Is Mangini calling Defensive plays, or is DC?

SouthernJet

Sutton is calling the plays. But as you can see on the sidelines Mangini is VERY involved.

He doesn't seem to yell at Sutton as much as he does Schott. Maybe it is an age thing. But young Brian is only a 3 and out away from an a$$ reaming.

on the sideline, if you read mangini's lips, 9 out of 10 times when he's talking into the headset, you can see him say "Bob".

Schotty probably has more control of the Offense with Mangni taking the hands off approach..

As Mangini has said, what he offers Brian, is "what the defensive mind would be thinking". That could be valuable to Schotty.

on the sideline, if you read mangini's lips, 9 out of 10 times when he's talking into the headset, you can see him say "Bob".

Schotty probably has more control of the Offense with Mangni taking the hands off approach..

As Mangini has said, what he offers Brian, is "what the defensive mind would be thinking". That could be valuable to Schotty.

I agree. I think it's a good cop/bad cop deal on offense-

Mangini only gets involved when somebody f's up royally. That way Schott doesn't lose the player.

It's a lot better than the old headset communication system, which most of the time, on 3rd down heard,

"Paul, run a draw here"

I really like that. Before, Herm probably had no idea what the defense was thinking, and would not have told Paul or Mike in time anyway, considering his "expertise" with a simple thing as telling time.:confused:

I really like that. Before, Herm probably had no idea what the defense was thinking, and would not have told Paul or Mike in time anyway, considering his "expertise" with a simple thing as telling time.:confused:

That's a bunch of bull. Herm was probably telling his OC "it's 3rd down, they'll NEVER expect a draw"

:)

Archived