NFL Network: In Their Own Words. Herm Edwards 9PM ET

Tennessee_Jet

9 p.m. -- In Their Own Words

Get up close and personal with today's most successful and intriguing coaches and players with In Their Own Words. Each one-hour episode gives fans unprecedented access to an NFL legend with intimate sound. In Their Own Words reveals his intensity, humor, competitiveness and humanity using rare interviews, archival action footage and exclusive sound captured on the field, on the sidelines and in the locker room. Tonight's episode: Herman Edwards.

I am QUITE pissed at the NFL Network, btw. They hyped up their "Combine coverage" like they were going to have top-notch info, and instead all we got was a wrap-up show with Rich Eisen running shtick with Scott Pioli and then 25 minutes of how Maurice Clarett has turned himself around. Like, who gives a sh*t? I want 40 times, baby!

Now that's some funny crap.

:o

Well Tx let's do the math.

How many teams in the league?

How many make the playoffs?

How many times has Herm done that?

I am not saying he is THE BEST. But his track record percentage wise makes him a success.

you know whats funny Pats fans act like thay have won 26 Super Bowls - get its straight you won 3 of 4 - Excellent - but the tide will have to switch - just ask the Steelers/Cowboys of the 70's - the 49eres of the 80's and the boy of the 90's -

Dynastys come to an abrupt halt

9 p.m. -- In Their Own Words

Get up close and personal with today's most successful and intriguing coaches and players with In Their Own Words. Each one-hour episode gives fans unprecedented access to an NFL legend with intimate sound. In Their Own Words reveals his intensity, humor, competitiveness and humanity using rare interviews, archival action footage and exclusive sound captured on the field, on the sidelines and in the locker room. Tonight's episode: Herman Edwards.

"Now, what I like to do is marinate my ribs in a sweet vinegar soak. This way they get nice and sweet before they are put on the BBQ."

"Ok, lemme tell you something. Chad is brilliant. He came to me in a game with a recipe for a chipolte rub for grilling pork chops that was just genius. He is a genius and we are lucky to have him as our starting Qb."

"You may not be able to tell this about Curtis Martin. That guy is fast....he finishes his plate of ribs so fast, I would think he was a lineman or something.."

LL

you know whats funny Pats fans act like thay have won 26 Super Bowls - get its straight you won 3 of 4 - Excellent - but the tide will have to switch - just ask the Steelers/Cowboys of the 70's - the 49eres of the 80's and the boy of the 90's -

Dynastys come to an abrupt halt

Charlie Weis carried Mumbles.

Anyone who can't see this is a fool.

Well Tx let's do the math.

I am not saying he is THE BEST. But his track record percentage wise makes him a success.

4 years as HC

35-29 regular season record (54% winning percentage)

2-2 playoff record

0 AFC Championship Game appearances

0 Super Bowl appearances

THAT track record percentage makes him a success???

To me, that makes him look like what he is:

A very mediocre NFL HC.

4 years as HC

2-2 playoff record

0 Super Bowl appearances

A very mediocre NFL HC.

Herm is a black Pete Carroll. They both did a half way decent job of maintaining a team someone else built, but when push comes to shove in the big games, the other teams always seems to be a play or field goal better.

Tex, you have to see the previews for it. There's two guys wrestling at one point, and then after a Curtis Martin fumble, Herm is in his ear screaming "That's OK! We're gonna be OK!"

Quite the leader, my man Herman is. :shock:

would you rather him say ok men - take off the pads and helmet Martin fumbled we are doomed?

4 years as HC

2-2 playoff record

0 Super Bowl appearances

A very mediocre NFL HC.

35 and 29 is a better winning percentage than most coaches. This is my point.

He has been good. Not great. Not terrible.

Archived