Adios to Jolley : MERGED

NIGHT STALKER

So thats all we have to show for a 1st round pick huh? Also whats with the bucs taking AWFUL jet TE's? LOL

for the 50,000,001st time...we did not trade a first round pick for jolley, we traded the equivelant of the 7th pick in the 3rd round for jolley.

read some of the other jolley posts for more info...

stop spreading falsities around jetnation.

Q: Why didn't we have a 1st round pick in 2005?

A: Because we traded for Doug Jolley.

wrong, again.

we traded the 26th and 230th picks for jolley, the 47th, 182nd and 185th picks if i remember correctly...

based on the draft value chart we gave up 702.4 points in the draft and picked up 468. That means that jolley was worth 234.4 points in the trade. The 71st pick in the draft is worth 235. So that means we basically gave up the 7th pick in the 3rd round for him.

AGAIN, you must have a very thick skull...because you obviously don't understand simple mathematics. we traded the first round pick along with the 230th selections for 3 picks and jolley.

if we traded our first round pick straight up for jolley ...then we got a hell of deal trading the 230th pick in the draft for the 47th, 182nd and 185th.

wrong, again.

we traded the 26th and 230th picks for jolley, the 47th, 182nd and 185th picks if i remember correctly...

based on the draft value chart we gave up 702.4 points in the draft and picked up 468. That means that jolley was worth 234.4 points in the trade. The 71st pick in the draft is worth 235. So that means we basically gave up the 7th pick in the 3rd round for him.

AGAIN, you must have a very thick skull...because you obviously don't understand simple mathematics. we traded the first round pick along with the 230th selections for 3 picks and jolley.

if we traded our first round pick straight up for jolley ...then we got a hell of deal trading the 230th pick in the draft for the 47th, 182nd and 185th.

No, I get it. Very clearly. Pristinely.

My point is the trade was ****ing stupid from the get-go. Jolley was likely to be cut by Oakland to begin with. Had he shown enough to make him worthy of 7th pick of the 3rd round? Maybe if we made the trade after 2002. If the Jets were intent on moving out of the 1st round, there were surely much better players they could have acquired than Jolley.

BTW, the question I proposed is accurate. We did NOT trade Jolley straight-up for a 1st round pick, however, Jolley IS the reason we didn't have one. Now, try and get that concept through YOUR thick skull.

Cowboys | Team acquires seventh round pick for Ryan

Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:55:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the < Dallas Cowboys received a seventh round pick in the 2007 NFL Draft from the New York Jets in exchange for TE Sean Ryan.

:Typotux:::GoJets:

Which seventh round pick? Ours or the one we probably got for Jolley?

No, I get it. Very clearly. Pristinely.

My point is the trade was ****ing stupid from the get-go. Jolley was likely to be cut by Oakland to begin with. Had he shown enough to make him worthy of 7th pick of the 3rd round? Maybe if we made the trade after 2002. If the Jets were intent on moving out of the 1st round, there were surely much better players they could have acquired than Jolley.

BTW, the question I proposed is accurate. We did NOT trade Jolley straight-up for a 1st round pick, however, Jolley IS the reason we didn't have one. Now, try and get that concept through YOUR thick skull.

no you are wrong again. we didn't have a first round pick because of jolley, we didn't have a first round pick because instead got jolley, nugent, cedric houston and chad owens. jolley was only part of the trade, worth about a 3rd round pick. you can't just take out one piece of the puzzle and match it up with another. the entire puzzle goes together. by the way, i never said it was a good trade or not, just that you were wrong. which you obviously were.

no you are wrong again. we didn't have a first round pick because of jolley, we didn't have a first round pick because instead got jolley, nugent, cedric houston and chad owens. jolley was only part of the trade, worth about a 3rd round pick. you can't just take out one piece of the puzzle and match it up with another. the entire puzzle goes together. by the way, i never said it was a good trade or not, just that you were wrong. which you obviously were.

Hypothetical question.

If the Jets hadn't traded for Doug Jolley last year, would they or would they not have had a first round pick?

Hypothetical question.

If the Jets hadn't traded for Doug Jolley last year, would they or would they not have had a first round pick?

who knows...they very well could have traded down still, with no doug jolley involved. doug jolley wasn't even worth the most points on that side of the trade.

maybe this will blow your mind oktaren... but maybe the "points" you speak of are all a big pile of bull?

The only points that matter are the number that your offense scores and your defense doesn't allow to happen. Heath Miller would have put up A LOT more points on our offense than Doug Jolley, Cedric Houston or Nugent.

PS -- I hate that you keep repeating yourself. Maybe you can just link back to your first post from now on? Thnx.

maybe this will blow your mind oktaren... but maybe the "points" you speak of are all a big pile of bull?

The only points that matter are the number that your offense scores and your defense doesn't allow to happen. Heath Miller would have put up A LOT more points on our offense than Doug Jolley, Cedric Houston or Nugent.

PS -- I hate that you keep repeating yourself. Maybe you can just link back to your first post from now on? Thnx.

hello, are you slow? i just stated that i never said i liked the trade, just that we didn't trade a first round pick for him. that is just how it is, that is not an opinion, that is fact. all i am saying is that if we traded a first rounder for jolley, we got a great deal giving up a late round pick for a 2nd round pick and a few more late rounders. if you don't understand that, well...wow.

Archived