Just Curious About Logins

Maxman

Just curious, not trying to bust anyone's chops here. Why do some people use the anonymous login option?

Is it to avoid being PMed?

Running from the law?

One time at band camp...

Seriously....Jetgirl one time showed my how to log on and not be seen be eveybody else,this way she could be there all day long like Tx and then still put something like " has any ever seen tx not logged in?" in her sig.

Good parlor trick...this way nobody knows when im here :wink:

I don't like it Maxman and you should turn that feature off.

Struck a deal to partner with a friend who did a pay site a while back and always begged him to turn off the "invisable mode".

Unlike JI, where there were few "stealth posters", this site would have about 15 surfing "anonymous" and 6 people listed at the top the screen...

The few names listed, meant the site looked "lame" with about 80% of the posters hiding.

Not sure why some do it. Perhaps they don't want folks to see their name for long periods of time?

But in Cyberspace, I've been logged in and gone out for long stretches...I think folks realize just because a name appears, doesn't mean that person face is 2 inches away from the screen...hence Nerdy?

Turn it off Maxman, until the site gets more traffic (which it will)..Give the impression that this is a "hot site' by having a ton names in the log in list.

I don't like it Maxman and you should turn that feature off.

Struck a deal to partner with a friend who did a pay site a while back and always begged him to turn off the "invisable mode".

Unlike JI, where there were few "stealth posters", this site would have about 15 surfing "anonymous" and 6 people listed at the top the screen...

The few names listed, meant the site looked "lame" with about 80% of the posters hiding.

Not sure why some do it. Perhaps they don't want folks to see their name for long periods of time?

But in Cyberspace, I've been logged in and gone out for long stretches...I think folks realize just because a name appears, doesn't mean that person face is 2 inches away from the screen...hence Nerdy?

Turn it off Maxman, until the site gets more traffic (which it will)..Give the impression that this is a "hot site' by having a ton names in the log in list.

I hear you. It is something I was thinking about. That is why I was asking if anyone had reasons for it. Because I wasn't sure.

I used to do it at the site whose name is not to be mentioned because I was PMed constantly. People thought that, because I was a moderator, I could solve all their problems.

I don't do it here. I AM getting a little tired of Greengal PMing me, asking me to do dirty things on my webcam.

If only she'd save that stuff for when I'm not at work.

it became habit for me on JI also..i think it was because in my beginning tenure there i ended up on the same threads as another poster and that poster accused me of following them... i got paranoid... i wasn't following...it was coincidence..i was unwize in the ways of internet forums back then... now i find it laughable...... :lol:

actually it is funny i consciously made the decision not to go invisible here. :)

I used to do it at the site whose name is not to be mentioned because I was PMed constantly. People thought that, because I was a moderator, I could solve all their problems.

I don't do it here. I AM getting a little tired of Greengal PMing me, asking me to do dirty things on my webcam.

If only she'd save that stuff for when I'm not at work.

In your dreams Bob ...:lol:

I also support removing the anonymous surfing by members...I say take that function off, unless we get stalkers..

LL

It hasn't been a problem yet so we are going to let it stay. If it becomes a problem we may reconsider.

Archived