Beckett = Ace

JonEJet

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why am I not suprised a Skank fan posted this?

Let's see, in half a season he has 11 wins.

In season and a half, Pavano has 4.

I think Boston still has the better deal.

Why am I not suprised a Skank fan posted this?

Let's see, in half a season he has 11 wins.

In season and a half, Pavano has 4.

I think Boston still has the better deal.

Josh Becket is useless.

At least Wily Mo Pena is a younger version of Manny with more power.

Have you yankee fans already blocked out what he did to you in 2003? lol

1/4 blowup, 3/4 ace. Not that bad really when you've got a good offense, defense, and bullpen. Certainly not useless. Take out 4 of hist starts and he's got a 3.22 ERA.

Josh Becket is useless.

At least Wily Mo Pena is a younger version of Manny with more power.

Ok, even if we agreed with Skank fans feeble attempts to make themselves feel better, what is Josh at the vert least? An innings eater that will give you a QS every other time? Do you get that from Randy? No. He is 26 and could get better. Can Randy? No. He still has trade value? Does Randy? No.

Would Beckett make the Yankee rotation? Thought so.

Did Becket stand on the Bronx mound and take the WS ring home with him? Thought so.

He's useless though as the Kris Wilson's and Shawn Chacon's are the revolving 5th door starters for team payroll.

Only this group of Yankee fans would write off a guy who has lived in the 3's with his ERA in his career off of one rough half season in which he still has more wins than any Yankee starter.

But Wins aren't the bottom line.:rolleyes:

How many times must we say it takes time to adjust to new ballparks, new players, new lineups, new teams etc. If he is still pitching poorly next season, then we'll worry. Until then, I wouldn't talk much about young pitching Yanks fans. You don't have any.

How many times must we say it takes time to adjust to new ballparks, new players, new lineups, new teams etc. If he is still pitching poorly next season, then we'll worry. Until then, I wouldn't talk much about young pitching Yanks fans. You don't have any.

Yes, we do. Wang is 26 and obtw pitching much better than Beckett.

Beckett should be fine. But that 2003 game 7 WS performance was a complete abberation of the guy he really is. Like I said, why is he dropping down when he pitches, almost Pavano like, he didnt have the same windup and delivery form in Florida. Weird.

Yes, we do. Wang is 26 and obtw pitching much better than Beckett.

Beckett should be fine. But that 2003 game 7 WS performance was a complete abberation of the guy he really is. Like I said, why is he dropping down when he pitches, almost Pavano like, he didnt have the same windup and delivery form in Florida. Weird.

Game 6*

All these FL pitchers arn't doing that great of a job out of FL. The only one I can see it happening with is Willis.

Game 6*

All these FL pitchers arn't doing that great of a job out of FL. The only one I can see it happening with is Willis.

124, you'd be an ace in the NL.

I love the Mets fans who are becoming Captain Save A Beckett/insert any Red Sox player in here.

Hysterical.

Game 6*

Didn't Leiter, Livan and Kevin Brown all have multiple huge seasons after leaving the Marlins? Rob Nenn was a top closer till getting injured in San Fran.

Brad Penny looked pretty good against the AL and Jeter in the All-Star game.

Didn't Leiter, Livan and Kevin Brown all have multiple huge seasons after leaving the Marlins? Rob Nenn was a top closer till getting injured in San Fran.

Brad Penny looked pretty good against the AL and Jeter in the All-Star game.

Years ago. Years, years ago.

Brad Penny is having 1 good season. Lets see how he does next season.

Bottom Line: The NL Sucks.

:yawn: While with Florida. We're discussing pitchers after Florida.

124 come on I give success stories after Florida and you have a excuse for them. Penny was NL starter in All-Star game on a team other than Florida.(Fanned the side including Capt Clutch)

Brown, Livan,Leiter , Nenn were all top MLB pitchers after Florida. Beckett has 11 wins.

I know your BB knowlege due to your age probably began in 96 but seriously it's reality time...there's baseball rings as well as good players outside of the BX.

By the way the (2) and possibly 3 biggest ex Florida bust signings belong to no other than Brian Cashman in Leiter and Brown after they posted success elsewhere but were clearly toast and Pavano.

Great way to gauge how well a pitchers doing. Becketts been a bust for your team.

Sorry.

LOL ,first it's not my team. Second I would take him in my rotation in a minute as would you. But then again you weren't hip to David Wright being a star now were you.

Take a step back Matt and lay off these 1 start or 1/2 a season assessments. Beckett has already won more games for Boston than Pavano probably ever will for the Yanks.

I think that's where your inability to look at things realistically stems from.

LOL ,first it's not my team. Second I would take him in my rotation in a minute as would you. But then again you weren't hip to David Wright being a star now were you.

Take a step back Matt and lay off these 1 start or 1/2 a season assessments. Beckett has already won more games for Boston than Pavano probably ever will for the Yanks.

I think that's where your inability to look at things realistically stems from.

What in gods name does Carl Pavano have to do with Josh Beckett being a bust in Boston? Carl Pavano doesn't exist in my mind anymore. Beckett's still living off 2003, and he's been awfully average since.

Dig up the David Wright post, it was sarcasm response after listening to people try and tell me David Eckstein was better than Derek Jeter.

What in gods name does Carl Pavano have to do with Josh Beckett being a bust in Boston? Carl Pavano doesn't exist in my mind anymore. Beckett's still living off 2003, and he's been awfully average since.

Dig up the David Wright post, it was sarcasm response after listening to people try and tell me David Eckstein was better than Derek Jeter.

Pavano has to do with 124 saying pitchers fail when they leave Florida. That is mind boggling as only Cashman has signed/traded for Marlin busts. Also calling a 11 win pitcher at the 1/2 way point a bust is absurb. Sorry but it is. The Yankees should have some "average" 11 win pitchers.

I love the Sox-Yankee rivalry. It's the best in sports and when the Yanks win I am the first to congratulate. Same goes for this season as I will eat crow if Boston does not coast.

If the Wright thread was sacarcasm than I apologize as it sure did not read that way.

I don't want Beckett either.

Then you are either a fool or put too much stock into the 1st half of a season. It is very true that he is not responding well to the switch to the American League. But Beckett is good enough to crack any of baseball's rotations.

Then you are either a fool or put too much stock into the 1st half of a season. It is very true that he is not responding well to the switch to the American League. But Beckett is good enough to crack any of baseball's rotations.

That dosn't mean the yankees should've given up cano and wang for him.

That dosn't mean the yankees should've given up cano and wang for him.

I agree. I do not know what Beckett's true VALUE ought to be, but I am saying his SKILL SET makes him at least a # 4 starter for any of MLB's teams. And as I said, the Sox did get Lowell in the deal, so you can't call it a bad decision. Lowell has put up some impressive numbers thus far.

I agree. I do not know what Beckett's true VALUE ought to be, but I am saying his SKILL SET makes him at least a # 4 starter for any of MLB's teams. And as I said, the Sox did get Lowell in the deal, so you can't call it a bad decision. Lowell has put up some impressive numbers thus far.

Surprisingly he has. I thought he was done.

This year is a fluke for Lowell he's never hit this well in his life and guys just don't become 320 hitters at 32. He's already started to come back to earth. As has boston's team.

This year is a fluke for Lowell he's never hit this well in his life and guys just don't become 320 hitters at 32. He's already started to come back to earth. As has boston's team.

???? Lowell is doing what he has always done sans last year since having a regular job. He is hitting .300 not .320 and will likely end up around .280 which is his norm.

Not sure what his OYXBPSSS is ;) , but he's a Gold Glove to boot.

He's also 9 for his last 30 with 3 bombs and 7 RBI's as he comes back to earth.

Archived