Barlow's contract re-negotiated

NIGHT STALKER

Look for Kevan Barlow's role to increase in the coming weeks, perhaps this week. As a show of support, the Jets quietly re-negotiated Barlow's contract, guaranteeing $1 million of his $2.5 million base salary. It lowers his 2006 cap number by $666,000, but it adds $333,000 in each of the next two seasons.

Look for Kevan Barlow's role to increase in the coming weeks, perhaps this week. As a show of support, the Jets quietly re-negotiated Barlow's contract, guaranteeing $1 million of his $2.5 million base salary. It lowers his 2006 cap number by $666,000, but it adds $333,000 in each of the next two seasons.

ya, he looked like the best RB we had last week in tenny...

its a no brainer he will be the starter, i assume this week,,

ya, he looked like the best RB we had last week in tenny...

its a no brainer he will be the starter, i assume this week,,

I really hope so because I don't care if we ever see Blaylock get another touch as a Jet-just another stupid move (as we are now learning more and more) made by the incompetent previous administration

I really hope so because I don't care if we ever see Blaylock get another touch as a Jet-just another stupid move (as we are now learning more and more) made by the incompetent previous administration

remember he was part of the Jets feeder system, ,the Chiefs

I don't think Blaylock will be entirely useless, he's just not an every down back, at least not one behind a novice O-line. Sure, he looked great in KC, Little John Flowers would run for a grand behind willie roaf and richardson.

He can be a thrid down back though, spread out as a reciever, and utilized in that mold till Leon Washington is ready to take over for him full time in that role.

Then, bye bye Blaylock.

I don't think Blaylock will be entirely useless, he's just not an every down back, at least not one behind a novice O-line.

He can be a thrid down back though, spread out as a reciever, and utilized in that mold till Leon Washington is ready to take over for him full time in that role.

Then, bye bye Blaylock.

That sounds like a plan!

I wouldn't read too much into this. Ramsey's role in the offense didn't skyrocket after his extension/reneg.

I am not saying Barlow is the next Gale Sayers but the games i have seen him play he is a back that runs with authority into the line-something Blalock can not do with his stature. I think we will see more of him in the lineup once Mangini is comfortable he knows the system

At least Barlow is a back that always seems to get positive yards, even when he appears to be wrapped up. Blaylock on the other hand.....sucks.

Well thats not exactly true. The year before last Barlow led the league in negative plays. Plays that resulted in a loss of yards. Ya i know, so did Barry Sanders, blah blah whatever. Barlow is not Barry Sanders.

Well thats not exactly true. The year before last Barlow led the league in negative plays. Plays that resulted in a loss of yards. Ya i know, so did Barry Sanders, blah blah whatever. Barlow is not Barry Sanders.

Blah, blah!

Late for me, early for you.

Here is something you have never seen from the All Blacks. This is no Haka!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1263399859472240677&q=haka

BTW: I play Aussie Rules footy!

Blah, blah!

Late for me, early for you.

Here is something you have never seen from the All Blacks. This is no Haka!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1263399859472240677&q=haka

BTW: I play Aussie Rules footy!

There's a cool restaraunt out by Vicenza named after those guys. Makes some kind of crazy orichetti with pears. Good stuff. I wouldn't be afraid of their little Haka dance, but if they are they good, I might be scared anyway. Not sure what it has to do with Barlow though.

I'm serious JM I've seen NOTHING from this guy since he arrived last year-at least a guy like Houston tries harder with probably a lot less God-given talent.Barlow too has a lot of potential-he's proved it

I agre with this assessment. Houston last season seemed to try to keep going after initial contact. Blaylock seems to go down immediately unpon contact.

He played for the absolutely worst team in the league by far, a team that had no offensive line. Any back needs some contribution from the line. In the years prior to that when the niners were semi respectable, Barlow was a tough, solid back.

Archived