivia pursuit, golf pitching contest, egg tossing contests etc.

Activities for kids: i.e. water balloon tossing, three legged races, secret hunts for prizes

As evening approaches entertainment: i.e. campfire singalongs, charades, marshmallow roasting, contests of posts read and play a 'guess who that poster was'

Hosts: no suggestions,, it has to be a shared hosting by Max, Sean and Petro

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, let the planning begin. No nasty uncalled for comments. If this is taken in the NICE spirit intended then after the BBQ we can all walk away and say :

“JN/JI/TGG, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.”

So let the suggestions begin on following starter points:

Date of BBQ: I assume late August

Most logistical place of BBQ to be held:

Is Jersey most convienient to you guys and gals?

Venue in chosen town that is eventually picked:

Park with softball field and hopefully bathroom facilities as we dont want any septic issues

Main course suggestions:

Everyone bring a dish? Verde will fix my plate

Dessert suggestions:

No pies,, in case a argument breaks out ,, oh you crazy cats

Main festivity suggest:

two activities, one agressive, one passive for our less TypeA buddies, softball game and bocce?

Sub activities:

egg tossing is always a swell activity.

Activities for kids:

water balloon tossing and secret hunts for prizes,,,wow, cant wait to see the little tykes faces

As evening approaches entertainment:

well we HAVE to have campfire and marshmallow roasting.. what would a keen night in a park be without that,, gee willikers

Hosts: Max, Sean and Petro

-----------------------------------------------------------

should a dunking booth be part of festivities?

and I think we should invite Kevin James as a celebrity guest,, he has to have his IPS outfit on though

How about an Admin Hot Dog eating contest....

Personally I think it`s a great idea,since probably 80 % of most JETS FANS POST ON AT LEAST 2 OF THE SITES IF NOT ALL 3 . I think it would be great if we could stick to trashing the FINS & PATSY`s & their fans instead of trashing fellow Jet fans from other rival JET sites...I think instead of August ,you should have it on the SAT of 7/29 atEisenhower park in Long Island in between the morning & afternoon workouts of opening weekend of training camp & MAKE IT THE SAME WEEKEND ANNUALY ,this way people will know it`s the opening weekend sat. every year ,they won`t need to ask.......

Personally I think it`s a great idea,since probably 80 % of most JETS FANS POST ON AT LEAST 2 OF THE SITES IF NOT ALL 3 . I think it would be great if we could stick to trashing the FINS & PATSY`s & their fans instead of trashing fellow Jet fans from other rival JET sites...I think instead of August ,you should have it on the SAT of 7/29 atEisenhower park in Long Island in between the morning & afternoon workouts of opening weekend of training camp & MAKE IT THE SAME WEEKEND ANNUALY ,this way people will know it`s the opening weekend sat. every year ,they won`t need to ask.......

great idea,,

sounds like this needs approval of The Big Three to move forward

Joisey, remember me? Formally Hermanator from the Green House message board...we first met at the opening tailgate several years ago. Anyway, something like this should be reserved for the opening game don't you think?

It would make for a bigger turn out in my opinion.

Looks like The Dynamic Trio has agreed on a Opening Day tailgate Soiree..

It appears as if The Harley Association will also be invited (I assume Security if someone gets out of hand and goes naughty on us)

SJ...

Yes this was another great joke, it drove up post counts. But do me a favor and drop it. I am related to the Harley guys we tailgate with. I bring my son to the games. The LAST thing I need is people taking this joke the wrong way.

You are a few hundred miles away so I am sure it is hysterical from there. The Harley guys paid the way for over 70 JNers to tailgate last year. They didn't take one penny from us. I am not going to thank them by turning their generosity into a joke.

16H has their thing. They put on a great party. Anybody who wants to visit their tailgate is welcome to I am sure. Thanks for the offer to coordinate this even from 500 miles away but no thanks.

• 8 years later...

I love picnics and Softball. I am getting up there now so I may have to be 3rd base coach :(

I assume Phil or Crusher can still hit Cleanup (softball , not the picnic ;) )

How about you and JGB go around MetLife stadium before the broncos game and inspect the port-o-johns for the best turds of the day? That won't wear you out like playing softball :)

Archived