The Semi No Huddle

Maxman

Sorry in advance for using semi in a thread title. I know that bothers some of you. Anyhow has anyone noticed this semi no-huddle thing the Jets have been doing? Getting to the line of scrimmage quickly, without subsitutions when they feel they have a good matchup against the defense. Yes, what a concept exploiting matchups.

Well I was thinking about this. They have let Chad have full reign so far (yeah one week I know). Do you think they will pull that aspect back a bit against Belly? Because he disguises coverages so well?

Personally I think they will let Chad make the reads and adjustments that he wants to. The key to the game will once again be picking up the blitz and trying to run the ball. Oh yeah and it would help if Chad was lights out this week as well!

Sorry in advance for using semi in a thread title. I know that bothers some of you. Anyhow has anyone noticed this semi no-huddle thing the Jets have been doing? Getting to the line of scrimmage quickly, without subsitutions when they feel they have a good matchup against the defense. Yes, what a concept exploiting matchups.

Well I was thinking about this. They have let Chad have full reign so far (yeah one week I know). Do you think they will pull that aspect back a bit against Belly? Because he disguises coverages so well?

Personally I think they will let Chad make the reads and adjustments that he wants to. The key to the game will once again be picking up the blitz and trying to run the ball. Oh yeah and it would help if Chad was lights out this week as well!

I think the Jets will use this quite extensively on Sunday.

You know how much BB likes substitutions on defense depending on down and distance. The no-huddle would prevent the Pats from getting the right personnel on the field.

I think the Jets will use this quite extensively on Sunday.

You know how much BB likes substitutions on defense depending on down and distance. The no-huddle would prevent the Pats from getting the right personnel on the field.

Anyone else get the impression that Mangini might be happier with just pissing Mumbles off instead of winning the game?

They can do this at the line but Chad has to be smart. It is a lot of pressure on him since Belly's defenses are never what they seem to be.

Should be interesting.

This is similar to what we see from Manning and the Colts- do no let your opponent make substitutions- keep them off balance- good idea!

Uhhhh, that may not be the best comparison for this week faba. The Pats never seemed to have trouble with that in the past.

Archived