Mangini on ESPN

lawngnome o-line

Let's just say that Mangini comes from the Bill Belicheck school of extremely interesting radio conversation.

Spoke very highly of Brad Smith, and didn't admit, (but did mention) that there was possible searches for a new kicker.

Mangini won't even tell the world if he is a yankee or met fan.

Either way, I would rather have this than someone tell the world who is starting where and how often we are going to do certain plays.

I like it how he doesn't talk much, I love it even more how it pisses off the media. I'm surprised he'd be looking out for a new kicker already, I'm surprised he would even mention that to the public! He's spoken very highly of Brad Smith on many occassions. Could yuo possibly find the exactr wordings of the interview, or was it just like a TV/radio thing? Thanks.

I don't have the exact wording or anything, but it was good how when he was asked, "who is going to get more of the workload, barlow or blaylock" he was like "well we are going to evaluate the situation and the decision will be made based on who is better prepared to play on sunday"

With Nugents situation he said that he had a meeting with mike, and that he knew that he didn't have a good game.

Then instead of saying that he was looking for a kicker, he said that him and Tannebaum look everyday for players in every position that could help the team win games. Basically saying that hey, we were looking for kickers.

Then the host tried to pry it again, saying that wouldn't it be smart to get a kicker in there to motivate Nugent. Mangini responded with "if anyone comes in it would be to get that person accustomed with how we run things and how this organization operates"

Bascially a whole lot of nothing...which is frustrating to listen to, but is better in the end.

Here is my recap:

-The win meant a lot. As def coord you worry about half the game, head coach is a new new mentality

-Chad worked, prepared and stayed late. Knocked on the door late at night several times to talk about a coverage or front. Great huddle presence and is a testament to this organization

-5 Second rule: Move on and face the Pats. Exciting to play at home, happy to experience the crowd on this side (rooting for the Jets).

-Does Bill have no advantage because you know their system? Haven't looked at it that way. Just getting ready to play as well as we can.

-How differently will they attack the Jets because you know what they have done in the past? They always do different things. Jets must prepare and adjust as game unfolds.

-Assess the play of the young OL. They have worked hard. Smart, tough, competitive guys that is why they were drafted. They are talentd and have to keep working and will get better each week as they see things. He is pleased with the rookie class.

-Blaylock\Barlow in the backfield - do the Jets need one primary RB? Each week the Jets will do whatever gives them the best chance. 1, 2, 3 RB it will change based on the opponent. Guys need to be flexible.

-Did you break the 5 second rule after the win? We celebrated with pie and ice cream. The win was nice.

-Sense of maintaining expectations? Anytime you win or lose you have to fight human nature. Each week they take a consistent approach. The goal is to win first, get better second.

Mangini told Mike & Mike he would hire them to be his PR Agent.

Good Interview, thanks for the recap, Max. He was a lot more engaging than usual, maybe Greeny brought it out of him, cause he is just a giddy fan.

Anyone have any pictures of Stink's daughter, they ve been ragging on him all morning . . . i think she was in a "bedtime" moment last night on TV.

the reason I enjoy listening to Mike and Mike is because of Greenie-otherwise we hear not word one about our Jets from the national media

greenie is pretty funny...i love when Golic breaks his balls for his love fest with Chad..ahahha

Archived