ESPN NEWS Reporting Jets close to Coles -Moss deal

Smizzy

As much as I don't like Coles, I hate Santana worse. Coles is the epitome of physical toughness. You know how this deal makes sense? Because next year when Moss is whining about his contract, and wanting to get paid like a #1 receiver, we'll have Coles, McCareins and possible Mason on the field.

As much as I don't like Coles, I hate Santana worse. Coles is the epitome of physical toughness. You know how this deal makes sense? Because next year when Moss is whining about his contract, and wanting to get paid like a #1 receiver, we'll have Coles, McCareins and possible Mason on the field.

Coles is a legit #1. Moss is not. Even on a bad toe the guy racked up some catches. Coles is not afraid of contact and he can be a playmaker. Moss will get an extension this year so he won't whine in DC. It makes sense for both teams.

LL

I still wish Coles toe was better.

your right LL i would take coles as a #1 before i take S. Moss BUT we have no punt returner as it is and we have no fast WR - there has to be a better trade...

DJ, you can GET a punt returner in the 4th round. You won't find a Coles in the 4th round. Moss HAS to go just like Abe has to go, IMO.

Spot on. What's worse, a guy who plays hurt but will try to make the catch and try to get as many yards as possible, or the guy who'll drop the ball to avoid getting hit, or run out of bounds when he sees another player within 5 yards?

Bye Santana.

Spot on. What's worse, a guy who plays hurt but will try to make the catch and try to get as many yards as possible, or the guy who'll drop the ball to avoid getting hit, or run out of bounds when he sees another player within 5 yards?

Bye Santana.

I like this Panzer guy. He must be Scandinavian. :lol:

your right LL i would take coles as a #1 before i take S. Moss BUT we have no punt returner as it is and we have no fast WR - there has to be a better trade...

Punt returners come and go. But legit #1 recievers who arent afraid to go up and get it are rare. Coles loves Chad and loves going after passes. Plus he exudes an attitude that he is not afraid of ANY cb or S. Santana suffered from fear..he did not want to get hit. How many times did we see Santana give up on a pass or go out of bounds instead of taking on a tackler? Rare indeed.

We are better off with a WR who wants the ball, even in traffic.

LL

Archived